• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks post largest drop in local tv ratings this season.

Hawkmoor

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't know where this KD to Atlanta meme got going on this site but I wish I could go back in time and pimp slap it until it died a quiet death in an alley of forgotten pipe dreams.

Yeah this is reminding me of when Dwight Howard was in his prime and all that jazz....

Can we stop bringing this up unless it becomes a reality which is probably doubtful.

• Like 1

The article is being intentionally obtuse.  19 game win streak and 60 wins had all the fringe basketball fans crawling from the wood work.

Slow start this season without a long win streak and they are still stuck in the wood peeping out.

That's just Atlanta.  

I went to more games this season because I got cheaper tickets.  Last season during the streak and beyond tickets prices kept going up because the fringe fans wanted in.

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I went to more games this season because I got cheaper tickets.  Last season during the streak and beyond tickets prices kept going up because the fringe fans wanted in.

Don't worry @JayBirdHawk the fringe will be back to watch Bron Bron next round in full out  Cavs attire like they're  from the mistake by the lake. Then they'll drive home to Decatur. The worse part is the nose bleed seats will be about 100 bucks. 

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jody23 said:

The Hawks have never convinced the masses that they want to be great.  The fans will support the effort to be great.  The Hawks choose to just be competitive which is another way of saying mediocre.

I knew the 60 win season wouldn't be enough to win people over.

Obviously no team can guarantee a title. However, if people don't feel that the franchise has championship ambitions, they will not come out.  What was once again proven last year is that you still need a star to win the title. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

There is a reason that the fans here have been the butt of jokes from announcers over the years ... it often feels like an away game for the home team  ... It is embarrassing ... you blame the organization but the fans don't come out to support the Hawks ... We have to get a Durant to get them to come and that does not mean they are going to come here ... that is the problem here ... ... People complained when they lost the NHL team ... well unless you come to watch/support the product ... how can it stay?   The fans here only support championship caliber teams ...  there is no inbetween.  Same thing happened to the Braves ... look at other teams where the fans come whether you win or lose.  That is just not here

That's because those fans are stupid.

Who wants to waste money on a treadmill team?

7 hours ago, Jody23 said:

The Hawks have never convinced the masses that they want to be great.  The fans will support the effort to be great.  The Hawks choose to just be competitive which is another way of saying mediocre.

Pretty much it.  Thats why the locals cheer for the away team when superstars come to town.  The Hawks NEVER replace Dominique Wilkins.

4 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Oh look casual fans demanding a top 5 player and blaming the front office for not picking one off a tree. Some people just don't understand the logistics of nba free agency.

Oh, look. Some of these " casual " fans been waiting since the 1970s for the front office to get it right...............lmao

Hawks management just want to churn a profit they could care less about superstars and winning championships. Superstars don't grow on trees but if you don't draft them it's still to get one through free agency only IF management sells the star on the Hawks. I haven't seen that effort by past Hawk owners so the jury is still out for this current recent new owner. Will see how much he wants to win by the moves made in the off season.  

4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Oh, look. Some of these " casual " fans been waiting since the 1970s for the front office to get it right...............lmao

Stating this DIRECTLY AFTER stating they "never replaced Dominique" is why you are just pitiful at this sports/internet thing.

Go back to Applebee's and repeat all your local sports talk takes to your work buddies over some Jalapeno poppers. Because this is hack at best.

7 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

That's because those fans are stupid.

Who wants to waste money on a treadmill team?

I guess I'm  stupid and waste my money.

I like it.