• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics after Teague & Horford

JTB

22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sullinger??? Sigh.

He's gonna be a RFA which means he's looking to get paid as well (not as much as Al) but I don't trust that he won't get FATTER after he gets paid.

Lol...do you run an "I hate fatties" campaign in your term as First Lady of squawk?

18 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Can ya'll imagine if this happened?

Embedded image permalink

Omg...this hurts to look at...it's making me feel bad inside.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...do you run an "I hate fatties" campaign in your term as First Lady of squawk?

Omg...this hurts to look at...it's making me feel bad inside.

Just imagine, you could have stankin' a** Olynyk and/or middling a** Crowder in a Hawks jersey along with a handful of middling draft pix to dull your pain.

F*ck outta here wit dees dumb a** Celtics trades.  I'm getting angry all over again.

52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just imagine, you could have stankin' a** Olynyk and/or middling a** Crowder in a Hawks jersey along with a handful of middling draft pix to dull your pain.

F*ck outta here wit dees dumb a** Celtics trades.  I'm getting angry all over again.

So what should we do then?  I will love to know your idea

But I have a chance to think about this in detail about everything is going on and I kinda understand what the FO is doing right now.

For starters, the way that this team is constructed and how they played until now that we will not be Cavs in a 7 game series (The So-Called King and their rebounding), or the Raptors, Bulls or even Pacers right now.  Heck I have a feeling that we will be ousted in the first round.

This team needs to get younger and it is going to be a hard process because most of us was here when Al Horford and Jeff Teague was drafted but right now, we have to look into the future and if that future includes trading them away or anybody else, then we have to accepted it and move on.

For that Boston trade, it is not the best trade in the world but I am thinking like how the Braves is doing their rebuild and they are stockpiling talent across the minors and I believe that the Hawks can do the same.  Marquee FA will not come here but I believe that we have the staff that can make a person a star (DMC and now Baze)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So what should we do then?  I will love to know your idea

But I have a chance to think about this in detail about everything is going on and I kinda understand what the FO is doing right now.

For starters, the way that this team is constructed and how they played until now that we will not be Cavs in a 7 game series (The So-Called King and their rebounding), or the Raptors, Bulls or even Pacers right now.  Heck I have a feeling that we will be ousted in the first round.

This team needs to get younger and it is going to be a hard process because most of us was here when Al Horford and Jeff Teague was drafted but right now, we have to look into the future and if that future includes trading them away or anybody else, then we have to accepted it and move on.

For that Boston trade, it is not the best trade in the world but I am thinking like how the Braves is doing their rebuild and they are stockpiling talent across the minors and I believe that the Hawks can do the same.  Marquee FA will not come here but I believe that we have the staff that can make a person a star (DMC and now Baze)

Nothing BOS has qualifies as 'talent' that should be stockpiled.  Those trades are essentially gifting BOS a better team than ours.  Now, I realize in every trade you can't necessarily care about what you're giving the partner.  It's supposed to be about what team you're left with after the fact.  I'm of the opinion that the team we'd end up with would basically be less than a treadmill team with nothing to build on.

The Barves' 'rebuild' is apples-to-oranges IMHO due to the significant differences between how ML vs NBA teams build winners.  You can end up with the 'little engine that could' and win in ML, not so in the NBA.

I'm also of the opinion that the staff cannot build a guy into a star.  Either a guy is or he isn't. (Baze has had a few great games but he's not near a star and is in the middle of a bigtime return to Earth).

My idea is to stand pat.  Trade only if an offer comes that knocks their socks off.  Plan on improving the team through the draft.  I'm not big on Al but I also don't think maxing him out would be that punitive (for lack of a better phrase) considering the supposed new economics of the NBA.  I don't think any realistic move we could make now would help us in the present or future.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nothing BOS has qualifies as 'talent' that should be stockpiled.  Those trades are essentially gifting BOS a better team than ours.  Now, I realize in every trade you can't necessarily care about what you're giving the partner.  It's supposed to be about what team you're left with after the fact.  I'm of the opinion that the team we'd end up with would basically be less than a treadmill team with nothing to build on.

The Barves' 'rebuild' is apples-to-oranges IMHO due to the significant differences between how ML vs NBA teams build winners.  You can end up with the 'little engine that could' and win in ML, not so in the NBA.

I'm also of the opinion that the staff cannot build a guy into a star.  Either a guy is or he isn't. (Baze has had a few great games but he's not near a star and is in the middle of a bigtime return to Earth).

My idea is to stand pat.  Trade only if an offer comes that knocks their socks off.  Plan on improving the team through the draft.  I'm not big on Al but I also don't think maxing him out would be that punitive (for lack of a better phrase) considering the supposed new economics of the NBA.  I don't think any realistic move we could make now would help us in the present or future.

Yup...lemme tell you a long story that I'll make short...when I was young in the early 90's I loved the draft...yesssss lets get Augmon I love that Rebel, let's try and get Harold miner...lets get Googs from NC state...I loved the draft...in the end, it got us nowhere. I'm not saying the draft doesn't help, I'm just saying it hasn't worked for us and history tends to repeat itself. And one other thing, I don't want to do a deal with Boston. The reason being that I don't want to help, attempt to help, or even be a part of helping a team that has punished us in the past.  To me, no deal with Boston is a good one, period.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Yup...lemme tell you a long story that I'll make short...when I was young in the early 90's I loved the draft...yesssss lets get Augmon I love that Rebel, let's try and get Harold miner...lets get Googs from NC state...I loved the draft...in the end, it got us nowhere. I'm not saying the draft doesn't help, I'm just saying it hasn't worked for us and history tends to repeat itself. And one other thing, I don't want to do a deal with Boston. The reason being that I don't want to help, attempt to help, or even be a part of helping a team that has punished us in the past.  To me, no deal with Boston is a good one, period.

I hear you but I maintain that has more to do with the picker than the process.

Speaking of trade "rumors", Chris Broussard just "reported" (aka regurgitated all our conversations) the Hawks have likely settled on trading Teague since they view Dennis as a future/potential star.  Said the Hawks had conversation with MIL wanting Giannis or Parker.  Cited "sources".  Since I'm apparently his source, I guess I should be grateful he didn't put my name out there?

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agree with all of this. You can nevvver compare the MLB to the NBA. You draft a guy in the NBA and if he's a high first round pick he becomes (hopefully) part of your rotation next year. Baseball has so many minor league teams, you don't even care to keep up with the draft. Stockpiling talent in baseball is so you can usually flip 3 prospects for one good pro. You don't see that stuff in the NBA.

I'm all for trading Horford and Teague if we get a player of their caliber or better (either both together or separate). I'm not interested in trading an all-star for a bunch of Bazemore/Splitter types. We need a difference maker, not more guys who "might possibly" become good.

I'd be interested in something based around Teague for Parker from the Bucks.

I reckon that's reasonably fair for both. Teague is a talent on a good contract and a much more reliable and conventional point than MCW. We get some strong potential in Parker and some needed wing depth and size.

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I hear you but I maintain that has more to do with the picker than the process.

Speaking of trade "rumors", Chris Broussard just "reported" (aka regurgitated all our conversations) the Hawks have likely settled on trading Teague since they view Dennis as a future/potential star.  Said the Hawks had conversation with MIL wanting Giannis or Parker.  Cited "sources".  Since I'm apparently his source, I guess I should be grateful he didn't put my name out there?

Oh don't be coy we are all quite sure that your name is already out there in many truck stop men's rest rooms offering a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dirtypuppet said:

I'd be interested in something based around Teague for Parker from the Bucks.

I reckon that's reasonably fair for both. Teague is a talent on a good contract and a much more reliable and conventional point than MCW. We get some strong potential in Parker and some needed wing depth and size.

This is a reasonable deal. This is the ideal.

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like that Giannis or Parker trade 

Broussard also hinted that MIL laughed at that trade idea.  He said it was a short conversation.  Again, this isn't anything we haven't already said here.

It seems like a lopsided deal on it's face but it benefits both teams in the long-run.  MIL probably won't have the stomach to do it.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Broussard is reading the Squawk. 

#SourceSquawk.

That's what I'm saying.  He's not reporting anything I didn't make up weeks ago.  Wait, am I an insider?

I'd do either...giannis would be my first choice but I'd take Parker quickly also. I'd even send the Bucks some flowers. If they were male, chicken wings, henney and newports....:-|