• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder.

Diesel

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not sure this has meaning either way. It could mean I am out for the summer, or I am done ATL. It's crpytic

That's my reaction too.  Should have added a line of commentary to clarify.  Lets people read whatever the want into it.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Schröder had 6 assists and only 2 TOs in 25mins vs. Teague at 2 assists and 3 TOs in 22mins.. He clearly played the PG position better than Teague - not even counting the fact that Schröder was our top scorer and basically kept us in the game. I'm sorry, but I have seen too many Hawks be timid in close situations like that and I was glad to not see that from Schröder, even though it didn't work out. As a coach, why wouldn't you want Schröder to drive the ball in that situation with Delly on him? In fact, I am surprised Bud didn't use Schröder + Teague together more often, as there really wasn't anyone on the Cavs that could stop their penetration.

Being timid and moving us out of our offensive scheme are two different things.  Our offense was working and everybody was scoring in the first half.  When the 4th quarter came around we went to ISOSCHRO and Cleveland anticipated it.   Sorry but if we're going to be an ISO team, then yes, Schro is our man and let's get rid of Bud and bring Woody Back.  Woody is the perfect coach for Schröder because Woody would let Schro do whatever he wants.  However, it's not spurseast at all... it's not winning basketball.  It is what it is.. .ISOSCHRO.

Just now, Diesel said:

Being timid and moving us out of our offensive scheme are two different things.  Our offense was working and everybody was scoring in the first half.  When the 4th quarter came around we went to ISOSCHRO and Cleveland anticipated it.   Sorry but if we're going to be an ISO team, then yes, Schro is our man and let's get rid of Bud and bring Woody Back.  Woody is the perfect coach for Schröder because Woody would let Schro do whatever he wants.  However, it's not spurseast at all... it's not winning basketball.  It is what it is.. .ISOSCHRO.

Bottom line is this - Bud did not trust Teague down the stretch of a season ending game - that says a lot.

It's less about Dennis and more about Teagues ineffectiveness.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

Jeff has one more year left on his contract. We should be trying to trade him before we lose him for nothing. Give the keys to Dennis and let him develop even more by getting all the playing time during crucial situations. Not saying we are going to win a championship next year with Dennis at starting PG, but it is obvious that he is long-term answer and Jeff Demarco Teague is not.

Dennis is not going to develop as a team player.  He's Isoscrhoe.  Just acknowledge it.  Those who call him "Agressive" only sees him being Isoscrhoe as being the way we should plunge into the future.   If you want to give Schroe the keys.. then just bring back Woody.  Woody would have stopped the 3 point barrage and he would have let Isoscrhoe continue.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bottom line is this - Bud did not trust Teague down the stretch of a season ending game - that says a lot.

It's less about Dennis and more about Teagues ineffectiveness.

The Bottom line is that we LOST.  ISOSCHRO did not win it for us yesterday.  Somebody tried to praise the last play of the game... Humph... there were wide open Hawks and he dribbles into a double team.

ISOSCHRO.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Dennis is not going to develop as a team player.  

At 22 years old, I'm not going there yet.  The difference between what Teague does and what Parker does for SA is not a world apart.  Just some maturity about knowing when to back off a shot.  I'd call Parker a team guy even though he isn't the kind of offense lynchpin  that guys like Paul, Nash, etc. were in their prime.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

In a playoffs where Schröder wasn't really a problem after the first game, people still find a way to slander him, it's amazing.

If he had passed out, there still likely wouldn't be a shot attempt made from what I've seen before or if there was, it would've been bricked. Something to the basket was your best bet there so you have two choices...

A. Bazemore to the basket from when he picks up the rebound.

B. Schröder to the basket.

That's it.

Sorry, give me a pass out to a wide open guy over dribbling into the teeth of Cleveland's defense anyday of the weak...  That's what our offensive scheme is based on.. Dribble penetration with a kick out.   Dennis doesn't care about winning basketball.  He wants to be carried off the floor.   Ask yourself.. What would Steph have done in that situation?  What would Parker have done in that situation?  

• Premium Member

One place I agree is that Bud has made his choice.  His choice is to go with Dennis... Obviously.   You don't bench your allstar PG down the stretch of two important games and say.... He's our guy.   Teague has to be traded because Teague is not going to want to stay with this.   That's cool.. but I see no maturity coming in Schro's game.   He's 22 but he's been playing with men since he was 16.  Problem is that he has experience and I don't think that he's up for conforming.   Once Teague is traded, get ready for more isoschro.  That is who he is...  So this will be the end of Budball as we have seen it,  I just hope that Bud can adapt.

Dennis had only 6 Games as a Starter last season to proove his ability as a starting point guard but he and Teague has nearly the same Per-Stats during the regular season (7.8 Ast per 36 ! ). The PG - Position is the only big advance on the current roster and i would like to stay with Teague and Dennis for long, but i know  this will not happened,.I am sure,  if dennis would not do, what the coaching staff wants, he would not play on this roster anymore. They would not trade Shelvin for nothing, if they had any issues with him. Right now Dennis is a role Player with the green light to attack, but he has shown his ability as a pass pg more many times last season.

Edited by scjena
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Ropadope said:

It's also possible that Teague's injuries are more serious than we know and Bud's decision to sit him late had more to do with that than passing the torch to Dennis.

I hope and I don't hope.

I can look it over but if Teague is that injured then Idk?

49 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sorry, give me a pass out to a wide open guy over dribbling into the teeth of Cleveland's defense anyday of the weak...  That's what our offensive scheme is based on.. Dribble penetration with a kick out.   Dennis doesn't care about winning basketball.  He wants to be carried off the floor.   Ask yourself.. What would Steph have done in that situation?  What would Parker have done in that situation? 

That wide open guy would have likely passed on the shot or badly bricked it with how bad Atlanta was in crunch time all season, even with Teague running point...

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Our offense was working and everybody was scoring in the first half

Word on the street was when Jeff Teague came back in in the 2nd quarter the offense totally collapsed and helped Cleveland come back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

IF that's the thing.. then it's Bud's fault.  With Frank Vogel being out there, I would move to get him in as an assistant (defensive) and then if Bud keeps making bone head decisions, Replace him with Frank.

Bud has been giving Dennis Schröder the green light to attack off the bench for TWO YEARS! Wake the *bleep* up! He is completely fine when Schröder is attacking off the dribble.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That wide open guy would have likely passed on the shot or badly bricked it with how bad Atlanta was in crunch time all season, even with Teague running point...

Even a brick.. With the time that was on the Clock ~8 secs.. we had a chance for a rebound.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Word on the street was when Jeff Teague came back in in the 2nd quarter the offense totally collapsed and helped Cleveland come back.

From My viewpoint what helped Cleveland come back was doubles with no rotation.   Kevin Love hit 4 in a row on us going into the quarter.  Your word on the street should have watched the damn game.. We were shooting 62% from the field going into the half.  Our offense was not collapsed.  It was a damn shame that we were shooting so well and only up by 5 before they closed the gap to 2.

It wasn't an offensive collapse.  It was our puny defense.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

From My viewpoint what helped Cleveland come back was doubles with no rotation.   Kevin Love hit 4 in a row on us going into the quarter.  Your word on the street should have watched the damn game.. We were shooting 62% from the field going into the half.  Our offense was not collapsed.  It was a damn shame that we were shooting so well and only up by 5 before they closed the gap to 2.

It wasn't an offensive collapse.  It was our puny defense.

Now you're just spinning things. Spin all you want man, it doesn't change this factoid: Jeff Teague is not the key to a legit contender. Dennis Schröder may not be either, but it's time to see.

Love didn't hit 4 in a row "going into halftime".

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Now you're just spinning things. Spin all you want man, it doesn't change this factoid: Jeff Teague is not the key to a legit contender. Dennis Schröder may not be either, but it's time to see.

Love didn't hit 4 in a row "going into halftime".

You're right.  I'm talking about the third quarter... 

However, to the point about the end of the 1st half.

Teague came in with 8:06 in the 2nd quarter.   The score was 46-39 us.  At the end of the qtr, the score was 58-56.

Cleveland outscored us 17 to 12.

Cleveland hit 2 three pointers, 3  free throws and 4shots.

We hit 5 shots and 2 free throws.

Shump did get 2 steals off of Teague.

However, I believe what we see is that Cleveland game planned to close out quarters strong.