• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague =Better than Kyle Lowry

Diesel

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

OK I'll bite.  Teague wasn't on the court to close out our season-ending game 4 against the Calfs in Atlanta.  Isn't that just as bad, if not worse?

When game 4 come around for Toronto, Let's note where Lowry is....  Maybe he'll be back int he back listening to some Sade getting a neck message with his shrink telling him that he's an allstar. 

• Like 2

Not thinking it matters which one of these two are better than the other because though Bud says he loves Jeff but neither of these two are likely in the Hawks future after the upcoming season. Both disappear during  very important stretches in big playoff games. Bigger and more impending fish to fry at other positions. A previous post joking about Lowry needing or having a shrink might not be a joke at all. 

• Premium Member
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, willthepureshooter said:

I can't believe we're having this debate. How can anyone believe Kyle Lowry's better than Teague in the playoffs.  Please take a look at the Per 36 statistics for each player in the playoffs and tell me what part makes Lowry better. The guy is nothing but a chucker that doesn't play defense and tucks his tail against other premium guards. When was the last time Teague walked off the court during any game let alone the playoffs to "decompress?" Man, I get a slight giggle everyday from some of the Squawks eggsperts. Please stop spreading the foolery. 

Kyle and Teague.PNG

The Undervaluing of Teague continues.   Even in the face of relevant facts.  Even in the face of people talking about Lowry as having had a nervous breakdown over the last two series.   People who are supposed Hawks fans will still deny the facts before they eyes.

Now AHF wants to talk about regular season games.   As if playoff games have less value.   The measure of a plyer is what they do under pressure.   What's next... We'll be comparing Teague and Lowry only when they play teams from the Midwest division?

Because many on this board UNDERVALUE Teague,  who is a legit allstar player, they doubt that he has legit trade value.   Sad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Undervaluing of Teague continues.   Even in the face of relevant facts.  Even in the face of people talking about Lowry as having had a nervous breakdown over the last two series.   People who are supposed Hawks fans will still deny the facts before they eyes.

Now AHF wants to talk about regular season games.   As if playoff games have less value.   The measure of a plyer is what they do under pressure.   What's next... We'll be comparing Teague and Lowry only when they play teams from the Midwest division?

Because many on this board UNDERVALUE Teague,  who is a legit allstar player, they doubt that he has legit trade value.   Sad.

The Undervaluing of Horford continues.   Even in the face of relevant facts................................................................................................Because many on this board UNDERVALUE Al,  who is a legit allstar player, they doubt that he has legit trade value.   Sad.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Undervaluing of Horford continues.   Even in the face of relevant facts................................................................................................Because many on this board UNDERVALUE Al,  who is a legit allstar player, they doubt that he has legit trade value.   Sad.

So as you try to change the subject, are you trying to say that Horf is worth the Max??

Good luck with that.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

So as you try to change the subject, are you trying to say that Horf is worth the Max??

Good luck with that.

No, I'm  just pointing out how obvious  you can be.

I never once said Horford  is worth the max. Just  like how I don't  think Batum is worth the max (same amount as Horford by the way), nor Barnes is worth  the max. But I understand the NBA economics of the new TV money and how players like DMC can get $15 mil and Testuz rumored to be getting $17 mil.

Just  like when Teague hits free agency next season he'll  be getting paid a boatload.

Horford is a top 25 player and worth the max of today. Any opinion less than that is an instant one star comment.

Teague is a top 40 to 50 player a borderline top 10 PG. He put up 20/8 per36 and he is an excellent floor general. To get him who's going into his prime is going to take a lot. Anyone saying less gets an one star comment. 

I don't want to talk about silly shit like rebounding or post game. I don't want to talk about why he didn't finish some 4th QTS or why isn't he consistently exceptional. Both players are usually very good and we want a lot. Don't ask for less or its a no. We understand Al's value and Jeff value.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Diesel said:

D
E
L
U
S
I
O
N
A
L

That all star game will be an anomaly. He will never go to one again. Bank on it. This isn't even hating on him, he is a GOOD player, not a GREAT one.

Edited by Lurker

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

D
E
L
U
S
I
O
N
A
L

That all star game will be an anomaly. He will never go to one again. Bank on it. This isn't even hating on him, he is a GOOD player, not a GREAT one.

Jeff Teague is a very good player and yes, he's clearly not a great one. We all know that but he's very good. Not too many PG's I will take over him and that includes Dennis at this stage.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Diesel said:

LMAO  What are you even talking about?

When did I say Teague doesn't have legit trade value?

When did I deny he made his single all-star game?

When did I say the post-season games mean less than regular season?

What I said was that the people pointing to Lowry being better are looking at total career which includes regular season -- not limiting themselves to the much, much smaller sample size of playoff games.

Lowry 653 regular season games, 41 playoff games

Teague 518 regular season games, 62 playoff games

I actually think there isn't a huge gap between the two of them.  Teague was better last season than Lowry.  Lowry was better this season than Teague.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't feel like i undervalue Teague.  Frankly he's probably my favorite hawk right now.   But I'm not sure why we're running down Lowry.   All I hear is that Derozan is an overpaid chucker and Lowry is a head case.   But Lowry is the #1 player on the team that ran away from us for the #2 seed and has won 5 more playoff games than the Hawks managed this season.   Teague is about the #3 guy on our team and against the Cavs was relegated to the #2 PG on the team.     You can compare stats all you want but the fact is that Lowry has taken the Raps further than the Hawks have ever gotten.     (Geez and i'm not even a fan of his but let's be real here)

38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't feel like i undervalue Teague.  Frankly he's probably my favorite hawk right now.   But I'm not sure why we're running down Lowry.   All I hear is that Derozan is an overpaid chucker and Lowry is a head case.   But Lowry is the #1 player on the team that ran away from us for the #2 seed and has won 5 more playoff games than the Hawks managed this season.   Teague is about the #3 guy on our team and against the Cavs was relegated to the #2 PG on the team.     You can compare stats all you want but the fact is that Lowry has taken the Raps further than the Hawks have ever gotten.     (Geez and i'm not even a fan of his but let's be real here)

Blaming Jeff for the last series is weak. It was a big match up for us 

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hey... the Cavs have more wins than the Warriors.  I guess that means that Kyrie is a better PG than Steph Curry.   MVP indeed!!

F*ck Steph Curry, f*ck Ayesha Curry, and f*ck dirty a$$ ghetto Draymond Green. And if you wanna be down with bad boy, f*ck you too, Chino XL, f*ck you too, all you muthaf*ckers, f*ck you too.