• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets after Horford? I call BS

A person familiar with the organization told Sporting News that landing Hawks star Al Horford is the Rockets' top-line goal in free agency, and Ryan Anderson also would be a possibility. Also, expect Morey to be creative when pursuing sign-and-trade deals involving star players like Blake Griffin, Jimmy Butler or Carmelo Anthony, should they become available.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Doubt it happens, but I can definitely see it. Why wouldn't a team who strongly values the 3pt shot want Horford? Also, Horford would have no problems running the PnR and PnP with Harden.

And they very much need a positive locker room presence. Their team had plenty of talent but their locker room atmosphere was downright toxic according to reports.

It just kinda upsets me that Morey wants every big name free agent and the only one he's landed is Dwight, and that has been a disaster thus far.

1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

Doubt it happens, but I can definitely see it. Why wouldn't a team who strongly values the 3pt shot want Horford? Also, Horford would have no problems running the PnR and PnP with Harden.

Because he shoots the 3 right at league average, and above at times.  Plus he's an above average midrange shooter.

Offensively, he's a perfect fit for Houston.

Next thing I expect to hear is STTE, "HOU offers T. Jones and unprotected 2nd in SnT for Al Horford; Hawks mulling over offer".

Then half of HS panics, "See, see that's why the Hawks will never win the World Series!!!  Dey top cheap.  They gon' sign Jones 'cause he can shoot 3's.  Blah, blah, blab ....".

Wha?

At the end of the day, Morey has shown himself to be a GM who enjoys floating rumors out to get ego strokes.  

Just now, kg01 said:

Next thing I expect to hear is STTE, "HOU offers T. Jones and unprotected 2nd in SnT for Al Horford; Hawks mulling over offer".

Then half of HS panics, "See, see that's why the Hawks will never win the World Series!!!  Dey top cheap.  They gon' sign Jones 'cause he can shoot 3's.  Blah, blah, blab ....".

Wha?

At the end of the day, Morey has shown himself to be a GM who enjoys floating rumors out to get ego strokes.  

Patrick Beverly for Melo.

Ariza for Blake Griffin

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Patrick Beverly for Melo.

Ariza for Blake Griffin

Sign KD on top of all that.  Boom.  Dynasty.  Exec. of Year?

• Premium Member

My feeling on the matter is this.  How well would Horf play next to Clint Capella?

If we lost Horf to Houston on the free agent market because D12 opted out.  Would there be enough money for Horf and a rebounder?

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

A person familiar with the organization told Sporting News that landing Hawks star Al Horford is the Rockets' top-line goal in free agency, and Ryan Anderson also would be a possibility. Also, expect Morey to be creative when pursuing sign-and-trade deals involving star players like Blake Griffin, Jimmy Butler or Carmelo Anthony, should they become available.

I'm not surprised. I could imagine they'd try to sell the no state income tax as a way to convince him to come and the big Hispanic population.