• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How About Rudy Gay

RedDawg#8

• Moderators

I'm not a Gay fan.  As others have said, if you don't have to give up anything of value and can just add him for scrap then that works.  But if you have to give up valuable pieces, it is hard to see how it would help us.

I don't think he has improved the record of any team he has played on in the NBA.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not a Gay fan.  As others have said, if you don't have to give up anything of value and can just add him for scrap then that works.  But if you have to give up valuable pieces, it is hard to see how it would help us.

I don't think he has improved the record of any team he has played on in the NBA.

I never want to see Gay, Melo, Griffin or anybody in the pretend "all star/superstar" label every wear a Hawks uni. Give me somebody with some heart. The other night when we played the Mavs I was thinking just give me Barea and Zaza. Those two seem like they fight for anything and everything. I've been around the block and seen too many highlights from the highlight factory, now it's just about wins and players with heart. Just my 2 cents.

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I never want to see Gay, Melo, Griffin or anybody in the pretend "all star/superstar" label every wear a Hawks uni. Give me somebody with some heart. The other night when we played the Mavs I was thinking just give me Barea and Zaza. Those two seem like they fight for anything and everything. I've been around the block and seen too many highlights from the highlight factory, now it's just about wins and players with heart. Just my 2 cents.

Gay doesn't belong in the same sentence as Griffin who has been a legit MVP candidate and was a beast in the playoffs more times than not (IIRC).

Spud2, you my HS brutha from anotha mutha, but if you ever speak positively about JJ Barea again we may have to literally fight.  I can't stand the sight of that little turd.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Gay doesn't belong in the same sentence as Griffin who has been a legit MVP candidate and was a beast in the playoffs more times than not (IIRC).

Spud2, you my HS brutha from anotha mutha, but if you ever speak positively about JJ Barea again we may have to literally fight.  I can't stand the sight of that little turd.

Lol...but imagine if that turd was hustling his a$$ off for us on a championship run and had a nice lil floater of some big buffoon whose wearing #17 in purple n gold in 2011....;-)

ps Griffin is obviously better than Gay but both are in the Melo group aka never win nuttin...

My bad fellas I meant to respond way earlier in regards to what Sacramento is allegedly asking for. Here is a good article talking about trade ideas for Rudy Gay

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25467237/with-rudy-gay-reportedly-available-here-are-five-deals-that-make-sense

2. Here's what ESPN's Marc Stein said the Kings are looking for in return:

Sacramento is said to be seeking a quality young player in return if it parts with Gay. Or a player they like with at least one year left on his contract after this season, which would give the Kings some insulation against trading for someone in February who turns around and leaves town in July. (Gay, 29, is scheduled to earn $13.3 million from the Kings next season before he's forced to decide on a $14.3 million player option in 2017-18.)In short: Sacramento isn't outright trying to move Gay but would be willing to do so in the proverbial "right deal."

In regards to those saying he is an ISO wannabe superstar type, my only response is that we trust Bud to turn $hit in to sugar with a roster full of developmental guys and 2nd rounders and its worked alright. Who is to say what could happen if you actually give this man legitimate talent to work with? Paul Millsap, Jeff Teague, and Kyle Korver enjoyed career years and all star accolades under coach Bud. Who is to say that Rudy Gay couldn't become an All-Star in this system. Rudy Gay was enough of a team player to make the USA national team under Coach K and win 2 gold medals. If he can learn Coach K's system and fit the team first approach why couldn't he do that here? Just a few nuggets to consider

23 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...but imagine if that turd was hustling his a$$ off for us on a championship run and had a nice lil floater of some big buffoon whose wearing #17 in purple n gold in 2011....;-)

ps Griffin is obviously better than Gay but both are in the Melo group aka never win nuttin...

Griffin and Melo have never played for a Coach with a system like ours.  The triangle  offense the Knicks are running now would be the closest thing to our system and Melo has slowly started to change his approach to getting his teammates more involved and you see they are playing the best basketball they have in a long time. The never win nuttin is just as much the fault of the coaches they played for as it is them. Blakes excuse is being out in the West which is hard for anybody to win. If you want to fault him for that then you gotta include KD, CP3, Westbrook, Aldridge, Lillard, Harden and a whole slew of other players out West who aint never win "nuttin"

• 3 months later...

what do you think about trading Al in a sign and trade to Sacramento for Rudy gay and Cauley Stein. Gay can create his own shot and finish .We don't need Cauley Stein for his offense his point contribution come from offensive rebounds and alley hoops. He can run the floor and protect the basket