• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So how will you feel.........

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I'm not as dialed in on getting a "star" here as I have been in recent years, so I won't have the same sense of frustration with standing still.  I'm used to it, so I'll be indifferent.    For the past decade, we have been stuck in this stasis and I don't expect much change.  I don't mind trying to keep a competitive team together.  My issue is the narrow minded focus on being competitive.  Yes, it keeps us from bottoming out...but it also limits our options.  

That being said, I don't know about Al...but I expect we'll be dealing one of our PGs.  

I love our bigs. I think Horford deserve the max and is worth every penny. I love what Jeff brings.

But... I would love to upgrade and get a SG of the future since Hardaway Jr ain't it and I would like to get a SF even just an average one. I would like to get a good SF but nobody trading that. I would love to find a DMC clone. This team is pretty good, not a contender like last year and not a title team either but we can win the SE again.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, High5 said:

A part of me would be relieved. I fully expect us to lose any trade we happen to make. I don't see a market out there that benefits us. 

Philly made a good offer for Jeff but it's future picks and prospects. No one that can help us now. It's like gonna be available in June anyway.

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

We don't need to necessarily trade any of our core but I will be disappointed if we don't at least get a rebounder for the bench

That's where I'm at. Like we need a SF, even an average one will do. Is Hardaway Jr really the future of SG. He pretty much as useful as Patterson. Holiday was a mistake.  Can we look at getting a high energy player off the bench who can rebound since Bazemore starts. Little things like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

If the Hawks make NO moves at the deadline?    

I wouldn't be surprised. They overvalue their players.

I just really hope they know something we don't on how keeping the roster the same is good enough to WIN the East.

1 minute ago, BigDog90 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. They overvalue their players.

I just really hope they know something we don't on how keeping the roster the same is good enough to WIN the East.

If they undervalued them, it would be far worse. You see how they undervalued the 15th pick

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

NBASupes  is correct.  I know.  We all want a super star or two to come here.  We would like

for the Hawks to sign them as free agents so that we loose none of our current players.

That is so unreasonable that it's funny.  Go ahead.  Giggle!

What is possible and reasonable is that the Hawks trade from strength.  We have at least three

point guards.  All have reasonable contracts.  We have a small forward and two guard that

some want replaced.  Move Korver to the bench.  Replace our current SF with the new player

who will be better, we hope. 

There's many moves that Atlanta can make.  The real question:  Will these moves really improve

our team?

Also, do we want to improve for right now or the future?  Some have suggested trading for Blake Griffin

who is out with injuries and will probably not play again this season.  Then, he becomes a free agent

and walks back to LA.  Boy!  That sounds like a real deal to me!  How about you?

Grammar school kid waves his arm.  I know!  I know!  I have the answer you want.

Cleveland, we read, wants Korver.  Hawks are talking about trading Teague and Horford.

Hawks trade Horford, Korver and Teague to the Cavs.  Atlanta gets only one player

in return.  King James.

:applause:

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Why? No argument, just asking.

He is holding Dennis back and we could potentially fix another problem with the team by trading him. I'm not saying we trade him just to trade him but if there's something out there that works we should do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He is holding Dennis back and we could potentially fix another problem with the team by trading him. I'm not saying we trade him just to trade him but if there's something out there that works we should do it.

Value, value and value. This offseason, the same offers are gonna be on the table with maybe more that aren't willing thus far. Teague is fine for now. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I will feel like things went just as I expected.  I expect that management wouldn't make a bozo move  (so I wouldn't feel relieved) and I would be disappointed that we couldn't take advantage of some other team's need / desperation.  Some team or teams are going to get abused at the deadline and I'd love to see us doing the abusing but I don't expect us to do anything .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I will feel like things went just as I expected.  I expect that management wouldn't make a bozo move  (so I wouldn't feel relieved) and I would be disappointed that we couldn't take advantage of some other team's need / desperation.  Some team or teams are going to get abused at the deadline and I'd love to see us doing the abusing but I don't expect us to do anything .

Agreed. I really think they should make a small move for wings. Maybe a minor big move for talent and wings. But their main assets need to stay for now.