• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Horford era has been the most successful era in Atlanta Hawks History. Why the hate for this team from the fanbase?

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Would the fifth year be the make or break then? Someone in a post said Al mentioned a five year contract at some point. 

If Al is signed and traded, he can't sign for a day or penny more than he could sign for as a FA.  The only way he can get the 5th year or more dollars on the contract is if he resigns with Atlanta and is not S&T'd.  

1 minute ago, AHF said:

If Al is signed and traded, he can't sign for a day or penny more than he could sign for as a FA.  The only way he can get the 5th year or more dollars on the contract is if he resigns with Atlanta and is not S&T'd.  

Thanks. That leaves it wide open even though Bud says he likes what had on the floor this year.

Just afraid if we do rebuild at this point we might not be playoff bound until LeBron is retired. Seems like it took forever to have even a winning season the last time we started over. Oddly we did made the playoffs that first year of our run with a losing record. Still, it took a really long time and I don't want to be senile by the time we win again. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Just afraid if we do rebuild at this point we might not be playoff bound until LeBron is retired. Seems like it took forever to have even a winning season the last time we started over. Oddly we did made the playoffs that first year of our run with a losing record. Still, it took a really long time and I don't want to be senile by the time we win again. 

And i'd really like to beat Lebron before his special training techniques wreak havoc on his body.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And i'd really like to beat Lebron before his special training techniques wreak havoc on his body.  

We know what Black Ops style training did to Tiger's career. I agree with you about beating LeBron in the playoffs because that game on Sunday was the closest we have been. One freaking  point. Got to become a close the game out team now.  

3 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

So what is the soonest point Al could be traded if he resigns with us?  After his first year? Before that we'd have to get permission, right? Or am I getting things mixed up?

I think mid- December.

• Premium Member

WHAT IF...

Horford was playing injured?

I'm not saying he definitely was, but I thought on game 4 he seemed REALLY slowed down on some rebounding opportunities and even when running up and down the court.

I don't think getting rid of Al (or Paul, or Teague, for that matter) would make the team any better in the foreseeable future.

Some want Al gone and Baze signed to a 10+M per deal, as if he was starter material. That would be the undoing of this franchise IMHO. There are absolutely NO pieces out there to replace Al if he walks. Replacing Bazemore could be fairly easy, the truth is he's just another glorified journeyman, not even as good as Carroll. Let him walk, I couldn't care less about this guy coming back. Al, on the other hand, is the cornerstone (not saying he's better than Sap tho) of many successful Hawks seasons, so IMHO he deserves that max. 

I gave the Hawks an injury excuse  last year, I can't do that this year.

(Kemba Walker had surgery  on his knee today - he didn't not play hard in the playoffs) -just saying.