• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder.

Diesel

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

The Bottom line is that we LOST.  ISOSCHRO did not win it for us yesterday.  Somebody tried to praise the last play of the game... Humph... there were wide open Hawks and he dribbles into a double team.

ISOSCHRO.

We weren't  winning WITH Teague either. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Dennis is not going to develop as a team player. 

Ludicrous statement. I guess you can see the future.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TRADE HIM ASAP...it has to be this summer. He's an aging point guard with more than nagging injuries who is not making it happen for our team but is on a fabulous contract, 8 mill a year that teams would love. IMHO it HAS to be a draft night deal.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now you've just created another hole to fill by trading our two PGs which is this teams strength.  In a PG league you don't have two good PGs and trade both.

This goes right along with my thoughts that the Hawks should blow it up. I wasn't clear on that during my post. I'm tired of half measures and somehow trying to build on what we have. I've seen this before during the late 80's, 90's, and with JJ's Hawks. Unless Durant walks through that door, this team is pretty much stuck where it's at. I've grown weary of futility.

A comment from Dennis.

“The important minutes are at the end of the game and that you close out games,” Schröder said. “I think for me it’s clear: In the future, I want to be a starting point.”

Thinking he feels the future is now. This comment and Jason Walker's article "state of the franchise" has me thinking I was way off thinking Bud is keeping both PGs, he may start thinking about a trade happening before the season or at the deadline. Jason mentions Teague and Atkinson are close. Sean Marks, Atkinson and Teague are all SpurHawk ball scheme vets. My question is what in the world do the Nets have to offer or would offer? If we keep just one our backups are a second rounder most likely and a journeyman like Kirk I'm guessing. A remote possibility of Patterson.We would be weak there when the starter is off the floor.

On 5/9/2016 at 6:03 PM, thescout5 said:

How about trading both Teague and Schröder and signing Conley. No way it happens but I like the way Conley plays the game.

Conley can't stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

A comment from Dennis.

“The important minutes are at the end of the game and that you close out games,” Schröder said. “I think for me it’s clear: In the future, I want to be a starting point.”

Thinking he feels the future is now. This comment and Jason Walker's article "state of the franchise" has me thinking I was way off thinking Bud is keeping both PGs, he may start thinking about a trade happening before the season or at the deadline. Jason mentions Teague and Atkinson are close. Sean Marks, Atkinson and Teague are all SpurHawk ball scheme vets. My question is what in the world do the Nets have to offer or would offer? If we keep just one our backups are a second rounder most likely and a journeyman like Kirk I'm guessing. A remote possibility of Patterson.We would be weak there when the starter is off the floor.

When did Dennis make that comment?

Could it be a 3-team deal whereby the Nets get Teague, send bLopez somewhere and the 3rd team gives us a wang?

THis is one line out of his exit interview. The reporters tried to get a statement like "I want to be starting point guard next season from him" several times. All he was answering was, that he is happy as the season was regarding his playing time and that sometime in the future he wants to be a starting point guard.

wow breaking news.... really.

And all this talk about blowing everything up.... sure if you have the mindset of a 5 year old, do it. Blow it all up. But maybe you should first think about how many teams had success with this strategy (without being sponsored by moronic b. nets)

This team is the second or third best team in the east. Blowing things up won't solve any problem. Oh except one. you could all start crying about new things.

• Like 1

Thomas, could you please look at the date of the article? it is even in the url. THis is an old story that was wrong a year ago and still is.

Her is his exit interview

Edited by Ekyo
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Thomas said:

That's an old article.  Watch his interview in the "Exit Interviews" thread.  He wants to be a starter eventually, but is not going to force his way into it.

6 minutes ago, Ekyo said:

THis is one line out of his exit interview. The reporters tried to get a statement like "I want to be starting point guard next season from him" several times. All he was answering was, that he is happy as the season was regarding his playing time and that sometime in the future he wants to be a starting point guard.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I think this is also basically what happened with the interview with the German publication towards the beginning of the season.  "Journalists" trying to get a controversial comment.  That profession is just going down the toilet of the "journalist" trying to make the story rather than simply report the story as they should.

Dennis wants to start but he's always been respectful of Teague and of the situation here in Atlanta.  I hope the national folks don't run with this nonsense.  They made a huge deal about the earlier story ... well, when the actually talked Hawks .. in between Calf/Nicks/Worriers/Tunder stories washed, rinsed and repeated.

The quote I pasted was from ESPN yesterday.

I didn't say he is forcing something. I also mentioned Jason's speculation for the PG position..

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

A comment from Dennis.

Not sure there is even a SF on the Nets roster.   If we part with Teague then bringing Jarret Jack in to be Dennis' backup would be a good plan.  Obviously Teague should net us more than just Jack but Jack is a vet who won't fade in crunch time and he'll get on to Dennis if he is shaqtin the fool.