• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

17 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

@hawksfanatic  I've been out-of-the-loop.  What's a reasonable expectation for Horford's first-year max salary?  How would a flat, five-year deal (at that first-year amount) compare to a max, four-year deal from another team?

With the $89m, it would start right around $25m (I backed it out once to be $25.125-ish under the current projections). So with 7.5% raises (or $1.875m each year), that ends up being about $145m:

1. $25m
  2. $26.875m
  3. $28.75m,
  4. $30.625m,
  5. $32.5m

The other teams would be limited to 4.5% raises ($1.125m) and 4 years gives them around $106.75m.

1. $25m
  2. $26.125m
  3. $27.25m
  4. $28.375m

So....yeah, the flat 5 year would be at $125m so still more than any other team can offer. I think we're seeing media negotiations to some degree because that's a substantial difference that can go to Al. Toss in incentives or partial guarantees and....yeah I think we're just going to see Al return but hey at least this drums up some excitement?

(I kinda wrote about this here: http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/11/27/8999413/atlanta-hawks-salary-cap-update )

Edit: I looked it up, and I backed out: $25,010,148.20 as the amount for the 30% max based on current projections of Salary Cap and Luxury Tax, but as I doubt we even get a Salary Cap of $89m. I think closer to $84m is more likely. And I've been pretty adamant about that because, well I took some time to figure out the calculations and look at a few historical values.

• Premium Member

...Just a sidebar opinion...

I so much prefer individual threads that speak to distinct topics to one massive one that tries to encompass all things trade-deadline-related. Maybe that's just me, though. 

Back to your regularly scheduled broadcast...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Why does someone have to go?  Why not add to the core with a strong rebounder off the bench to replace Splitter?

'Cause that takes us from getting swept in the ECF to maybe getting to game 5 in the ECF.  Better but not much better.

We need a tremendous talent infusion if we really want to be a contender.  Now can I have my coffee mug? :laugh:

Who knows what could happen really - the more I look at these teams, we just need our shots to drop, I dont know but CLE lacking depth and having starters to forced to play more minutes I see more injuries for them hitting the finals - we need our bench to step up.   Its def not worth tearing everything down unless u get the value.  

What about this one: 

Keep Horf and Sap, flip Jeff for someone like Crowder. Give Dennis the rest of this season to get used to they starter role and attack next year with Dennis as next year's MIP and best player of the team, so Sap and Horf can be the 2nd and 3rd best players.... ;-)

that was one of the first suggestions ............where u been :)  -  Im almost looking to see what this team does in the playoffs cuz they been so inconsistent and I feel have not played as hard as they could have, relying on the system too much, and I think CLE is getting exposed and showing there cards. 

29 minutes ago, sturt said:

I so much prefer individual threads that speak to distinct topics to one massive one that tries to encompass all things trade-deadline-related. Maybe that's just me, though. 

Mods, can we make this post its own separate thread?? It doesn't appear to be relevant to the discussion at hand.

/s

Yeah, I'm done with looking at this thread. It is now trash. But at least it's a bunch of trash in one place instead of spread out throughout a bunch of other threads that I might accidentally click on.

22 minutes ago, sturt said:

I don't think there's enough specific to each rumor that warrants creating a thread for each one.  It's probably easier to dump it all here, especially for those using mobile.  Just my $0.02.

As an example, Sekou Smith on NBARadio says based on all the smoke he feels Teague almost has to get traded at the deadline.  I don't buy that.  He also says, of all the teams that could/should be interested in Morris (PHX), he think Atlanta would be one of them.  IOW, Sekou's lost it.

Where would you have me put this eggspert commentary, sturt.  Where, I ask you!?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't think there's enough specific to each rumor that warrants creating a thread for each one.  It's probably easier to dump it all here, especially for those using mobile.  Just my $0.02.

As an example, Sekou Smith on NBARadio says based on all the smoke he feels Teague almost has to get traded at the deadline.  I don't buy that.  He also says, of all the teams that could/should be interested in Morris (PHX), he think Atlanta would be one of them.  IOW, Sekou's lost it.

Where would you have me put this eggspert commentary, sturt.  Where, I ask you!?

Heard that too and where I do agree with him is when he said "what they have in Atlanta just isn't working".

This isn't a rumor, but this thread is so convoluted, but this works in trade checker and seems to make some sense for both teams.....

Millsap, Bazemore, Splitter, and Teague for Howard, Lawson, Ariza, and Motiejunas

Why ATL does it: Fixes biggest need in rebounding and gives us more length on the wing.  Ariza is a big 3 and D guy.  Lawson gives you PG depth and he has played at a very high level before.  I believe his contract is not guaranteed next season.  Howard also gives you a post presence Atlanta doesn't currently have consistently, although Howard's moves in the post are not Olajuwonesque.  Motie is a 7 footer than can shoot the 3.  Tell me that doesn't fit Bud's system. 

Why HOU does it: They need something to change there.  Locker room is out of control and good character guys come in.  They automatically improve PG play (although Harden is most likely the problem there) and get a smaller replacement for Ariza in Bazemore.  

Schröder/Lawson/Mack
Korver/Hardaway/Holliday
Ariza/Sefalosha/Patterson
Horford/Scott/Muscala
Howard/Motiejunas/Tavares

Teague/Beverly/Terry
Harden/Thornton/McDaniels
Bazemore/Brewer/Dekker
Millsap/Jones/Harrell
Capela/Splitter/Smith

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Can't say I disagree.  The idea behind this one was that it would collect all the clickbait rumors. I see no reason why legitimate tweets/articles from proven NBA writers should have to get thrown in here...  That might be too subjective a distinction, though.

16 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

This isn't a rumor, but this thread is so convoluted, but this works in trade checker and seems to make some sense for both teams.....

Millsap, Bazemore, Splitter, and Teague for Howard, Lawson, Ariza, and Motiejunas

Why ATL does it: Fixes biggest need in rebounding and gives us more length on the wing.  Ariza is a big 3 and D guy.  Lawson gives you PG depth and he has played at a very high level before.  I believe his contract is not guaranteed next season.  Howard also gives you a post presence Atlanta doesn't currently have consistently, although Howard's moves in the post are not Olajuwonesque.  Motie is a 7 footer than can shoot the 3.  Tell me that doesn't fit Bud's system. 

Why HOU does it: They need something to change there.  Locker room is out of control and good character guys come in.  They automatically improve PG play (although Harden is most likely the problem there) and get a smaller replacement for Ariza in Bazemore.  

Schröder/Lawson/Mack
Korver/Hardaway/Holliday
Ariza/Sefalosha/Patterson
Horford/Scott/Muscala
Howard/Motiejunas/Tavares

Teague/Beverly/Terry
Harden/Thornton/McDaniels
Bazemore/Brewer/Dekker
Millsap/Jones/Harrell
Capela/Splitter/Smith

Why would Atlanta go into free agency with 2 free agents looking  for max deals that will take up 65% of  the cap (30%  for Al  35% for Howard).

Their capholds alone (18 and 28) will leave  us with  no capspace to do anything else. Plus Montie will also be a RFA so he'll  be looking to  get paid also.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawksfanatic said:

So....yeah, the flat 5 year would be at $125m so still more than any other team can offer. I think we're seeing media negotiations to some degree because that's a substantial difference that can go to Al. Toss in incentives or partial guarantees and....yeah I think we're just going to see Al return but hey at least this drums up some excitement?

(I kinda wrote about this here: http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/11/27/8999413/atlanta-hawks-salary-cap-update )

Thanks for the quick math.  I agree that we're seeing media negotiations (the quotes from Al have been quite "chummy").

11 hours ago, DUrce1 said:

I like that rumored 3 way trade with Hou and Mia if we can get Winslow. 2 things we are lacking is a rebounder and a SF. Howard will bring more rebounding than Horford and would be great on the pick and roll with Dennis. I would love to see Winslow with our coaching staff. I've liked what I've seen so far . He's a 5'7" 225lbs 19yo rookie and Kawhi Leonard is 5'7" 230lbs. Let's teach him to shoot and play defense in our system and who knows a couple years from now.

Next season...

Pg- Dennis, fa vet.    

Sg- bazemore, korver

Sf- Winslow, Sefolosha

Pf- Sap, Scott

C- Howard, Splitter

Top of SE and 60 wins last year isn't working?  Lunacy.   One bad half a season and we are dumpster fire?

LMAO at the Knicks still trying to offer baloney sandwiches for filet mignon around the league...............they want a point guard BAD..........lmao they aint getting teague.........  jose calderon for teague................lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor