• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder.

Diesel

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

IF that's the thing.. then it's Bud's fault.  With Frank Vogel being out there, I would move to get him in as an assistant (defensive) and then if Bud keeps making bone head decisions, Replace him with Frank.

That's  stupid.

• Moderators

I think Bud has made his choice.  We had a chance to win 2 games this series - Games 1 and 4.  The leading scorer in both games was Dennis and Teague was benched down the stretch in both games.  You find some minutes down the stretch for Jeff if you really believe in him.  From 6:17 left in the 3rd quarter when he grabbed a rebound, Teague doesn't even appear in the play-by-play.  He didn't attempt a shot for the last 22 minutes of the game.  

13 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

It's simple economics. Surplus of point guards and a shortage of good wings. Gotta give one up and I prefer the one that has that "dog" in him and that's Dennis.  

That may happen and I kinda think it's likely, however, it's not that cut/dried.  Like I said before, if Dennis is our starter in round 1 we're probably a 1st round exit.  That said, I agree with you and Bird that I prefer errors of commission (Dennis) over errors of omission (Jeff).

I'd prefer we keep both but economically that won't make sense especially given we're an ostrich out there .... got wangs but certainly can't fly with them (boom).

Aye, @AHF, considering how Jeff "played" in game 4, do you think he's made up his mind just as much as Budz has?

• Premium Member

I'm weary of Teague's apathy and I can't trust Dennis to make good decisions consistently or keep his emotions under control. Find takers for both and trade whoever to the highest bidder. Use one or both to trade up in the Draft. This is a great time to hit the reset button and get some players worth building with/around.

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

I'm weary of Teague's apathy and I can't trust Dennis to make good decisions consistently or keep his emotions under control. Find takers for both and trade whoever to the highest bidder. Use one or both to trade up in the Draft. This is a great time to hit the reset button and get some players worth building with/around.

The problem is, at times, both Al and Sap showed apathy out there.  Baze and the other wings were hot/cold and Kyle was ... well, do we need to discuss Kyle?  There's brush fires all over the place.  Trading both turns an area of strength to a significant weakness (most likely).  Neither are good enough "prospects" individually to bring back enough to put out all the other fires in the midst of fixing the PG position sufficiently.

In a playoffs where Schröder wasn't really a problem after the first game, people still find a way to slander him, it's amazing.

If he had passed out, there still likely wouldn't be a shot attempt made from what I've seen before or if there was, it would've been bricked. Something to the basket was your best bet there so you have two choices...

A. Bazemore to the basket from when he picks up the rebound.

B. Schröder to the basket.

That's it.

• Like 2

Dennis is our guy.

Teague is gone on draft night hopefully. I loved aggressive Teague but he had his chances. We have to move on.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

In a playoffs where Schröder wasn't really a problem after the first game, people still find a way to slander him, it's amazing.

If he had passed out, there still likely wouldn't be a shot attempt made from what I've seen before or if there was, it would've been bricked. Something to the basket was your best bet there so you have two choices...

A. Bazemore to the basket from when he picks up the rebound.

B. Schröder to the basket.

That's it.

True story...

• Like 1

Dennis was the best man on the court for stretches of the game. He outclassed his team-mates all game long...I mean many situations where you could just see incompetence...take Thabo on the wing or Al doing some Kareem Abdul Jabbar impression. Dennis did what had to be done. Did you see Baze's eyes after the inbound. They all wanted Dennis to do it, which whas to much and you could feel it going wrong, but the rest just played way beneath their possibilities all series long.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Dennis was the best man on the court for stretches of the game. He outclassed his team-mates all game long...I mean many situations where you could just see incompetence...take Thabo on the wing or Al doing some Kareem Abdul Jabbar impression. Dennis did what had to be done. Did you see Baze's eyes after the inbound. They all wanted Dennis to do it.

...which was run right into the trap just like the Cavs knew he would. I will say his decision making fits right in with the rest of this team's during crunch time, so maybe he is the future.

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

It should be remembered that Dennis is still 22 or 23 years old.

Yup.....Even if Dennis isn't as productive as Teague, Teague has so many years of experience on him. I say we have to go with Dennis. If we absolutely don't like Dennis either, our only other option to keep our team winning with a vet point guard who is capable is to make a deal with the Grizz for Mike Conley. I still have beef with Conley for saying that he wouldn't report to Atlanta if we drafted him as the 3rd pick in 07, but whatever that was 10 years ago.

Dennis is fine and Hawks are lucky to have him.  He had the best stat line in game 4 and only played 21 minutes.  He played just as well, if not better, than Irving.

His decision making could be a bit better but that will come with experience, and he needs to be more consistent with his jumper.  Otherwise, the dude is a stud.

11 minutes ago, hawkman said:

...which was run right into the trap just like the Cavs knew he would. I will say his decision making fits right in with the rest of this team's during crunch time, so maybe he is the future.

And yet he still had the best shooting % on the team.  Pretty darn good against the 4th best defensive team in the league.

• Like 1

Kept Schröder dump Teague. That game 4 was almost foreshadowing what's to come.... In the biggest game of the season Teague bowed out while Dennis stepped up. And in the closing minutes he have is a fighting chance as he hit clutch shot after clutch shot. Not his fault the refs blew 2 calls down the stretch to give CLE the sweep. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Now you've just created another hole to fill by trading our two PGs which is this teams strength.  In a PG league you don't have two good PGs and trade both.

29 minutes ago, hawkman said:

We can all agree that is his weakness - that's something he can learn with experience.