• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Chance we go after Deng?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bud looked at him before.  Would Bud look at him again?

I know as a city, we have somewhat vilified Deng.. and I don't know how Deng feels about Atlanta.  However, on a cheap contract, could Deng be what we need at the 3?

I guess that same topic is for Joe too.

He doesn't move the needle and the team isn't necessarily better with him on the roster.  For a guy who would probably get a 3 year deal worth about40 million total he isn't worth it.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Alex said:

He doesn't move the needle and the team isn't necessarily better with him on the roster.  For a guy who would probably get a 3 year deal worth about40 million total he isn't worth it.

3 years 40 million??  No way.  I'm thinking 3 years 24 Million.

He's old and injury prone.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Deng is currently making $10, he's  not getting less than that. 

Wake up and smell the reality of the projected $92 million dollar cap next season and $109 million in 2017 that still eludes you.

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

He is just going to get madly overpaid like everyone else.  

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Apparently everyone is going to seriously get paid. With that said, Deng is going to be 32 next season and is damaged goods. Even if his injuries at this point are no more than just nagging the investment in his aging body and game would still be counterproductive on a multi year contract. Three years of him would not get us closer as we were this year against the Cavs. That money could be better spent.   

11 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

But i thought he had too much african in him?  Or was it a little african?

You'd need to check with the Cleveland Cavs scout who actually made that assessment for clarification...:approved:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

hes only been with them 2 yrs.  

You're right, without his Bird and them signing Whiteside back, he's good as gone. With that said, Deng will have a lot of options and you can't help and think Bazemore is Bud's guy.

We could actually really use someone like Deng and his size/versatility to play the 3 or 4. I actually thought he had a pretty decent season for the Heat. But there is no way he is getting less than his $10M that he got this year and I think the $40M/3year is more realistic with this cap. I would rather use that $ on Baze.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You're right, without his Bird and them signing Whiteside back, he's good as gone. With that said, Deng will have a lot of options and you can't help and think Bazemore is Bud's guy.

I like Baze.  But I have to believe that with his youth, he starts at 12 Million and that means that we probably won't get a good shot at him unless he takes a paycut.   Baze to me would be our Perfect swingman... However, when I look at Deng, I see a guy who has the size and the talent to play the position when we need defense.

Him and Sap on the floor together is havoc to other teams.  You know why... because he's got a little African in him.

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I like Baze.  But I have to believe that with his youth, he starts at 12 Million and that means that we probably won't get a good shot at him unless he takes a paycut.   Baze to me would be our Perfect swingman... However, when I look at Deng, I see a guy who has the size and the talent to play the position when we need defense.

Him and Sap on the floor together is havoc to other teams.  You know why... because he's got a little African in him.

I believe we can pay Baze quite a bit more than $12M. If we renounce Kirk and Baze's cap hold, then we will have close to $15M in space (including the $1.2M allocated to 1st round pick). If we need more, then we have the option of not taking Muscala, Patterson or Mike Scott's team option. We could also renounce Humph. This is based on a $92M estimated cap. Just like with Al, I think it will come down to Budcox and whether or not they want Baze with that amount of $.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I believe we can pay Baze quite a bit more than $12M. If we renounce Kirk and Baze's cap hold, then we will have close to $15M in space (including the $1.2M allocated to 1st round pick). If we need more, then we have the option of not taking Muscala, Patterson or Mike Scott's team option. We could also renounce Humph. This is based on a $92M estimated cap. Just like with Al, I think it will come down to Budcox and whether or not they want Baze with that amount of $.

I hope.   I would like to get Baze back...  I would love to get Horf back on a reasonable deal.    Witht hat, if we could spend less money and bring in a prospect guy like Lance Thomas.. I would feel better.

I was looking at the fact that we're bringing in Cheick Dallilo.. I probably busted up his name.   That's a good stash guy (NBADL).

• Moderators
On 5/21/2016 at 5:23 PM, Diesel said:

I know as a city, we have somewhat vilified Deng.

How has the city of Atlanta made Deng appear a villain?  I've not heard anybody crap on him for what happened to Ferry.  That was internal politics and Ferry's bad judgment driving the bus and nobody blames Deng.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I hope.   I would like to get Baze back...  I would love to get Horf back on a reasonable deal.    Witht hat, if we could spend less money and bring in a prospect guy like Lance Thomas.. I would feel better.

I was looking at the fact that we're bringing in Cheick Dallilo.. I probably busted up his name.   That's a good stash guy (NBADL).

I'll keep saying this until it sinks in.  Whatever we choose to pay Al over his caphold of $18 million WILL NOT LIMIT who we can sign in free agency THIS year.

Pay him $18 million - our capspace to sign free agents is the same, pay him $23.75 million our capspace is the same, pay him $27 million our capspace is the same.  Pay him $111 million - our capspace is the same.

Let's say the Hawks decide to renounce Al and sign Festus to $17 mil as reports says he might get, all we've gain in capspace is $1 million since we would have to use that capspace created by releasing Al to sign him.