• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think Orlando gives us both Oladipo and Gordon (that would be ideal)

How about Oladipo and Jason Smith (he is what I thought Moose would be) plus something else.  I haven't checked his rebounding numbers though.

That's a major drop off. Like major drop off. No. Gordon must be the piece or its a no. Hezonja would be ideal but he's someone that Orlando really could develop into a very good player. I just don't see them doing that.

14 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

The reason for oladipo making sense is he attacks the rim most of the time, is one of the best at gaurding the 3pt line and is willing to take contact, he led the league in charges and is very good at taking them, having a physical presence like that will open things up again and force teams not to play us the way they used  to - Dipo typicall gaurds the other teams best player  because of his lateral quickness, hes is good defender -  it basically lets us change things around and how we run our offense - while not as good as it was last year until it starts to gel, long term will be harder for teams to shut down.  

If he's undersized,  not good at spot ups, off the ball offense and he's defensively inconsistent in terms of team defense, how is he going to make us better. We are not going to start him over Korver even if he's better because Korver does a lot for our pairings,  Victor was benched because he's a poor pairing for most of Orlando's players. In Atlanta it is even more system based, he's gonna have to adjust his game like Hardaway did.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is he a SF or PF?

He's listed as a PF but I think he can be a tweener and play both due to his crazy athleticism. In ATL I think Bud could pull it off and play him at SF...he's not any slower than DMC but Im sure his defense isn't on that level either. That doesn't mean he can't get good though like Supe said his ceiling is high.

My question is can he impact this team right now? and Im afraid the answer is probably no but can he have impact sometime next year after spending time with Bud and Staff ? Very huge possibility.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

He's listed as a PF but I think he can be a tweener and play both due to his crazy athleticism. In ATL I think Bud could pull it off and play him at SF...he's not any slower than DMC but Im sure his defense isn't on that level either. That doesn't mean he can't get good though like Supe said his ceiling is high.

My question is can he impact this team right now? and Im afraid the answer is probably no but can he have impact sometime next year after spending time with Bud and Staff ? Very huge possibility.

It depends. He would need to get in and understand the system. Once he does, it's a strong possibility.  He's not Parker, his scoring isn't as much of a strength so he needs to understand the system more than on a basis level. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If he's undersized,  not good at spot ups, off the ball offense and he's defensively inconsistent in terms of team defense, how is he going to make us better. We are not going to start him over Korver even if he's better because Korver does a lot for our pairings,  Victor was benched because he's a poor pairing for most of Orlando's players. In Atlanta it is even more system based, he's gonna have to adjust his game like Hardaway did.

Yeah I agree but thats why this isn't a "Fix it now" type of trade. The man is 23 years old we atleast have to give Bud time to develop him and Gordon as well. But thats what I'm saying about dealing with Orlando period...IS Bud trying to win now or start completely over and have 3 rising players in Dennis, Oladipo, Gordon assuming he can pull that trade off? My gut is telling me that Bud is only going to go after players that can help him win now. He doesn't believe in  full rebuilding much like Pop in San Antonio.

If that is the case Bud need to figure out a way to get a legit star player to pair with either Horford or Millsap and from there the rebuild phase will be extremely short and may just be over 1 to 2 offseasons to completely get the roster in order but we can still be competitive while doing that.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah I agree but thats why this isn't a "Fix it now" type of trade. The man is 23 years old we atleast have to give Bud time to develop him and Gordon as well. But thats what I'm saying about dealing with Orlando period...IS Bud trying to win now or start completely over and have 3 rising players in Dennis, Oladipo, Gordon assuming he can pull that trade off? My gut is telling me that Bud is only going to go after players that can help him win now. He doesn't believe in  full rebuilding much like Pop in San Antonio.

If that is the case Bud need to figure out a way to get a legit star player to pair with either Horford or Millsap and from there the rebuild phase will be extremely short and may just be over 1 to 2 offseasons to completely get the roster in order but we can still be competitive while doing that.

Neither one of these guys will start asap.  Their not ready but Gordon has a better shot of starting than Oladipo. 

You cannot trade Sap or Horford for anything less than equal value or don't trade them at all. That's a star offensive player since that's what we lack.

Edited by NBASupes

@JTB gets it.  Millsap-for-Flake (I'll grow to love him as a Hawk).

Go huge or go home.  I don't wanna hear no more of these nibblin' deals with ORL for players who won't help us ascend as a team.

It depends. He would need to get in and understand the system. Once he does, it's a strong possibility.  He's not Parker, his scoring isn't as much of a strength so he needs to understand the system more than on a basis level. 

Agreed...I thin the dude can be extremely effective but he needs atleast a full summer with Bud and Staff. Unfortunately bud doesn't sound like he wants players that he has to help develop but rather ones that can come in and make impact right away. And its unfortunate because that narrows down the teams we actually able to trade with.

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I would think Fournier would be available.   He's a free agent this summer too right?

If we keep Teague and Horf I think we should figure a way to get Tyreke Evans.   He's available, only one more year on his contract and we could use some firepower in the playoffs.   I know he may not be a long term Hawk but we need scoring on the wing.  

@macdaddy

Nope - he's having season ending knee surgery - again.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@macdaddy

Nope - he's having season ending knee surgery - again.

Man, there's something in that NO water.  If I'm a player I avoid that place at all costs.  Have fun with that Mr. Davis.

Anybody think we can wrangle bLopez from BKN without giving up a core piece?  Understanding it wouldn't be a value-for-value deal.  They need picks in the worst way.

Oh and @JTB, the NBARadio hosts discussed Flake-to-ATL deals at length this morning (was odd to hear ATL talk but i digress).  Both (inlcuding Hawk-hater, Mitch Lawrence) thought a Al to LAC deal was a great idea for both teams.

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Man, there's something in that NO water.  If I'm a player I avoid that place at all costs.  Have fun with that Mr. Davis.

Anybody think we can wrangle bLopez from BKN without giving up a core piece?  Understanding it wouldn't be a value-for-value deal.  They need picks in the worst way.

I don't think drinking water in New Orleans is anyone's problem. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@JTB gets it.  Millsap-for-Flake (I'll grow to love him as a Hawk).

Go huge or go home.  I don't wanna hear no more of these nibblin' deals with ORL for players who won't help us ascend as a team.

I swear we gonna be sad when we realize just how disappointed we would be once we get Blake by trading Sap. Two way players who bust their asses aren't a dime a dozen. 

• Like 1

I swear we gonna be sad when we realize just how disappointed we would be once we get Blake by trading Sap. Two way players who bust their asses aren't a dime a dozen. 

I hear you, Supes but man somethings gotta give.  Al is untouchable, Sap is untouchable.   One of them has to go.  Teague isn't valuable enough to get a difference-maker.  Jeff deals are basically putting band-aids on AIDS.

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

yesssssssssss and thats why i said what i said.  

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you, Supes but man somethings gotta give.  Al is untouchable, Sap is untouchable.   One of them has to go.  Teague isn't valuable enough to get a difference-maker.  Jeff deals are basically putting band-aids on AIDS.

Getting two prospects who won't start asap but got legit potential for Jeff is good value. Sorry breh, but Utah not gonna trade us Hayward even if we offer picks.

Edited by NBASupes