• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics after Teague & Horford

JTB

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's a pseudo-grass is greener on the other side type of attitude.  Folks are trying to sell Olynk and Smart too.  They're aiight but not worth anything we have.  They'd be pieces I'd like to ADD not to TRADE FOR and presumably build with.

I am convinced these fans don't watch the NBA outside of Atlanta or even understand Basketball period. You trade Horford,  you blowing it up. Especially with this personnel grouping. The reason why Boston is decent is due to their depth and they not offering even their better talented players like Bradley. They offering guys who would  be meh on this team. 

Honestly, I expect this team to just be bad but not good at being bad like Sacramento after a silly trade like this. We don't even have a boogie either. This stuff will be pathetic. 

49 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Crowder is  a man's man, but not very good at basketball. Overrated.

I think Crowder on this team would easily improve our defense...now of course when Teague has games like he did last night and really the last 5 games...talking about adding Crowder for him seem silly (which I can admit I suggested earlier in this thread) but I will take it back and wait to the end of the season to see what Jeff gives us shall he stay a hawk pass the deadline.

I know what Jeff can do and thats be an all star like player but if he don't play up to his ability which we have seen more of during his whole career here in Atlanta then a Crowder trade won't be so bad especially at Crowders contract. Its a steal similar to Teagues when he's actually aggressive.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We got a fanbase that love a dude who's not even as sound as Carroll. This fanbase act like we the Lakers or shit like Kevin Durant is walking through that door

Nobody thinks Crowder is Durant trust me....I can tell you that I for one simply suggested Crowder to help shore up this perimeter defense that already has Dennis, Baze, & Thabo on the perimeter. Adding another good borderline elite defender like crowder to that mix would be excellent especially since he can knock down the 3 ball which is really just a bonus like it would be with Thabo and like it originally was with DMC until he became extremely reliable.....Defense and 3's thats all Crowder can provide and really thats what we need from the SG & SF positions on this team similar to last season. Thats what Bud likes so thats what I suggested without killing the whole team.

Y'all complain about being small all the time well Crowder fixes that...atleast on the wing he does. Dude is 6'6 which aint great but he weighs 235!..... BUT again like I told @DS17Fanboy its now looking silly that I even suggested Crowder for Teague....right now it is.....and I can admit Teague at his maximum potential should definitely get us more than Jae Crowder....but we all forget that Teague can start playing passive again in a heartbeat when he gives us these consistent games of "playoff teague". Feels like we have a star player or potential star player when he's doing this! Teagues my favorite hawk when he's aggressive but thats just it....the aggressiveness always STOPS...its not who teague is and he has let us down all except for 1 full complete year since being drafted but I hope I'm wrong and he's truly this new aggressive all star point guard hes been lately and  was all last season. Hope that his ankle was truly holding him back in the 1st half of the year since suddenly he wants to play his ass off.

I will tell you this...if Crowder was a hawk I would give it 3 games and these people would love him just like they feel in love with DMC...who Im not saying is better than just similar hard core "junkyard dog" like players. Again not calling Crowder better but he is younger, with great defense, and a lot of heart. Watch the celtics sometimes...the only reason they are ranked high in perimeter defense is because of Crowder, Turner, and Bradley on defense mainly but really just Crowder and Turner mainly. If they lose just one of those guys their defense will look like shit I guarantee it! 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am convinced these fans don't watch the NBA outside of Atlanta or even understand Basketball period. You trade Horford,  you blowing it up. Especially with this personnel grouping. The reason why Boston is decent is due to their depth and they not offering even their better talented players like Bradley. They offering guys who would  be meh on this team. 

Honestly, I expect this team to just be bad but not good at being bad like Sacramento after a silly trade like this. We don't even have a boogie either. This stuff will be pathetic. 

That's exactly what I've been trying to articulate.  Trading for those pieces leaves us in that 8-10 range.  Being in that range but with a piece like Cousins or Ant. Davis is fine because you have something to build/ascend with.  US being in that range is franchise death.

I'd tear my hair out watching Kelly freaking Olynk or Crowder hoist up Smoove-esque long 2's.

@JTB, Crowder would be a nice piece but not if it means forcing him into a larger role which is exactly what would happen if we traded for him.  This team suffers a severe disorder of forcing guys to do more than they're capable of.  BazeLock isn't a starter, Korver is being asked to play/do too much, Al ... sigh, even Millsap is being asked to do too much.  Adding Crowder to that mix while removing Teague or Al to get him is just adding gas to a blazing inferno.  It doesn't help us.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think Crowder on this team would easily improve our defense...now of course when Teague has games like he did last night and really the last 5 games...talking about adding Crowder for him seem silly (which I can admit I suggested earlier in this thread) but I will take it back and wait to the end of the season to see what Jeff gives us shall he stay a hawk pass the deadline.

I know what Jeff can do and thats be an all star like player but if he don't play up to his ability which we have seen more of during his whole career here in Atlanta then a Crowder trade won't be so bad especially at Crowders contract. Its a steal similar to Teagues when he's actually aggressive.

Nobody thinks Crowder is Durant trust me....I can tell you that I for one simply suggested Crowder to help shore up this perimeter defense that already has Dennis, Baze, & Thabo on the perimeter. Adding another good borderline elite defender like crowder to that mix would be excellent especially since he can knock down the 3 ball which is really just a bonus like it would be with Thabo and like it originally was with DMC until he became extremely reliable.....Defense and 3's thats all Crowder can provide and really thats what we need from the SG & SF positions on this team similar to last season. Thats what Bud likes so thats what I suggested without killing the whole team.

Y'all complain about being small all the time well Crowder fixes that...atleast on the wing he does. Dude is 6'6 which aint great but he weighs 235!..... BUT again like I told @DS17Fanboy its now looking silly that I even suggested Crowder for Teague....right now it is.....and I can admit Teague at his maximum potential should definitely get us more than Jae Crowder....but we all forget that Teague can start playing passive again in a heartbeat when he gives us these consistent games of "playoff teague". Feels like we have a star player or potential star player when he's doing this! Teagues my favorite hawk when he's aggressive but thats just it....the aggressiveness always STOPS...its not who teague is and he has let us down all except for 1 full complete year since being drafted but I hope I'm wrong and he's truly this new aggressive all star point guard hes been lately and  was all last season. Hope that his ankle was truly holding him back in the 1st half of the year since suddenly he wants to play his ass off.

I will tell you this...if Crowder was a hawk I would give it 3 games and these people would love him just like they feel in love with DMC...who Im not saying is better than just similar hard core "junkyard dog" like players. Again not calling Crowder better but he is younger, with great defense, and a lot of heart. Watch the celtics sometimes...the only reason they are ranked high in perimeter defense is because of Crowder, Turner, and Bradley on defense mainly but really just Crowder and Turner mainly. If they lose just one of those guys their defense will look like shit I guarantee it! 

This is the hilarious part to me. The defense with Crowder in your mind is as if Horford is there too but if he is traded. This ain't the same damn defense.  This defense become extremely weak. Like weaker than when Horford half season time. Y'all gonna learn. Crowder ain't good for nothing with the center can't defend the pnr, he cannot protect the rim, he's not good at defending on multiple levels, his BBIQ is not good or if it is, he's not athletic enough to do shit. 

Keep underrating Horford. I know this already but its clear you don't. 

This dude says Boston perimeter defense as if they have a 35 year old SG and a smaller PG. They have the two best defensive guards in the NBA and they still struggle,  why because they don't have a single big defender who is half way as good as Horford. Hell they don't even has someone as good as current Josh Smith on defense.  But ya'll gonna learn.

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is the hilarious part to me. The defense with Crowder in your mind is as if Horford is there too but if he is traded. This ain't the same damn defense.  This defense become extremely weak. Like weaker than when Horford half season time. Y'all gonna learn. Crowder ain't good for nothing with the center can't defend the pnr, he cannot protect the rim, he's not good at defending on multiple levels, his BBIQ is not good or if it is, he's not athletic enough to do shit. 

Keep underrating Horford. I know this already but its clear you don't. 

Underrating horford?

i never mentioned getting rid of horford to acquire crowder only Jeff .  Dennis would take over jeffs spot which I'm sure you of all people wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This dude says Boston perimeter defense as if they have a 35 year old SG and a smaller PG. They have the two best defensive guards in the NBA and they still struggle,  why because they don't have a single big defender who is half way as good as Horford. Hell they don't even has someone as good as current Josh Smith on defense.  But ya'll gonna learn.

And your point is what?

getting crowder benches the 35 year old SG, moves Baze to the 2, and effectively brings Thabo off the bench to play defense for limited time like he's suppose to instead of relying on him to come in and stop the bleeding once that typical size SF starts to put a beating on smaller Baze.

youre all upset over nothing. Thus is all just talk ...everyone knows no moves will be made. Bud isn't ready to break it up, don't worry.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's exactly what I've been trying to articulate.  Trading for those pieces leaves us in that 8-10 range.  Being in that range but with a piece like Cousins or Ant. Davis is fine because you have something to build/ascend with.  US being in that range is franchise death.

I'd tear my hair out watching Kelly freaking Olynk or Crowder hoist up Smoove-esque long 2's.

@JTB, Crowder would be a nice piece but not if it means forcing him into a larger role which is exactly what would happen if we traded for him.  This team suffers a severe disorder of forcing guys to do more than they're capable of.  BazeLock isn't a starter, Korver is being asked to play/do too much, Al ... sigh, even Millsap is being asked to do too much.  Adding Crowder to that mix while removing Teague or Al to get him is just adding gas to a blazing inferno.  It doesn't help us.

Forcing people to do more than what they are capable of....good point.

maybe if we had a star those players can be what they truly are good role players with the exception of sap who is skilled enough to be a robin as far as dropping points but unfortunately we need players to play slightly above their maximum potential nearly every game since there is no star to depend on.

To fix this issue you put yourself in cousins like or Anthony Davis like position and you trust the GM or in our case the GM and the president to put good useful talent around that star.

so here's the thing...if you don't trade away a great deal of value for that building piece your more than likely are going to have a team like the Hawks who will need players to go above and beyond their ability to truly be a contender...similar to last season.

yeah it's too bad Bud doesn't have a star player bud seems to be able to find a journey man and turn him into a reliable source year after year so I encourage the Davis or cousins situation here in Atlanta. This isn't Mike Woodson who wasted talent , bud will build a team around a player like that in a minimum of 2 years.

12 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

"All I want is 2 fat bitches and 2 bags of chips for the fat bitches to eat." - @kg01

I want a 12 piece spicy dark, 8 biscuits, potatoes, greens, extra gravy and a milkshake." - @spud2nique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Alls I want is somebody to teach me how to @mention on my own site." - @Dolfan23

abrn.gif

On a related/unrelated note, @Spud2Nique, why does he think you're a fatty?

{Disclaimer: There's nothing wrong with being a fatty.  Big gurls need luv too.}

Mentions don't work on Tapatalk schmohawk!

23 minutes ago, JTB said:

Underrating horford?

i never mentioned getting rid of horford to acquire crowder only Jeff .  Dennis would take over jeffs spot which I'm sure you of all people wouldn't mind.

Nope but that's not even an option for Boston 

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

And your point is what?

getting crowder benches the 35 year old SG, moves Baze to the 2, and effectively brings Thabo off the bench to play defense for limited time like he's suppose to instead of relying on him to come in and stop the bleeding once that typical size SF starts to put a beating on smaller Baze.

youre all upset over nothing. Thus is all just talk ...everyone knows no moves will be made. Bud isn't ready to break it up, don't worry.

You really think Bazemore is better for us starting then Korver. Bazemore isn't consistent enough to start considering he's not extremely talented 

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Mentions don't work on Tapatalk schmohawk!

Aye, I don't wanna hear about the pain, just gimme the baby.  Nah, I don't know anything about all that stuff.  I still think it was a slick burn.

@JTB careful or folks might think you're calling for us to tank.  There are no LeeBrons coming down the pike any time soon. If there were, we'd know it by now.  IOW, tanking is a fruitless mission IMO (and I've changed on that).  I'd rather we ride the season out and, this time, use our draft pick effectively.  That's a much better strategy than 'blowing it up' via these awful pro-Boston or pro-Knick trades.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Defense is not something Boston struggles with (they've consistently been top 5) and Crowder is part of the reason why. If we deal Horford, it IS time for a reset. I'd rather keep Horford and trade Teague but if Horford is going to walk we could get good pieces for them. Crowder at $7M a year for 5 years in his prime in the rising cap is a good piece. This isn't a Josh Smith situation where nobody would want Horford.

Having said all that,  I doubt we deal Horford. I think Teague might be out though I wish we'd keep him too.

• Premium Member

My question is if the Hawks keep both Teague and Horford past the trade deadline, what's the longterm plan?  The Hawks know it's going to take a max deal to keep Horford and trying to keep Teague when his deal is up will be expensive too.  Yet this team as is has shown itself to be middle of the pack.  Are they planning on building around a group of solid players who will be on the wrong side of 30?  Do they honestly believe that gets them into championship contention?

• Like 1

Kamla & Co on 92.9 say that there were hints in both Bud's interview and Horford's interview that indicate Horford is gone.  Seemed like they reaching a bit to me.  How they came to that conclusion based on what was said is a mystery. 

You know, it's really a shame that the team that showed up last night doesn't show up every night.  If the inconsistency was corrected, we could still be a force in the league.  I think it really boils down to them drifting away from the ball movement & unselfishness that made them good.  That and playing out of control.

I don't want to see Teague and Horford leave, I just want them to play well.  If Al does want to go, I hope we can replace him with a real center.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Defense is not something Boston struggles with (they've consistently been top 5) and Crowder is part of the reason why. If we deal Horford, it IS time for a reset. I'd rather keep Horford and trade Teague but if Horford is going to walk we could get good pieces for them. Crowder at $7M a year for 5 years in his prime in the rising cap is a good piece. This isn't a Josh Smith situation where nobody would want Horford.

Having said all that,  I doubt we deal Horford. I think Teague might be out though I wish we'd keep him too.

The Hawks defense is ranked ranked high with 35 year old Kyle and being undersized.  

I agree, but at this point, we need to just keep everyone 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Kamla & Co on 92.9 say that there were hints in both Bud's interview and Horford's interview that indicate Horford is gone.  Seemed like they reaching a bit to me.  How they came to that conclusion based on what was said is a mystery. 

You know, it's really a shame that the team that showed up last night doesn't show up every night.  If the inconsistency was corrected, we could still be a force in the league.  I think it really boils down to them drifting away from the ball movement & unselfishness that made them good.  That and playing out of control.

I don't want to see Teague and Horford leave, I just want them to play well.  If Al does want to go, I hope we can replace him with a real center.

It don't take a rocket scientist to see that Atlanta playing other bigs a lot more and bench Horford irregular with no fouls to see they looking at trading him. It would be a massive mistake 

Kind of odd how Horford went out of his way to thank the fans last night. I do believe he's played his last game as a Hawk.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Not trying to take away too much from the Hawks' win last night, but the Mavericks were pretty bad defensively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Not trying to take away too much from the Hawks' win last night, but the Mavericks were pretty bad defensively.

Jeff and Dennis always shine against them. The Mavs have nothing to keep them out of the paint - and finish there!

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1