• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague & Splitter may handicap the off season free agency

JTB

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was badly injured here for essentially the entire season.  Played hurt and then had to be shut down for the year.  What he is as a player outside of the confines of SA hasn't been shown.  

True but he's 31 years old and in the last 2 years has had a back injury and hip injury that has caused him to miss significant time.   So I'm not sure what we'll get from him if he's a Hawk next year.    I'd rather take my chances with a more physical backup big.

• Like 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

True but he's 31 years old and in the last 2 years has had a back injury and hip injury that has caused him to miss significant time.   So I'm not sure what we'll get from him if he's a Hawk next year.    I'd rather take my chances with a more physical backup big.

I don't think he had a back injury in SAS, it was a calf injury.

I have no issue dumping Splitter for an upgrade, the question is who would we get as that physical backup big and how much are you paying?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think he had a back injury in SAS, it was a calf injury.

I have no issue dumping Splitter for an upgrade, the question is who would we get as that physical backup big and how much are you paying?

I get all my info from wikipedia so i know it's right!

After missing the first 20 out of 21 games of the 2014–15 season with a back injury, Splitter played out the rest of the season until missing the final six games of the regular season with a calf injury. He returned for the playoffs but the Spurs were knocked out in the first round by the Los Angeles Clippers in seven games.[9][10]

The way i look at it are we that much worse with Humphries as opposed to Splitter.   Maybe Splitter is the better defender and a more natural center but what would the dollar difference be and what are the chances that Splitter returns to form?   There again Splitter may have more trade value at the deadline rather than the off season.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I get all my info from wikipedia so i know it's right!

The way i look at it are we that much worse with Humphries as opposed to Splitter.   Maybe Splitter is the better defender and a more natural center but what would the dollar difference be and what are the chances that Splitter returns to form?   There again Splitter may have more trade value at the deadline rather than the off season.

You got me, lol.

Humps original contract was $4.4 mil before he got bought out.  We got him for a prorated amount from $1 million I think.

I have no idea how much he will command as a FA with the crazy money this offseason..  He's the same age as Splitter.

Yeah, doesn't seem like a team would trade for Tiago with the idea he will give them good minutes more than half a season. Still Humph should be affordable for what he gives us if we just play him decent minutes even though he is the size of a PF. He plays like he is bigger and he could help keep Tiago's minutes down and hopefully reduce the injury risk. If we have them both then Moose could go somewhere else assuming Scott is able to play next season. 

• Moderators

Seems like Humphries has been pretty durable and his offense and strength is better than Splitter.    Then trade Splitter at the deadline for someone looking for an expiring.  Maybe bring back a true backup center or other need.  

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like Humphries has been pretty durable and his offense and strength is better than Splitter.    Then trade Splitter at the deadline for someone looking for an expiring.  Maybe bring back a true backup center or other need.  

You gotta give me a name to go with 'a true back up center'

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

No i don't.   I have a job you know.   I can't just do all of Budcox's jobs for them.

You have to do some, lol.

The thing with Splitter and us guys/gals that believe he should be traded is simply because we have guys behind him. Humphries in a half season showed toughness,rebounding,and scoring ability that splitter couldn't provide injured (and scoring when healthy). Plus he'd be at a MUCH CHEAPER price to retain next season. Also we have a 7'3" monster were all dying to see get some playing time time, and even though he is raw he could definitely provide something with that size. 

And on Teague this is the year to send him off to NYK,PHI,or MIL. Because he has an expiring contract and we could get something for him and the fact that next years FA pool will be much better than this seasons in regards to PGs. So send him to NYK or MIL for Middleton or Affalo an call it a deal. 

Just now, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

The thing with Splitter and us guys/gals that believe he should be traded is simply because we have guys behind him. Humphries in a half season showed toughness,rebounding,and scoring ability that splitter couldn't provide injured (and scoring when healthy). Plus he'd be at a MUCH CHEAPER price to retain next season. Also we have a 7'3" monster were all dying to see get some playing time time, and even though he is raw he could definitely provide something with that size. 

And on Teague this is the year to send him off to NYK,PHI,or MIL. Because he has an expiring contract and we could get something for him and the fact that next years FA pool will be much better than this seasons in regards to PGs. So send him to NYK or MIL for Middleton or Affalo an call it a deal. 

Affalo sucks and he's a free agent. There is a massive difference between Affalo and Middleton. That's like saying get Paul George or George Hill. One is not the other.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Affalo sucks and he's a free agent. There is a massive difference between Affalo and Middleton. That's like saying get Paul George or George Hill. One is not the other.

Ok well what I'm saying is ship Jeff off for a solid wing so we can continue competing. Our cap space will sort itself out in a few years with Korver/Millsap climbing up the age ladder and all these bubbles guys like Muscala,Sefolosha,etc. contracts running out we'll need guys like Middleton to keep us afloat in the long run

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

The issue is not about trading Teague it's about doing it for just capspace or middling stuff like Afflalo. It makes no sense. NY has nothing we want beside Zinger.

Afflalo is 31 and there is a big difference not only in age but skillset with Middleton. And like Supes said he is a FA looking for a payday.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The issue is not about trading Teague it's about doing it for just capspace or middling stuff like Afflalo. It makes no sense. NY has nothing we want beside Zinger.

Afflalo is 31 and there is a big difference not only in age but skillset with Middleton. And like Supes said he is a FA looking for a payday.

Again I was just making wings that would help. But that's the main focus. If you can send Jeff somewhere for a guy like Oladipo or Middleton I believe it's a no brainer. Pull the trigger 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Again I was just making wings that would help. But that's the main focus. If you can send Jeff somewhere for a guy like Oladipo or Middleton I believe it's a no brainer. Pull the trigger 

Really do understand trying to figure out a vet to give solid minutes at SF. The problem we would run into if we trade Teague for a swing tweener is if our first rounder is a SF as we mostly agree then our backup PGs are probably a second round pick and a middling vet. So our strong forty eight minutes on the floor at PG becomes at the least weaker and a serious concern going into next season. 

3 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Love the Teague for Middleton trade! But the Bucks will never do that unfortunately for us. Don't like the oladipo trade for Teague cause I think he can be had for a cheaper less valuable player from our roster. If anything I think oladipo + filler for Teague.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good point I only suggested the cap space trade in effort for the Hawks to find a way to sign both Howard and batum to a decent contract for their skill level and one they may sign with the idea of really being able to compete and play for a championship contender considering the awesome team they could become.

Now I know its not going to happen I was just throwing it out there cause I want to see the Hawks at least a legit threat. All in all I'm still holding out hope that the Hawks sign Howard.

i rather find another journey man wing to play SF myself and sign a good big man.