• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Injury?

HopefulHawksFan

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What I don't like about this is the tone from Jeff in which the  information was put out..  Like he's blaming the Hawks for something.

What the hell is "they won't tell y'all"  and   #theywon'tsaythatpart.     All that does, is create "the Hawks have a disgruntled player so let's  offer peanuts on the dollar.

Take the Kyle Korver situation, everyone knew that he was having the ankle surgery after getting it busted by DirtyDova.  Did anyone hear about his injured elbow that he played with since just before or after the Allstar break? No.  We only knew he had something wrong with his elbow when the Hawks announced that he was going to have elbow surgery to remove "lose bodies".

All Teague could have done is post a picture saying 'already started rehab',  all the other subterfuge was unnecessary,

Kyle is a very good example of a completely team oriented professional. Jeff's post whether intending to show his frustration, animosity or whatever else was a mistake. Social media can be your own worst enemy sometimes. In other jobs outside of pro sports if you make  derogatory comments about your employer online you probably lose your job the next day. Good thing for him that kind of cause and effect aren't seen much at all in the NBA.     

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, after all this it looks like Jeff will probably be here until that 2017 FA period. 

Maybe he should not think about how bad Philly is, but how much money he could make after getting 36+ mins and impressive stats there. His FA value could take a big hit if he loses his starting spot here (what isn't impossible, especially after his tweets...)

So maybe he will be the biggest loser of this incident

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There's a whole lot of assumption going on about Jeff.  First off, a rumor has to be a real possibility.   IF it were real, we would have heard something else by now.  Moreover, if it were real, he would have had to take a physical anyway.  I don't think it was real, Jeff's people would have told him if it were real and therefore, no need to assume that he doesn't want to go to Philly. Like I said before, the nature of this type of injury is not chronic nor is it something that can't be treated very easily with time.   Doesn't even require surgery.. So knowing that he played all season on it and had a very good season where he developed hi three point shooting to go with the Speed and everything else... GMs would be licking their chops.

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's a whole lot of assumption going on about Jeff.  First off, a rumor has to be a real possibility.   IF it were real, we would have heard something else by now.  Moreover, if it were real, he would have had to take a physical anyway.  I don't think it was real, Jeff's people would have told him if it were real and therefore, no need to assume that he doesn't want to go to Philly. Like I said before, the nature of this type of injury is not chronic nor is it something that can't be treated very easily with time.   Doesn't even require surgery.. So knowing that he played all season on it and had a very good season where he developed hi three point shooting to go with the Speed and everything else... GMs would be licking their chops.

It's a rumor for a reason - true or not.

We know there were some discussions involving Teague at the trade deadline this season.

You won't hear confirmations or denials from ANY teams regarding a trade.  Teams are taking calls from every team at this time of year.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yep.  No reason to worry about a guy who says his patella is torn on a one year contract.  

Diesel - I get you love Teague but this is just denial about what injury uncertainty does to a player's trade appeal let alone the sniping at the team "what they won't say..." stuff.  All that drags his trade value down given a 1 year time horizon.

The difference between that and a physical is that the physical comes at the end of negotiations when a deal is already struck and has the investment and approval of GM, ownership, etc.  Once you are that far down the line, it is going to take more to disrupt deal pricing than it will at the front end when you are injecting uncertainty regarding both health and attitude into the mix.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It's a rumor for a reason - true or not.

We know there were some discussions involving Teague at the trade deadline this season.

You won't hear confirmations or denials from ANY teams regarding a trade.  Teams are taking calls from every team at this time of year.

Oh.  I can tell you why it's a rumor.  Some reporter said.. The Hawks have 2 PGs... Philly has 2 Bigs....Hawks need frontcourt help.  Coangelo has said that he would like a vet PG.. Oh.. here we go...  Uhm... Hawks trade Teague for.....  Either Okafor or Noel.  I'll say Noel because he has more experience.

However, let's talk about why this doesn't fly...

1.  Teague is a 1 year player;  Schröder would have made more sense.

2.  Okafor is less stable.  Philly would have looked to trade him first.

The reporter should have played the angle that Hawks trade Dennis for Okafor.  Then said " Hawks management believes that Millsap and Horford could be good mentors (off the court) for Okafor.  But this rumor is just made up from information that's out there and Hawks fans eat it like candy.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Oh.  I can tell you why it's a rumor.  Some reporter said.. The Hawks have 2 PGs... Philly has 2 Bigs....Hawks need frontcourt help.  Coangelo has said that he would like a vet PG.. Oh.. here we go...  Uhm... Hawks trade Teague for.....  Either Okafor or Noel.  I'll say Noel because he has more experience.

The reporter should have played the angle that Hawks trade Dennis for Okafor.  Then said " Hawks management believes that Millsap and Horford could be good mentors (off the court) for Okafor.  But this rumor is just made up from information that's out there and Hawks fans eat it like candy.

It's  a rumor because Teague was available at the trade deadline - there is no disputing that.  

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh Diesel(s), you may as well say no rumor is ever true then.  The type of made-up sh*t you're talking about is reserved for low-level guys not national guys (like Shams) who actually have sources and who value their reputations.  A reporter will only last so long doing that kind of made-up stuff.

You would've come off better saying the guy was fed a false rumor.  Actually, it's not too late.  Go ahead and edit your post to say that.  Thank me later.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm just wondering what GM in the world is "licking his chops" over a 27 year old guard coming off a knee tear on a one year deal.

One who wants to get him for a 2nd round pick or give us trash for him.

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm just wondering what GM in the world is "licking his chops" over a 27 year old guard coming off a knee tear on a one year deal.

Probably no one who is looking for a big minute starter at this point.

• Like 1

Heeey, guess what I saw on the front cover of yahoo.com just now ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jeff-teague-says-he-played-this-season-with-a-bad-knee-injury-225147366.html

#ThanksJeff

Still don't really know what to think of this.  If he was angry at the organization, he wouldn't torpedo his trade value.  So I guess he wants to stay?

A source described the nature of Teague's injury to ESPN as a partial tear. Teague has also said previously that injuries to his ankles and knees hampered him this season.

He did not require surgery following an MRI taken after the season and is currently resting, but he should be back on the court soon, a source said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16070878/jeff-teague-atlanta-hawks-says-played-torn-patellar-tendon

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Heeey, guess what I saw on the front cover of yahoo.com just now ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jeff-teague-says-he-played-this-season-with-a-bad-knee-injury-225147366.html

#ThanksJeff

Still don't really know what to think of this.  If he was angry at the organization, he wouldn't torpedo his trade value.  So I guess he wants to stay?

Jekyll and Hyde I tell ya.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, hawkman said:

You get dogged if you don't use injury as an excuse and you get dogged when you do admit to having an injury. You can't win.

Nobody bashes him for this if he doesn't do it shortly after reports of trade talks heat up.  When he shared some info immediately after the season, no one complained.  The timing here could not have been calculated to be worse for Atlanta's leverage in pre-draft discussions.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Nobody bashes him for this if he doesn't do it shortly after reports of trade talks heat up.  When he shared some info immediately after the season, no one complained.  The timing here could not have been calculated to be worse for Atlanta's leverage in pre-draft discussions.  

I can understand that. I also understand that the Hawks will have to trade core players to get talent back. But I can't fault Teague for putting out whatever information he felt he had to in order to have some control over his own destiny since he obviously likes playing for the Hawks. That doesn't make him a bad guy. Anybody would do the same.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I can understand that. I also understand that the Hawks will have to trade core players to get talent back. But I can't fault Teague for putting out whatever information he felt he had to in order to have some control over his own destiny since he obviously likes playing for the Hawks. That doesn't make him a bad guy. Anybody would do the same.

What he put out hurts his trade value and the team in two ways:. (1) he suggests the franchise is doing him wrong or that he has issues with management with the #whatheywon'ttellyou junk and (2) by raising the prospect that he is damaged goods.  As a fan of the team, I resent that.

• Like 4