• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We have what we need to solve the wing problem.

AmishBoy

We can solve our wing problem by parting with either Teague or Dennis.

I'm thinking Jeff/Dennis and Tiago, this years first and second round pick and Minnesota's conditional pick for Rudy Gay and Sacramento's 8th pick with fingers crossed for Buddy Hield.

17 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Sorry but I don't want a player named buddy hield on this team

Hield is legit, he's not going to be a star but he's a JJ Redick type player after a season or two and that's better than Kyle Korver.

Having said that, this proposal is dumb. Who plays PG if you're trading both of the PGs on this team? One of the PGs has to go but not both of them.

Edited by Lurker

18 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Sorry but I don't want a player named buddy hield on this team

How about Chavano Hield?

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hield is legit, he's not going to be a star but he's a JJ Redick type player and that's better than Kyle Korver.

Having said that, this proposal is dumb. Who plays PG if you're trading both of the PGs on this team? One of the PGs has to go but not both of them.

It's called a slash.  It means either/or.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

For me it doesn't. My interpretation is you're talking about both of them.

:huh:  / means either or - no interpretation needed.

3 hours ago, AmishBoy said:

We can solve our wing problem by parting with either Teague or Dennis.

I'm thinking Jeff/Dennis and Tiago, this years first and second round pick and Minnesota's conditional pick for Rudy Gay and Sacramento's 8th pick with fingers crossed for Buddy Hield.

That's too much for an unproven talent. No reason why SAC would take on Splitter when they have Koufos and Cousins.  I wouldn't want Gay either. The ball sticks with him.

You don't think Hardaway can be that guy?

10 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

That's too much for an unproven talent. No reason why SAC would take on Splitter when they have Koufos and Cousins.  I wouldn't want Gay either. The ball sticks with him.

You don't think Hardaway can be that guy?

It's really teague or dennis for Gay.  They can cut Splitter but Teague and Splitter make 8 mil and Gay makes 13 mil.

I think two first round picks in the late teens and early twenties plus and second may not be enough for a mid-lottery pick truthfully.

This first game against Cleveland when we came back seemed to me more like Cleveland simply took it's foot off the pedal.  If that's true another Demarre/Bazemore/Hardaway type talent at the wing won't cut it.  I think a major upgrade in talent at the wing will be necessary.

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:huh:  / means either or - no interpretation needed.

In message board-ese, the "/" usually separates the players being included in the package?  I was confused by it at first too ... or maybe you're just picking a fight again? :cool:

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In message board-ese, the "/" usually separates the players being included in the package?  I was confused by it at first too ... or maybe you're just picking a fight again? :cool:

@kg01No use a comma.  Teague, Schröder and Splitter is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than Teague/Schröder and Splitter.

This is a fight you will 'loss'...maybe we need a 'pole'

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01No use a comma.  Teague, Schröder and Splitter is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than Teague/Schröder and Splitter.

This is a fight you will 'loss'...maybe we need a 'pole'

Whatever dude, it's not me you have secret beef with.

I think a slash is generally used for an either or scenario. 

At least on earth anyway.

Just now, Alex said:

I think a slash is generally used for an either or scenario. 

At least on earth anyway.

Obviously that's what a "/" is for, however, grammatical rules are stretched in this format.  You know that.