• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scott Foster and Tony Brothers are the officials tonight

Lurker

2 hours ago, Dejay said:

They're trying to get the Celts back in this series. REALLY trying...

Yup...it's us against BSPN, the refs, the league, all of the east coast specially Bastan, Peter Griffin the family guy...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BRING ITTTTTTT!!!! Ok, it got away from me a bit..:-|

• Premium Member

In case I hadn't made it clear... I despise... despiiiiiiiiiiiise when these games become rugby games. Horford got racked on the drive in the last few minutes... Teague got flailed on that last 3 pointer... it's just so inconsistent. i don't know why the NBA seems to think it's okay to call games different in the playoffs. I really don't.

Welcome to being an ATL fan. Wooo! A lot of people in the Navy are LeBron fans.. not NBA fans. I' am consider a hater because I talk shit about Lebron  and how the NBA is more like a business rather than a legit league. I think I may be the only ATL Hawks fan on the ship. My friend who I went to the bar with tonight was really impressed with Teague and Schröder.  Seems like every time I was paying attention to the game, we would make a 3 and they would match us or vice versa.  

Anyways, I think that will be the only game they win. Lets go Hawks! Let's win out! 

• Premium Member

All good, but it's not limited to just us and our games. "Playoff basketball" is a term that is common basketball fan vernacular. We talk a lot about it, of course, not having a superstar for whom one expects some special treatment, but the larger point is that it is so well-understood that refs call the game differently in the playoffs than the rest of the year, and the NBA seems to have no response to that. It pisses me off more when we lose, but it's not just sour grapes--I bring it up after we win sometimes, too (as I just did following our last win in this thread). It's wrong. No other professional sport does that. Nor should they. It ceases to be entertainment.