• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Let's not act like we wouldn't want and expect the lethal one to be a Hawks homer if he ever got a writing job with the league or one of the major sports sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but they don't pay as well as the 'Squawk.

I had to cut his salary back due to the $10's in donations we have received SINCE OCT! [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Right!   The thing is Teague is already a allstar level player at PG and that is exactly what they need.  It doesnt matter what Parker or Giannis upside is.    If I were Hawks management if I could not get what I want for Teague he would not be traded, period.

That is probably the plan but the issue here with Teague is that we might have a better option in Dennis but because he is only a back-up, we don't know if he is the one or another contender like other PGs that this team has went through.  When you look at the Bucks, a point guard like Knight or Teague would give the league a lot of issues because they can created space and they can be a player in the playoff hunt not the Ben Simmons (God forbid, if they get him or Hudd).  That is why rebuild sucks because you have so many assets and cant properly use them correctly. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

That is probably the plan but the issue here with Teague is that we might have a better option in Dennis but because he is only a back-up, we don't know if he is the one or another contender like other PGs that this team has went through.  When you look at the Bucks, a point guard like Knight or Teague would give the league a lot of issues because they can created space and they can be a player in the playoff hunt not the Ben Simmons (God forbid, if they get him or Hudd).  That is why rebuild sucks because you have so many assets and cant properly use them correctly. 

I think Knight is a good PG,  scoring guard who is talented and aggressive who has great size and solid BBIQ. 

Teague is a very talented PG who does everything very well or well and doesn't have any critical weaknesses. You could talk about what he lacks to be elite but you can't say he has weaknesses that prevent him from his current level. 

They made the foolish Knight trade simply because they didn't want to pay him top dollar. It's been eating them up since. Yes, Knight is far from a real PG but starting PGs are hard as hell to land in the NBA. 

• Like 1

I dont know Im looking at all the scenarios if we sign Al we have no space to bring in the missing peace which everyone says is the small forward - we have no choice but to trade Jeff to try and get a guy.  If Al goes yea we blow the whole thing up - not sure how ppl like KW is saying its not a big deal to lose Al in free agency cuz then we have space, space to sign who though - the best player that will come here is already here.  

3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

I dont know Im looking at all the scenarios if we sign Al we have no space to bring in the missing peace which everyone says is the small forward - we have no choice but to trade Jeff to try and get a guy.  If Al goes yea we blow the whole thing up - not sure how ppl like KW is saying its not a big deal to lose Al in free agency cuz then we have space, space to sign who though - the best player that will come here is already here.  

@hylndr11

What is the salary cap projection expected to be next season?  Start there, do the math and come back.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What is the salary cap projection expected to be next season?  Start there, do the math and come back.

You've reached a new level of Salary Cap understanding: getting slightly annoyed and becoming snarky on the subject. Congrats!

8 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

You've reached a new level of Salary Cap understanding: getting slightly annoyed and becoming snarky on the subject. Congrats!

OeFd559.gif

But I do understand why it's hard for others....

f3c79791141598290e8ae1ddb8a05e14b7dcd0a0

The math isnt hard - site im looking at has us at 70 mil next year cap goes to 89.9 hopefullly etc, we give Horford his 20 or whatever its going to be thats going to suck it up, i know we can go over to sign him but how much can we spend on another player - what is your suggestion ?

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

The math isnt hard - site im looking at has us at 70 mil next year cap goes to 89.9 hopefullly etc, we give Horford his 20 or whatever its going to be thats going to suck it up, i know we can go over to sign him but how much can we spend on another player - what is your suggestion ?

The alternative is beyond bad. That's why resigning him is vital.

12 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Al's cap hold with be approx. $16 mil (I think). That's the amount you use to calculate available capspace.  So if you add that amount plus everyone else who is currently on the roster the cap total  number is at $78 mil. (Baze's cap hold is $2.6 mil).That leaves $11million in cap space  available from the $89 million.  That's if we do absolutely nothing else.

Options: 

1. Renounce Scott and Mack ($5.5 mil)

2. Release Slitter and use the stretch provision (so only $2mil of his 8 will count against the cap)

That leaves us with $22 million in capspace. (Or something like that). Baze can also be renounced to get an upgrade at SF in FAcy.

Free agent SFs I'm interested in: Nicolas Batum and Harrison Barnes (and yes they'll be getting max deals).

Here's the rub, if the Hawks elect to resign Al,  the new owners will have to be willing to exceed the cap.

My two cents.

Pssstt @JayBirdHawk his caphold is $18m right now but could be more if he hits incentives of All-NBA or Defense that he's never hit before. But everything else is awesome, I think. I haven't actually looked at the numbers in a while but the description is perfect of some options.

55 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Pssstt @JayBirdHawk his caphold is $18m right now but could be more if he hits incentives of All-NBA or Defense that he's never hit before. But everything else is awesome, I think. I haven't actually looked at the numbers in a while but the description is perfect of some options.

Ugh, realgm is killing me with this.  They are trying really hard to downplay the advantages of Bird rights in their quest to establish that Al's value is Vitaly Potapenko and a conditional 2nd by first stating that Al's caphold would be 30 mil.  I tried to avoid getting sucked in but had to ask where exactly this kind gentleman got that cap figure that it's certainly much higher than both Al's projected max and 150% of his previous salary.  The kind gentleman admitted his mistake........before retorting that I was wrong, it should be 190% of his previous salary...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Ugh, realgm is killing me with this.  They are trying really hard to downplay the advantages of Bird rights in their quest to establish that Al's value is Vitaly Potapenko and a conditional 2nd by first stating that Al's caphold would be 30 mil.  I tried to avoid getting sucked in but had to ask where exactly this kind gentleman got that cap figure that it's certainly much higher than both Al's projected max and 150% of his previous salary.  The kind gentleman admitted his mistake........before retorting that I was wrong, it should be 190% of his previous salary...

giphy.gif

Prevent cruelty to animals.

7 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

giphy.gif

When he's getting 2 rebounds in a game and being dominated in the clutch by guys like Vucevic his max should be 50% of his previous salary! 

• Like 3