• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting tweet from Jason Walker

AmishBoy

I don't know how close he is to the organization, but I think this ties into the whole Barkely and Millsap thing after Game 2.  We get offended when the other teams does whatever it takes to win.  One thing that bothers me is that we never mention title like other teams, even teams who have no shot.  If this attitude is top down, it needs to change. 

• Like 3

Their right. This isn't an urgent season unlike what the fanbase thinks. 

They are going to resign Al and look at moves in the offseason. The minute we lost Carroll. The season was over. On to next year. Get a #1 option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Their right. This isn't an urgent season unlike what the fanbase thinks. 

They are going to resign Al and look at moves in the offseason. The minute we lost Carroll. The season was over. On to next year. Get a #1 option.

I get the trying to mimic the Spurs but they are taking it too far.  The Spurs do whatever it takes to win.  They may have tanked to get Duncan.  There is an article on ESPN about how they readily dumped Thiago to get Aldridge and how they are trying to figure out how to get into the Durant sweepstakes for god's sake.

So if we're going off that tweet, am I wasting time and money supporting this team?

Because we could have done something this season. Carroll is a very replaceable player so I don't see why we would give up just because he's gone. If we really needed a SF to feel competitive I'm sure a deal could have been made. It might have cost us picks and not have been in our favor, but it wouldn't have been impossible.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The minute we lost Carroll. The season was over.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No. Your other boy Carroll would have helped this team to a 3rd seed and playing the Heat in the first round at 54-28 in the hypothetical game he stays healthy, which may be a win and Toronto may be as well with their stars being lost, but another embarrassing loss in the ECF and no changes made.

It's GOOD that Carroll left, because it's going to force significant player movement with this series loss.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, AmishBoy said:

I don't know how close he is to the organization, but I think this ties into the whole Barkely and Millsap thing after Game 2.  We get offended when the other teams does whatever it takes to win.  One thing that bothers me is that we never mention title like other teams, even teams who have no shot.  If this attitude is top down, it needs to change. 

No surprise, I said it to start the season when they were up and down. They played like 60 wins and ECF entitled them, like they were good enough to flip switch. They didn't  start  the season hungry.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No surprise, I said it to start the season when they were up and down. They played like 60 wins and ECF entitled them, like they were good enough to flip switch. They didn't  start  the season hungry.

Agreed. Hate to say it because I hate them but the Warriors came out hungry as hell ...AFTER WINNING THE WHOLE DAMN THING! WTF!

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No because we wouldn't  be better with DMC and no Millsap.

No because the 3 allstars Jeff, Millsap and Horford didn't  step up to start the season  knowing  the they were incorporating Baze in the starting lineup and a 35 year old Korver coming off ankle and knee surgery. 

My expectations for those 3 were much higher than they delivered.  I got the same and in too many instances  way less than expected. 

Chances are more likely  they just aren't good enough.

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So if you're  thinking with DMC and Al at PF would make us better, you're  as dilusional  as ever about Al's game.

No because the 3 allstars Jeff, Millsap and Horford didn't  step up to start the season  knowing  the they were incorporating Baze in the starting lineup and a 35 year old Korver coming off ankle and knee surgery. 

My expectations for those 3 were much higher than they delivered.  I got the same and in too many instances  way less than expected. 

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Being satisfied  after getting swept  shows a lack of ambition.  I'm not surprised at all.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So if you're  thinking with DMC and Al at PF would make us better, you're  as dilusional  as ever about Al's game.

Plus, Carroll has been injured all season. He might not every play right again for all we know

No one there could possibly be happy with how this season went, I would think. A lot of us (myself included) badly overstated how good they would be this season. If anything, this sweep should expose to even the most myopic of those in the front office that the status quo just isn't good enough to contend for world titles. But then again, I've been wrong before...

• Like 2

I knew last year when the Hawks played in the ECF they were missing leadership. No one on the Hawks shows it which is a good reason the team seems not focused. You ever notice how Cleveland goes out and adds more to their team at the trade deadline? The vet players are important that can show leadership. Jefferson and Frye could have been acquired but I guess the Hawks felt they were set with their roster. Of course if you have a chance to play with Lebron your chances of winning a championship go up much higher. No one on the Hawks wants to be the vocal leader and get on players when they don't perform. It's certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AmishBoy said:

I get the trying to mimic the Spurs but they are taking it too far.  The Spurs do whatever it takes to win.  They may have tanked to get Duncan.  There is an article on ESPN about how they readily dumped Thiago to get Aldridge and how they are trying to figure out how to get into the Durant sweepstakes for god's sake.

I wish ATL would have played more hard ball and tried to get more from the Spurs besides Splitter like Diaw (to be able to guard stretch bigs like Frye, Draymond) or Kyle Anderson (to replace DeMarre).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thescout5 said:

I knew last year when the Hawks played in the ECF they were missing leadership. No one on the Hawks shows it which is a good reason the team seems not focused. You ever notice how Cleveland goes out and adds more to their team at the trade deadline? The vet players are important that can show leadership. Jefferson and Frye could have been acquired but I guess the Hawks felt they were set with their roster. Of course if you have a chance to play with Lebron your chances of winning a championship go up much higher. No one on the Hawks wants to be the vocal leader and get on players when they don't perform. It's certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.

Yeah I noticed last season Carroll and Elton were the leaders. You would think with Josh and Joe gone, Al and Teague would have been more vocal.

11 hours ago, AmishBoy said:

I remember watching the season previews on NBA TV, Grant Hill said he had the Cavs winning the East. I'm like wow. But yeah I never heard any of the players talk about winning a title. They're all PC.

3 hours ago, AmishBoy said:

I remember that.  He even said THAT like he was scared lol.

I was like wow of all people who should be a homer, somebody from the new ownership should be. 

• Like 1