• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague =Better than Kyle Lowry

Diesel

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

The youtube game doesn't prove much.  Teague still has a problem with consistency of aggression.  When he is aggressive, he can be great as Diesel shows.  In other cases...

The problem is that the times when he is aggressive is downplayed and forgotten by his own fanbase.    We talking about the guy that led us in scoring (16.5 ppg) and assist (6.0 apg)  in the Boston Series this year and people act like he hasn't done anything in 4 years??  Hawks fans have short memories and when it comes to Teague, some of them only remember what they want to remember.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The problem is that the times when he is aggressive is downplayed and forgotten by his own fanbase.    We talking about the guy that led us in scoring (16.5 ppg) and assist (6.0 apg)  in the Boston Series this year and people act like he hasn't done anything in 4 years??  Hawks fans have short memories and when it comes to Teague, some of them only remember what they want to remember.

When it comes straight down to it, he was the main reason in winning a grand total of......one game. There are other reasons why in the other three in which he was the 4th or 5th most important player.

And again, show me times where he was clutch when it mattered the most in the last two seasons. Hard to.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

When it comes straight down to it, he was the main reason in winning a grand total of......one game. There are other reasons why in the other three in which he was the 4th or 5th most important player.

And again, show me times where he was clutch when it mattered the most in the last two seasons. Hard to.

In all fairness, no one was clutch this year on the Hawks other than Dennis for a game or two.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Do we have a system that supports CLUTCH?  Moreover,  where do you place Assists?  I mean, when you look at our system under Bud... We haven't had anyone to average over 20 ppg in his time here.    That suggests that Bud doesn't have HEROBALL players...   So.. no.. he wasn't "Clutch" but no one on the Hawks teams under Bud has ever been Clutch.  It's a B.S. Strawman that you have built there Lurker.   

However, when we look at the fact that we closed Boston out in 6 and Teague led us in scores and assists, it shows his value in our system.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Lurker said:

“Bud Ball” on offense is nothing short of an American version of the beautiful game. The Hawks were ranked 6th in overall offense which was fueled by being ranked only 2nd to Golden State in percentage of assisted field goals. Much like South American football, “Bud Ball” has a gracious flow that incorporates fluid passing and highly skilled finishers. English translation, “Bud Ball” emphasizes rotating the basketball until the offense finds the highest percentage shot against the opponent’s most vulnerable weakness.

Most look at the fact the Hawks were 4th in overall field goal percentage and 2nd in three-pointers as the result of excellent shooting. Although there are plenty of good shooters on the Hawks roster, the real culprit was the team bought into the “Bud Ball” philosophy of sharing the basketball and finding the absolute most efficient shot. Carroll, Milsap, Muscala, Schröder, Bazemore, Scott and Teague were never known as NBA three-point shooters until they played in Coach Bud’s system. All of them shot above thirty-four percent from three which led to the Hawks being 3rd in the NBA in efficiency field goal percentage and becoming one most prolific offenses in the league.

Quoted from Steve Butler Redzone sports.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Do we have a system that supports CLUTCH?  Moreover,  where do you place Assists?  I mean, when you look at our system under Bud... We haven't had anyone to average over 20 ppg in his time here.    That suggests that Bud doesn't have HEROBALL players...   So.. no.. he wasn't "Clutch" but no one on the Hawks teams under Bud has ever been Clutch.  It's a B.S. Strawman that you have built there Lurker. 

Except the veterans also go away from that coveted "system" and play hero ball in crunch time. It has not been just Schröder, it's been Teague and Millsap as well. And it failed every single time this season. I don't remember right off the back except for the playoffs last year where Teague made a "clutch assist" to help seal the game, most of the time, he choked HARD in crunch time.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Except the veterans also go away from that coveted "system" and play hero ball in crunch time. It has not been just Schröder, it's been Teague and Millsap as well. And it failed every single time this season. I don't remember right off the back except for the playoffs last year where Teague made a "clutch assist" to help seal the game, most of the time, he choked HARD in crunch time.

Please.  You're loving for a great wife, mother, and homemaker in a room full of lesbians.   You talking about Clutch players and Hawks is a strawman Lurker.  Nobody's going to fight that fight because there is no fight there.  WE HAVE NO CLUTCH PLAYERS BECAUSE OUR OFFENSE DOESN'T FIT CLUTCH PLAY.   So you arguing that Teague is not clutch is a B.S. Argument.   Moreover, just like Teague was our best player against the Celtics and  one of our worst against the Cavs... In our system... anybody can be the man and not be the man at anytime.  It goes with the statement that Basketball is about matchups.  We matchup badly against Cleveland at several positions because of their defensive scheme and personnel.   I see you play your Dennis card.  Well, Dennis wasn't great against the Celtics and he was pitiful last year in the playoffs... But let me guess.. Oh.. He was Young.

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

WE HAVE NO CLUTCH PLAYERS BECAUSE OUR OFFENSE DOESN'T FIT CLUTCH PLAY. 

Then explain why the offense devolves to one on one in last two minute situations even when Teague plays. If you can't then this conversation is over. Have a nice day.

I mean this is going in circles! The veterans themselves do not trust the system in crunch time situations! It's not just Schröder, if you want to go in on Schröder for "ignoring the system", it's time to also go in on guys like Teague and Millsap for ignoring it in last two minute situations.

Edited by Lurker

Whaaaat?

Clutch is having the big balls to not be afraid to take and make a shot when it matters most and not quiver the sphincter regardless of whatever system you run.

It's  mindset and talent.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Clutch is having the big balls to not be afraid to take and make a shot when it matters most and not quiver the sphincter regardless of whatever system you run.

And no starter had it on this roster.

Teague does not deserve praise for how he played in this year's playoffs outside of game 1. He shot AWFUL after that and played bad defense. You can argue the MAIN reason for the win in the first round was the play of the role players in game five.

Edited by Lurker

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM, willthepureshooter said:

The guy is nothing but a chucker that doesn't play defense and tucks his tail against other premium guards.

Okay, I'll bite at this.

Teague was better at not tucking his tail against premium guards last year but he did every time this year.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Whaaaat?

U said sphincter lol

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Whaaaat?

You still need to differentiate clutch from Heroball.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Lurker said:

Teague's percentages after that game 1 vs Boston:

36.8% FG and 26.5% from three

Legitimate Star Baby!

WOOOOO!

Wait.. Let me try....

30% FG% and 20% 3pt%..........................................  UNANIMOUS (First EVER) League MVP Steph Curry....  Game 4... OKC WCF 2016.

So what does your minute sample size mean again??

I guess Steph is not a legit Star either??

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Wait.. Let me try....

30% FG% and 20% 3pt%..........................................  UNANIMOUS (First EVER) League MVP Steph Curry....  Game 4... OKC WCF 2016.

So what does your minute sample size mean again??

I guess Steph is not a legit Star either??

It's not just those 9 games, it's how when Teague is off he does not help the team in any other way. And he had an even bigger stretch than this during the '16 season in which his play was an absolute joke. You cannot call him a star.

Bruh, you minimized it further than those 9 games.