Who should be our SGs Next year.

Diesel

Who should be our SGs.  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

The one thing that this year proved to me is that all these guys we have masquerading as SFs are really SGs.   So, looking earnestly towards next year and thinking we'd get a Sf in draft and Free agency... I want to know who should be kept for SG next year.

I'd have Bazemore as starter. He looked better at SG game 3 and 4. Just have Korver back him up. Maybe Hardaway can learn SF. He's taller than Bazemore (6'6") and if he could improve his defense, he may be the SF of the future.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, BigDog90 said:

I'd have Bazemore as starter. He looked better at SG game 3 and 4. Just have Korver back him up. Maybe Hardaway can learn SF. He's taller than Bazemore (6'6") and if he could improve his defense, he may be the SF of the future.

I'd leave THJr at SG BU and I would move Korver to BU SF.   He was just outsized by Sterbron.

Guessing that a year from now Korver is gone and Hardaway is the decent minutes backup SG. Depending on if Baze is back going with him starting and having Thabo for some matches ups could work. Needs to keep working on his threes. This is based on getting a starting caliber true SF however we can. I know Thabo is getting older but I would extend him past his current contract year. His offense is up and down but what a big time defender. So after all my hot air I'm going with Baze and hopefully his improved threes.

• Moderators

Tough to say.  Lots of moving parts right now.  I expect some churn in personnel at the wing but is that adding a SG or SF?  Don't know.  Do we lose or trade a wing?  Don't know.  Tough to say right now.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Tough to say.  Lots of moving parts right now.  I expect some churn in personnel at the wing but is that adding a SG or SF?  Don't know.  Do we lose or trade a wing?  Don't know.  Tough to say right now.

Yeah, AHF is right here (for once).  I don't think we'll be able to retain Bazemore so I think the 2G rotation will have some new faces.  Way too early to tell who.

My prediction has been panned by our HS eggsperts but I still think Beal tries to force his way out of WAS (yes, I know he's a RFA).  Tired of their nonsense, medical staff.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

The thing is that right now, we have a lot of guys listed as Sfs who are all pretty much SGs.  Baze is a SG.  THJr is a SG.  I didn't believe it til yesterday but Thabo is a SG.    In fact, I love Big SGs.  I think that's the real power that people miss about GS.   They have BiG SGs and Sf.  Klay is Big.  Draymond plays Big.  Livingston is a freaking Giant.  AI is not that big but he's alright.   So us moving some of our SF to SG and get a 6'8" 6'9" 220+ guy at SF would be great!!  Yeah, I miss ISOJOE.  I think had we had him this offseason, things would have been different.

Not sure where Joe's game is at right now but he is definitely a SF now and a good sized one as well. But one of his houses is in Miami I read somewhere. Sounds like he is probably in Miami for the future. I'm sure his contract for next year will look so much more affordable than the abusive past one. Still, he's not a Bud ball type of player because ball stays in his hands . 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

The thing is that right now, we have a lot of guys listed as Sfs who are all pretty much SGs.  Baze is a SG.  THJr is a SG.  I didn't believe it til yesterday but Thabo is a SG.    In fact, I love Big SGs.  I think that's the real power that people miss about GS.   They have BiG SGs and Sf.  Klay is Big.  Draymond plays Big.  Livingston is a freaking Giant.  AI is not that big but he's alright.   So us moving some of our SF to SG and get a 6'8" 6'9" 220+ guy at SF would be great!!  Yeah, I miss ISOJOE.  I think had we had him this offseason, things would have been different.

I've been preaching that all year.

I'm cool on all of em, of course at least two of them will be here.  I've grown tired of all these "hybrid, position-less" players Bud covets.  It's just code for "undersized, incomplete skill-set."

A True 2 should be able to bring the ball up whenever to help his 1, his main job is to drop 20 regularly on decent shooting, and help out his 3 with some defensive plays.  Worse comes to worse, just go ahead and play the 1 or 3.  That's Jimmy Butler or Rodney Hood, period.  Nowhere close to that currently on the roster. I'm sick of mediocrity already.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Chicago isn't dealing Butler their best player. Beal or Affalo if your talking free agents. Beal gets injured alot but I would gamble. He'll cost alot however maybe the Hawks could do what the Cavs did when Lebron waiting for the Cavs to sign all the big players and he signed last. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

Chicago isn't dealing Butler their best player. Beal or Affalo if your talking free agents. Beal gets injured alot but I would gamble. He'll cost alot however maybe the Hawks could do what the Cavs did when Lebron waiting for the Cavs to sign all the big players and he signed last. 

Sequencing depends on what we are doing.  If we are resigning Horford, for example, you do not want to wait on him to sign because his cap hold on the books is less than what he will sign for.  So in that case, you sign Horford after your big FA move(s).

• Like 1