• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whats your true feelings about this years playoffs for our Hawks?

JTB

I really think this will be a fun series to watch.  Last year I was always nervous that with the 60 wins we would fail in the early rounds...this year I'm just going to enjoy the basketball games.

My concerns:  Guard play.  Looking at stats we should be OK or even better than them...but I.T. is a serious problem.

My comfort;  Celtics don't have any dominating big guys to destroy our smaller lineup.

My prediction:  Hawks in 7 and Milsap saves our asses.....(oops, is it a best of 5 or a best of 7 in the 1st round?...hell, I can't keep track of this stuff)

GO HAWKS !!

You are right @Lurker.  I did say four or five games for the Celtics.  It's a real possibility if they weren't missing two players.  As it stands now I am sticking to my initial prediction with a small revision.  Celtics in four or five games after the Hawks go up 2-0.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

You are right @Lurker.  I did say four or five games for the Celtics.  It's a real possibility if they weren't missing two players.  As it stands now I am sticking to my initial prediction with a small revision.  Celtics in four or five games after the Hawks go up 2-0.

Hell, Boston nearly won game 1.

The Hawks are just failures. I can't believe that management is going to max out two players that can't even outplay Jerebko and Amir Johnson.

Oh yes I can... This is the Hawks we're talking about. Always settle for mediocrity. That's where a Millsap and a Horford leads you.

Honestly, Josh Smith has probably made more big shots as a Hawk than Millsap has. I'd trust Josh taking the last shot over Millsap.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

I agree the Hawks since they can't sign any superstar free agents or draft them will be satisfied with what they have. Sap and Horford shouldn't be getting max contracts but if they went else where Hawks management is scared the team will be one of the worst in the NBA thus profits for the year will be bad and the owners will take a hit in the pocket book. Wish we had owners that knew how to recruit and find ways to get a superstar or 2 here that way the hawks would win more in the playoffs and generate more profits for the owners creating a win win for the fans and the owner(s). Nope instead Hawks will just be good enough to make the playoffs like we have the last 7-8 years and get bounced rounds 1 or 2. Last year was more an aberration than anything. Sorry to say that but the teams the Hawks beat to get to the ECF were not that good.

Based on what I have seen so far I don't like how the Hawks are assembled. If you want to play basketball with the big boys (Golden State,Cleveland,San Antonio) you need better shooters from the outside, able to rebound and a go to player or 2 when it counts. Teague is a good player but he isn't clutch when it counts and he is the best the Hawks have. Neither is Sap or Horford clutch and they'll be making the max. The Hawks just are not built right to compete vs the best teams in the NBA.

• Like 1