• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Credit is Due

Trout7

38 minutes played and ZERO freethrows battling in the paint all night long. This is how the refs treat our 3x Allstar.  This is the 2nd time in as many games where Paul gets beat up and not one freethrow. 

They ignored IT grabbing Paul's leg preventing him from getting a lose ball, smh. (Same thing Dennis got tagged with)

Has a player ever played 38 minutes, scored 31 points WITHOUT the help of a ref with ZERO free throw ATTEMPT?  That's just appalling.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

38 minutes played and ZERO freethrows battling in the paint all night long. This is how the refs treat our 3x Allstar.  This is the 2nd time in as many games where Paul gets beat up and not one freethrow. 

They ignored IT grabbing Paul's leg preventing him from getting a lose ball, smh. (Same thing Dennis got tagged with)

Has a player ever played 38 minutes, scored 31 points WITHOUT the help of a ref with ZERO free throw ATTEMPT?  That's just appalling.

Amen! Completely ridiculous!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Trout7 said:

I think everyone should probably start giving the Hawks a lot of respect and leadway for having to put up with the prejudice on them by NBA refs.  We have to outwork other teams because of it.  The refs are what will ultimately be our final downfall in the playoffs.  That is okay with me because i know in my heart we could compete with anyone in a fairly called game.  They are retaliating against Bud because he makes them look bad by calling them out so much.  It is worth it to have a coach that actually exposes how pathetic the refs really are.  Bob said it best last night when he said he did not know of another star player of the magnitude of Paul Millsap in the NBA that gets a total lack of respect from the refs like he does. Paul really stuck it to their sorry asses last night.  I have said my peace now.

Yes.

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

YES!  Was gonna be my response.  'Sap scored 31 points and grabbed 16 boards with 5 blocks against the Celts....without a single free throw!!!  I'd like to know the last time a player on any NBA team managed to score 30+ w/o a free throw.  To do that with the statline he put beside it is ridiculous.  

And. the refs are bailing out lil Isaiah now when he initiates contact in the paint...?  On the road?  When the F did he become a superstar?  

I  am one of the least conspiratorial people you will meet, but I swear that game versus the Celts nay have been fixed...and despite the atrocious reffing, we overcame them and beat them down late.  Loved it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Yes.

YES!  Was gonna be my response.  'Sap scored 31 points and grabbed 16 boards with 5 blocks against the Celts....without a single free throw!!!  I'd like to know the last time a player on any NBA team managed to score 30+ w/o a free throw.  To do that with the statline he put beside it is ridiculous.  

And. the refs are bailing out lil Isaiah now when he initiates contact in the paint...?  On the road?  When the F did he become a superstar?  

I  am one of the least conspiratorial people you will meet, but I swear that game versus the Celts nay have been fixed...and despite the atrocious reffing, we overcame them and beat them down late.  Loved it.

How about this for conspiracy. Now that the Hawks has been sold at a higher price due to the historic season, and add in the fact that Bud got "physical" with a ref with no consequence I can tell you with all confidence that's it's going to be a tough road back to the ECF. In the association you need one of three things to be "NBA darlings". Marketable Superstar players or a Marketable city and lastly a championship pedigree. Now, to Hawks fans we thought we had at least one of the first two....looks like the NBA thinks otherwise. 31 pts without a single free throw is insane. 

• Like 1

The league fined Iverson $25,000 for his comments, but most of the league referees thought the punishment was too lenient and were upset he wasn't suspended. As a result, we collectively decided to dispense a little justice of our own, sticking it to Iverson whenever we could.

This is interesting, we know he refs were not pleased with Bud's punishment.  So they are sticking it to Bud.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is interesting, we know he refs were not pleased with Bud's punishment.  So they are sticking it to Bud.

I've seen a couple of people reference this or the refs "retaliating" against Bud for "calling them out".  Anyone care to provide backstory?

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

The Cleveland series last year was a debacle also, and that was pre Bud incident. A fallacy that often gets cited when a team that gets blown out complains about calls is that "hey, what are you complaining about? the game wasn't even close, what difference would those calls make". Truth is when a team comes out and gets all the calls early it can change the fate of the basketball game completely. Close games can become blowouts, and it happens all the time.  The Hawks have always been on the short end of calls since I've been watching the league and last year's playoffs featured some of the most ridiculously poor, lobsided reffing I've ever witnessed. Washington series shouldn't have even been close if Wizards weren't getting away with insane moving screens on virtually every posession. (the nerve this year when Washington commentators were complaining about Horford and saying that no one gets away with more moving screens than him was beyond embarassing.)

Anyway, I expect nothing different his year. 

What was the Bud incident?   Someone help me on this, plz.

You are right on about close games becoming blowouts due to EARLY reffing, too.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

I've seen a couple of people reference this or the refs "retaliating" against Bud for "calling them out".  Anyone care to provide backstory?

What was the Bud incident?   Someone help me on this, plz.

You are right on about close games becoming blowouts due to EARLY reffing, too.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/11/23/atlanta-hawks-mike-budenholzer-fined-bumping-referee

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/referees--union-rips-nba-for-not-suspending-hawks-coach-mike-budenholzer-224059956.html;_ylt=AwrBT9a8GAxXdm4A0bJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyM2wzN2Q1BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjE3NjNfMQRzZWMDc3I-

• Like 1

This is the number one reason I'm losing interest in the NBA. In sick of watching manufactured stars that half of the scoring average is due to free throws. Looking at you James Hardin and Derozan. The irony is they don't get the calls in the playoffs, because they're facing bigger stars. Lebron never fouls  either :(.

• Like 1