• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder.

Diesel

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

and also it doesnt look good if germanys starting starpg is coming off the bench. It is in fact perfectly alright but who knows what media guys will plant into his head in the summer. 

Nonsense, better players than Dennis have come off the bench in the NBA and are starters  on their NT teams.

vor 6 Minuten, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Nonsense, better players than Dennis have come off the bench in the NBA and are starters  on their NT teams.

ye most likely, but these guys never had the pressure that he does. The pressure in german media just accelerates whenever someone is a top player in a top league.  BBall is dead here.

And we germans dont care about bball at all unless we freaking rape the rest of the world if we dont, we just watch soccer and we do:D

In fact i can name you problably 4 german players that have a huge chance of being more important than dennis is, but who will never get the pressure since they dont go to an american college or even get into the draft at all, bc its so untypical to get exposed in a situation  like that. there is a german "lebron" but he has 4 years now to decide if he ever wants to get into the draft process. It is just stupid to get yourself into the draft as an euro since you can make money in europe.

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

In fact i can name you problably 4 german players that have a huge chance of being more important than dennis is, but who will never get the pressure since they dont go to an american college or even get into the draft at all, bc its so untypical to get exposed in a situation  like that. there is a german "lebron" but he has 4 years now to decide if he ever wants to get into the draft process. It is just stupid to get yourself into the draft as an euro since you can make money in europe.

Please name them. Since I don't follow BB in Germany I have no idea. One may be Isaiah Hartenstein but who else? And who is the future German LeBron?

Just now, rd79 sagte:

Please name them. Since I don't follow BB in Germany I have no idea. One may be Isaiah Hartenstein but who else? And who is the future German LeBron?

the lebron is infact hartenstein, but also zipser, niklas kiel, maodo lo. zipser is perfect for the nba game, kiel is 2 young to count on yet, hartenstein will be a bust imo, but he is so young and nba draft webpages got him as nr.1-5 draft pick whenever he goes already^^ he still got 4 years:D

mAOdo  lo is the more teamoriented dennis:D but he is very calm.. perfect dude but germany has about 10 nba guys for the next 4years. but kiel and hartenstein will dictate the success. hartenstein kann become the next dirk, but its unfair to talk about that. he is a freak athlete especially for a white dude:D

dude i dont know how to do private messages, but if you are into teamspeak we can just chat verbaly:D just tell me if you are into that kind o stuff:D

Edited by gonzo

vor 5 Minuten, gonzo sagte:

mAOdo  lo is the more teamoriented dennis:D but he is very calm.. perfect dude but germany has about 10 nba guys for the next 4years. but kiel and hartenstein will dictate the success. hartenstein kann become the next dirk, but its unfair to talk about that. he is a freak athlete especially for a white dude:D

dude i dont know how to do private messages, but if you are into teamspeak we can just chat verbaly:D just tell me if you are into that kind o stuff:D

this sounds so gay:D

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

the lebron is infact hartenstein, but also zipser, niklas kiel, maodo lo. zipser is perfect for the nba game, kiel is 2 young to count on yet, hartenstein will be a bust imo, but he is so young and nba draft webpages got him as nr.1-5 draft pick whenever he goes already^^ he still got 4 years:D

Maodo Lo - unlikely to drafted due to playing at irrelevant University

Zipser is an athletic slasher, who can create highlights at the rim - special in Germany, but those guys seem to grow on trees (and  probable steroids) in the US -is projected mid 2nd round this year's draft

Niklas Kiel - never heard about him before

Hartenstein - yes he MAY be something special

Edited by rd79

But Dirk may have been a great motivation for a lot of kids in Germany to play basketball instead of soccer. So It would be natural to find some talented ballers in following years. Like Sebastian Vettel being a result of Schumachers success.

Edited by rd79

vor 1 Minute, rd79 sagte:

Maodo Lo - unlikely to drafted due to playing at irrelevant University

Zipser is an athletic slasher, who can create highlights at the rim - special in Germany, but those guys seems grow on trees (and  probable steroids) in the US -is projected mid 2nd round this year's draft

Niklas Kiel - never heard about him before

Hartenstein - yes he MAY be something special

this summer decides if lo gets drafted. good season for the germans, easy first or early 2nd round draft for lo. if not, well only san antonio drafts these players.

zipser is a freak athlete but has more to it. he has invited to the summer league twice and he is legit. trust me. he is no sure draft, but he is someone who can elevate if gets the hype^^.

kiel will be terrible imo, but all my bball m8s tell me he will be awesome, he is 17? crazy dude for that age.

and hartenstein is something i will never comment on:D

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

this summer decides if lo gets drafted. good season for the germans, easy first or early 2nd round draft for lo. if not, well only san antonio drafts these players.

1. IF Germany gets a shot at playing the Olympics (due to disqualification of other European teams) it MAY be interesting for NBA scouts, but nobody cares about Euro2017 qualifiers.
  2. Lo is a player who is well analysed in the US. He played there for four years. I doubt he can surprise anybody on international stage, like unknown players could

oh if scouts still would get surprised by euro players than i would really worry about the scouts. the biggest talents are pretty much comming from eversees so if you dont check on em your useless scout:D

ye lo is definitly scouted very well but his college is an academic college. just check what he can do in an enviroment with good bball players, it changes everything.

I mean elias harris was a top 20 pick but played 1 more season in college and got undrafted. its very oppurtinistic.

there are bbl teams that give nba teams a run for their money, and spanish teams would be playoff material im murica.

Am 9.5.2016 at 17:30 , JayBirdHawk sagte:

You can't  teach confidence.  He has a confidence that does not yet match his play.

This is my first post here, so bear with me. I am a German and I have read quite a few US articles about Dennis in which his confidence has been emphasized. One article even described it as "borderline obscene", I think. While I share this notion when it comes to his on court persona (the Bird-like threepointer comes to mind), there are two things you ought to consider:

1. We do not always know, what Coach Bud expects from Dennis. While he may appear to be egotistical, he may actually just be doing what he is being told to do.
  2. Germans have the tendency to be very direct people, which means we often say more directly what we think and skip the polite part. (Think of the typical exit interviews of NBA free agents and ask yourself, how much of it is polite nothingness.) Whereas this may come off as brash and cocky, more often than not it really is not supposed to come across like that.  I am not saying that this directness is better, I simply wanted you to be aware of it. 

On 5/9/2016 at 9:39 AM, Diesel said:

People give props to Schröder for his play in game 4.  I saw it as Hero ball.   I still think he's more liable to abandon and offensive game plan and do his own thing.  On the last play of the game, we had open shooters on the perimeter.  He runs into Lebron and gets tangled into a jump ball situation.

I still don't believe that he will ever conform to being a PG.  Teague may be too timid to do it all the time.  The answer may be elsewhere.  I don't know.

Yeah he cost us a chance to win the game by just trying to bulldog into the defenders and another situation where we don't even get up a damn shot when we could win a game. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, schlumbo said:

This is my first post here, so bear with me. I am a German and I have read quite a few US articles about Dennis in which his confidence has been emphasized. One article even described it as "borderline obscene", I think. While I share this notion when it comes to his on court persona (the Bird-like threepointer comes to mind), there are two things you ought to consider:

1. We do not always know, what Coach Bud expects from Dennis. While he may appear to be egotistical, he may actually just be doing what he is being told to do.
  2. Germans have the tendency to be very direct people, which means we often say more directly what we think and skip the polite part. (Think of the typical exit interviews of NBA free agents and ask yourself, how much of it is polite nothingness.) Whereas this may come off as brash and cocky, more often than not it really is not supposed to come across like that.  I am not saying that this directness is better, I simply wanted you to be aware of it. 

@schlumbo  Welcome.  I love Dennis' confidence, so I take no issue with it.

I think I’m finally going to get to watching parts of this game if I can (as my only choice is to use a sketchy website), to give my opinion. Particularly the 2nd and 4th quarters. I’ll give my opinion after that.

Early observation:

Irving makes EXCELLENT passes out of the double to Love that I would NOT expect him to do. He isn't known as a passer so that was really surprising.

And I just saw Korver blow something right near the basket. Ughhhh, why does he even play more than 15 minutes?

3 hours ago, schlumbo said:

To be honest I liked the way Dennis mixed it up a good bit with Isaiah Thomas in the first round against Boston. He's aggressive defensively and doesn't back down. Probably the only player that thinks he is obscene is DeMarcus Cousins. Last years grabbing some body parts event.

Observation at the end of the 2nd quarter:

The offense completely collapsed when Jeff Teague reentered the game like I said. It wasn't like there was wide open shots being missed off of great movement, it was complete collapse and stagnation after about one decent minute with him in.

On to the 4th quarter...

Edited by Lurker

Done, here are my observations from the 4th quarter, first the last play of the game:

Schröder may not have been looking, but even if he had LOOKED to pass, he absolutely DID NOT have a good option to throw it to. Korver was covered and would have refused to take it, Bazemore was about 5 feet from the arc and I doubt he tries to drive in that situation (he would have launched a bad 3), and Millsap has failed time and time again in crunch time situations and wasn't a good three point shooter in the regular season anyway if he decided to take the shot without driving at first.

On the other play in which Schröder was blocked by Thompson, this was pretty clearly a called play with only one other offensive option. They wanted Schröder to get a switch onto a big man and drive to the hoop to make a basket in that situation. The other option? A Horford mid-range shot, which would normally be a good option but in reality it wasn't. Why? His mid-range left him completely in the playoffs (shot only 27.3% on them vs Boston). In this case, a play at the basket is a much better play on the odds.

Other observations:

In the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter in general, really after Schröder was subbed out of the game in the 2nd, the team was using more of a free flow offense and not a very structured offense. Which leads to them firing up a lot of ill advised jumpers instead of taking smart shots. This team isn't smart enough to go free flow, but they have been doing so since the all star break, last year.

Outside of the out of timeouts, the team may have ran 3 plays at most offensively in the 4th quarter and I had no idea what they were doing in the 2nd for the last 7:09 offensively (which was not a good stretch at all, just 10 points in it).

I'm not sure that Horford was the last to touch before that goaltend (which I'm not sure about either).

Went to the well too much with Horford on Love again.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Hartenstein has crazy body-controll for someone being 6.11. His dishes are something else. He reminds me more of Detlef "White Magic/Det the Treath" Schrempf than Lebron though. He could be a legit NBA player.  Maybe a nice wing for the Hawks.