• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wonder what Bud said to Teague

BigDog90

• Moderators

Chalk it up to poor reading comprehension on my part, but based on past comments from Teague and his Chronicles, I do wonder whether the "They" that "won't tell you..." was never intended to be The Hawks, but the far more nebulous team of The Haters, particularly after the way the postseason curtain folded.

FullSizeRender_3.0.jpg

(image capture via Peachtree Hoops)

I don't doubt that Jeff adores Bud, and rightfully so. As far as coaching adoration goes, though, if he likes Bud, then he would absolutely love Bud's bud, Brett Brown.

~lw3

Just now, NBASupes said:

I keep telling you guys that Jeff isn't the only one on the block. Just about everyone but Kyle and our free agents is. 

We need more detail, please.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I keep telling you guys that Jeff isn't the only one on the block. Just about everyone but Kyle and our free agents is. 

I believe it. Hawks got room to get better.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The only player close to untradeable on our roster is Dennis. I would be happy with a full blown rebuild. Kevin Durant ain't walking through that door.

Sorry but Dennis' Contract makes him more tradable than Teague... Especially for Young talent.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Sorry but Dennis' Contract makes him more tradable than Teague... Especially for Young talent.

That is premised on the notion that he is a more desirable asset than Teague.  That would be equally true for Atlanta and for other teams.  Both guys have expiring deals and face the prospect of big pay raises - only Dennis is a RFA so you have more control.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is premised on the notion that he is a more desirable asset than Teague.  That would be equally true for Atlanta and for other teams.  Both guys have expiring deals and face the prospect of big pay raises - only Dennis is a RFA so you have more control.

Yep.

Take for instance Philly.  They want a PG.  

Why is Teague more desirable than Dennis?  He's not.  At the least, they can parlay Dennis into 2 more years of play.  Teague can be one and done and with a rookie team and an increasing cap, that's more likely.

That thing goes for any team looking at Teague.  Sure you get his birdrights but if he's not happy at the end of this year, he can be gone... .So trading for him is not something that you want to bet the farm on.

However, If I'm Philly I'm calling for Dennis all day.  Dennis + Simmons + whichever Big we keep...   That's a future. 

That's why I don't believe the rumors in the first place.  It doesn't make sense.  Neither does it make sense that they would offer Noel instead of Okafor.  Okafor just had surgery. Okafor has had off the court issues.  IF there were a trade, it would be Dennis for Okafor.  Because with all his issues, Okafor is still a great talent and they could probably throw Covengton in but they would probably take our first back...

But that's not what was proposed.  The reporter who made that up didn't think things through clearly.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yep.

Why is Teague more desirable than Dennis?  He's not.  At the least, they can parlay Dennis into 2 more years of play.  Teague can be one and done and with a rookie team and an increasing cap, that's more likely.

That thing goes for any team looking at Teague.  Sure you get his birdrights but if he's not happy at the end of this year, he can be gone... .So trading for him is not something that you want to bet the farm on.

However, If I'm Philly I'm calling for Dennis all day.  Dennis + Simmons + whichever Big we keep...   That's a future. 

That's why I don't believe the rumors in the first place.  It doesn't make sense.  Neither does it make sense that they would offer Noel instead of Okafor.  Okafor just had surgery. Okafor has had off the court issues.  IF there were a trade, it would be Dennis for Okafor.  Because with all his issues, Okafor is still a great talent and they could probably throw Covengton in but they would probably take our first back...

But that's not what was proposed.  The reporter who made that up didn't think things through clearly.

They may be facing a max contract for Dennis after this season as well.  The RFA is nice but not as nice in an era of an exploding cap.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Yep.

Philly is a young team with a lot of young bigs to which they are  adding another in this years draft.  With the Colangelo's in  charge they don't want younger - they are looking to add veterans to help guide these 'bigs with potential.'   I think it was the elder Colangelo who said 'you can have all the bigs with potential you want but if you don't have a competent PG they'll never maximize their potential.   There is also some connection between Teague's father and Coach Brown.

Brown and Shawn Teague, were roommates at Boston University, where the two played for coach Rick Pitino.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

They may be facing a max contract for Dennis after this season as well.  The RFA is nice but not as nice in an era of an exploding cap.

And??  Do you think Philly is crying Broke?  They have 72 rookie contracts.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Philly is a young team with a lot of young bigs to which they are  adding another in this years draft.  With the Colangelo's in  charge they don't want younger - they are looking to add veterans to help guide these 'bigs with potential.'   I think it was the elder Colangelo who said 'you can have all the bigs with potential you want but if you don't have a competent PG they'll never maximize their potential.   There is also some connection between Teague's father and Coach Brown.

I think Dennis is not considered that much of a rookie anymore.

There may be some admiration from the coach, however, Colangelo will be the one making the decision.  Moreover, I think that they may already be looking for life after Brown.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Diesel said:

And??  Do you think Philly is crying Broke?  They have 72 rookie contracts.

Then they can afford to take the better player and retain him.  Do you not see the cognitive dissonance here?  If money is no object, they should want the better player.  If they are scared of paying big dollars, they should share that concern about both Teague and Dennis.

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Everyone is on the block. That was what I was told as recently as Monday. Everyone but Kyle and our FAs. 

Even:

Jenny-From-The-Block-Video-jennifer-lope

• Like 1