• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what is the excuse tonite?

Vol4ever

14 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

We will see this summer, If Al gets the max or they decide to  let him walk,  i still dont think Hawks will give  that max money to Hordford easily

On a side note, do you realize the Heat only dressed 9 players friday when they beat the Hawks? Unexcusable lost, and the Hawks wanna max Horford? The Heat was without its TOP 3 players.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Something is seriously wrong with this team. Losing to depleted and bad teams AT HOME. 

The wheels have fallen off and I'm not sure why. I don't mean to be all doom and gloom about it, but these guys are moonwalking down to the 8th seed which equals an automatic 1st Round exit.

• Like 2

Reason: lost team spirit!

last year everybody knew his role and they played as a team, no pressure on single players they did it together.
This year the expectations are higher and there are minor issues for everybody on the team.

That may have destroyed the team spirit.

Last year's players, still on the team:

Al - contract year, doesn't want to get hurt
Sap - he is the best payed player now, he may feel the pressure to be the alpha dog
Baze - I'm a starter now! + contract year
Korver - two off season surgeries, still not in last year's shape
Jeff - trade talk and pressure from behind
Dennis - wants to develop further, will he get his chance here? + opponents are now planning for him
Thabo - has to come back from that injury after the NYPD incident, such an incident could cause a mental problem too
Scott - drug incident + contract year (TO)
Muscala - contract year (TO)

Bud - maybe it's not good for a young coach who should develop himself to get told he is the best coach in the NBA???

So in some way there is pressure for everybody now!

Edited by rd79

59 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Reason: lost team spirit!

last year everybody knew his role and they played as a team, no pressure on single players they did it together.
This year the expectations are higher and there are minor issues for everybody on the team.

That may have destroyed the team spirit.

Last year's players, still on the team:

Al - contract year, doesn't want to get hurt
Sap - he is the best payed player now, he may feel the pressure to be the alpha dog
Baze - I'm a starter now! + contract year
Korver - two off season surgeries, still not in last year's shape
Jeff - trade talk and pressure from behind
Dennis - wants to develop further, will he get his chance here? + opponents are now planning for him
Thabo - has to come back from that injury after the NYPD incident, such an incident could cause a mental problem too
Scott - drug incident + contract year (TO)
Muscala - contract year (TO)

Bud - maybe it's not good for a young coach who should develop himself to get told he is the best coach in the NBA???

So in some way there is pressure for everybody now!

Its only THREE LEGITIMATE starters in that bunch you just named. Im not sold on Dennis. He was suppose to be the new Rajon Rondo, but im not seeing it yet.  Dude has ZERO mid range game. ZERO.  How you gonna be a point guard and dont have a MID RANGE game. Its layups or bust with Dennis. The rest are rotational players.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators

Yeah.  To me it's not out of the blue.   I was optimistic at the start of the season because i thought Thabo would slide in for Demarre, and Hardaway and Splitter would be good backups.   Well none of that materialized.   I was still optimistic when we had the trade deadline to get a backup center and a vet wing with a little game.   That didn't happen either.   So I'm pretty demoralized and frankly i think this weekend showed a team that realizes they aren't contenders anymore.  

No matter what you think about whether we could or couldn't have done anything better, we don't have a backup center at all right now, our backup PFs (Scott and Moose) are very weak defenders, Baze has proven to be very inconsistent and isn't a defensive presence at the most important defensive position, Kyle has been way off his offensive production all season and our backup 2 options aren't producing much of anything.   

I just don't think any of those issues are in dispute or surprising.   These were all strong possibilities when the season started and I feel like we've done nothing to address any of these issues.   The reality is I think Bud and Co. know the deal for this season and are planning for next.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its only THREE LEGITIMATE starters in that bunch you just named. Im not sold on Dennis. He was suppose to be the new Rajon Rondo, but im not seeing it yet.  Dude has ZERO mid range game. ZERO.  How you gonna be a point guard and dont have a MID RANGE game. Its layups or bust with Dennis. The rest are rotational players.

He has more of a midrange game than...Rondo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He has more of a midrange game than...Rondo.

I just reviewed approximately 100 shots of 2015 HIGHLIGHTS of Dennis, and he took THREE shots in the area between the 3 point line and the paint. THREE, and of those three, he WANTED to take 3 point shots on two of them, but adjusted his feet to shoot the two pointer just inside the 3 point line.  The dude has ZERO midrange. 

23 PERCENT of dennis's shot short have come in the midrange this season.  118 out of 495 shots. the dude doesnt have a midrange game. 80 percent of his shots are either layups or that ugly set shot 3 pointer he has:

http://vorped.com/1-nba/2015-2016/player/1543/dennis-Schröder/shotchart/

Edited by Hawkmoor

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

The wheels have fallen off and I'm not sure why. I don't mean to be all doom and gloom about it, but these guys are moonwalking down to the 8th seed which equals an automatic 1st Round exit.

They'd be better off just not making the playoffs. 

59 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I just reviewed approximately 100 shots of 2015 HIGHLIGHTS of Dennis, and he took THREE shots in the area between the 3 point line and the paint. THREE, and of those three, he WANTED to take 3 point shots on two of them, but adjusted his feet to shoot the two pointer just inside the 3 point line.  The dude has ZERO midrange. 

23 PERCENT of dennis's shot short have come in the midrange this season.  118 out of 495 shots. the dude doesnt have a midrange game. 80 percent of his shots are either layups or that ugly set shot 3 pointer he has:

http://vorped.com/1-nba/2015-2016/player/1543/dennis-Schröder/shotchart/

23 = ZERO you aren't a math genius, are you?

You use a single number to evaluate a player? If it would be PER of PIE I would say okay, but percentage of mid range shots? Guess what, only 13% of Curry's shots come from that range. He must be a bum... LOL

• Like 1

• Moderators

First, midrange 2pt jumpers are the worst shot in the game.

Second, Dennis actually shot a higher % of these in prior seasons.  This year he is shooting a career low:

Yr 1 - 46.8% of his shots were between layups (0-3 feet from the rim) and 3pters. 

Yr 2- 39.7% of his shots were between layups (0-3 feet from the rim) and 3pters. 

Yr 3 - 29.5% of his shots were between layups (0-3 feet from the rim) and 3pters. 

Do you think there is possibly a connection between the effectiveness of a shot type and the instruction he is getting from coaches?  Most coaches want to see a maximum number of 3s and layups from their teams because those shots are generally the most effective and efficient way to score.

Three, you realize his effectiveness shooting midrange jumpers has dramatically improved, right?

Yr 1 - 33% FG%

Yr 2- 35.6% FG%

Yr 3 - 42.5% FG%

Fourth, here is how well Rondo v Schröder looks on the midrange jumpers for 2015-16:

Rondo 34.6% FG%   v  Schröder 42.5% FG%

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

First, midrange 2pt jumpers are the worst shot in the game.

Second, Dennis actually shot a higher % of these in prior seasons.  This year he is shooting a career low:

Yr 1 - 46.8% of his shots were between layups (0-3 feet from the rim) and 3pters. 

Yr 2- 39.7% of his shots were between layups (0-3 feet from the rim) and 3pters. 

Yr 3 - 29.5% of his shots were between layups (0-3 feet from the rim) and 3pters. 

Do you think there is possibly a connection between the effectiveness of a shot type and the instruction he is getting from coaches?  Most coaches want to see a maximum number of 3s and layups from their teams because those shots are generally the most effective and efficient way to score.

Three, you realize his effectiveness shooting midrange jumpers has dramatically improved, right?

Yr 1 - 33% FG%

Yr 2- 35.6% FG%

Yr 3 - 42.5% FG%

Fourth, here is how well Rondo v Schröder looks on the midrange jumpers for 2015-16:

Rondo 34.6% FG%   v  Schröder 42.5% FG%

Good breakdown.   Not gonna argue that.