• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis - What happened?

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Lurker said:

Bingo, most of us want one of the PGs moved for talent to upgrade the wings, not just for nothing. Because it's pretty clear this team isn't winning anything as is, so do you stick with the team as is and be happy with the team being essentially the Memphis of the East, or do you gamble and try to upgrade in talent?

This is the problem.  Wings are a dime a dozen.  A good PG is much harder to find.   We have 2 good PGs... there's no reason to go out and trade either of them for a dime a dozen wing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is the problem.  Wings are a dime a dozen.  A good PG is much harder to find.   We have 2 good PGs... there's no reason to go out and trade either of them for a dime a dozen wing.

We have one excellent PG and one with great potential. Average wings are a dime a dozen. They are all over the NBA aren't worth much in the trade block. 

Honestly, we need to get a decent SF and a top 7 pick at worst for Teague or Dennis in a draft like this one if we were to trade one and it has to be the right player at 7th as well. 

Colangelo was on the radio talking about Saric is vital to Philly's future and is a 4. He also talked about how Noel and Okafor didn't fit well next to each other. I hope we could get Noel. He would amazing things for us.

Edited by NBASupes

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Our team alone is littered with dime a dozen average wings.  We don't need to collect anymore.

What we need is a quality wing in any trade.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like who?

Batum is a good offseason target.  Durant is the offseason dream.  Others are real question marks like Barnes.

In terms of trade targets, there is a good list of guys you'd love to see added to this team starting with Kawhi Leonard and running through guys like Butler, George, Klay who would be no-brainers to others who would be much more questionable gambles (Gallinari, Hood, Porter, Parker, Gordon, etc.).

Tough to speculate not knowing who is available and at what price.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Batum is a good offseason target.  Durant is the offseason dream.  Others are real question marks like Barnes.

In terms of trade targets, there is a good list of guys you'd love to see added to this team starting with Kawhi Leonard and running through guys like Butler, George, Klay who would be no-brainers to others who would be much more questionable gambles (Gallinari, Hood, Porter, Parker, Gordon, etc.).

Tough to speculate not knowing who is available and at what price.

Would only trade Teague for Leonard, Thompson and obviously Durant.  The rest won't improve out team much if Teague is traded.

Would only trade Teague for Leonard, Thompson and obviously Durant.  The rest won't improve out team much if Teague is traded.

I'd trade Teague for any of those second-tier wings. Having Teague and Schröder on the roster is nice, however we don't have a starting caliber SF on the roster right now. And we might not have a starting SG either if Bazemore leaves for nothing.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I'd trade Teague for any of those second-tier wings. Having Teague and Schröder on the roster is nice, however we don't have a starting caliber SF on the roster right now. And we might not have a starting SG either if Bazemore leaves for nothing.

Then you have to be biased against Teague or you don't understand Bud's system.  This team would not score well without Teague.

Then you have to be biased against Teague or you don't understand Bud's system.  This team would not score well without Teague.

Teague is replaceable in this system. He's not holding the team back, but he's not gonna push us forward either. I keep waiting for that to happen in the playoffs, but he's not that caliber of player. If we want to win with no superstar-level talent I think our best bet is to flip Teague and say Splitter for a quality wing. Cause right now, I only see us getting past Cleveland if Lebron has a bad series.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Teague is replaceable in this system. He's not holding the team back, but he's not gonna push us forward either. I keep waiting for that to happen in the playoffs, but he's not that caliber of player. If we want to win with no superstar-level talent I think our best bet is to flip Teague and say Splitter for a quality wing. Cause right now, I only see us getting past Cleveland if Lebron has a bad series.

For Gallinari, Hood, Porter, Parker or Gordon??? or Even Butler?  I'll just have to respectfully disagree.

For Gallinari, Hood, Porter, Parker or Gordon??? or Even Butler?  I'll just have to respectfully disagree.

Maybe not Porter, or even Hood. But you wouldn't take Jimmy Butler over Teague? The Bulls wouldn't even consider the trade, the value isn't there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Maybe not Porter, or even Hood. But you wouldn't take Jimmy Butler over Teague? The Bulls wouldn't even consider the trade, the value isn't there.

What have the Bulls won with Butler???  You talk about the Hawks going no where in the playoffs with Teague...What has Butler's teams done in the playoffs???  And what seed are they fighting for this year???

What has the Bulls won with Butlers???  You talk about the Hawks going no where in the playoffs with Teague...What has Butler's teams done in the playoffs???  And what seed are they fighting for this year???

I never said we were hopeless, just that we're on the outside looking in at a championship. And that's the goal right, to win the damn thing.

You're right, Butler hasn't lead the Bulls to anything. You could even make a case he's been a part of Chicago's struggles this season. But I still think he's a better player than Teague.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

I never said we were hopeless, just that we're on the outside looking in at a championship. And that's the goal right, to win the damn thing.

You're right, Butler hasn't lead the Bulls to anything. You could even make a case he's been a part of Chicago's struggles this season. But I still think he's a better player than Teague.

If the team can't even get to the freaking playoffs then he can't be that good!  Didn't the hawks sweep them this year?

I agree, Teague needs to prove it in the playoffs consistently this year and actually lead this team to a couple more wins over the top 2 seeds that are in the East this year before we can all agree that he's a cornerstone and a guy you keep to build around. He's in all likelihood going to get a chance to, because with Bazemore's inconsistency and how bad Korver has been at times, Teague and Millsap are likely going to have to be taking 18-20 shots a night at least starting this weekend.

So can he do it? All I wish for, since this team has no chance at a championship, is at least to get to the second round and make it competitive. If it's as ugly as previous second round series have been at times in the 00's, then serious changes will have to be made.

If the team can't even get to the freaking playoffs then he can't be that good!  Didn't the hawks sweep them this year?

One player does not make a team. Do you seriously think that replacing Butler with Teague on that team gets them in the playoffs? What's Teague doing for us that's so special? I'm not claiming Butler or any one else we could trade for will be our savior, I'm just saying that we need a quality SF and potentially SG and the best way to do it might be to trade Teague.