• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Traded to Pacers!!!!

Wurider05

2 minutes ago, RWF said:

We just better not put all of our eggs into the Horford basket.

DRAFT SOMEONE! If we trade both picks for a vet, and Horford bails, WHAT A JOKE!

I frankly hope we put none of our eggs into the Horford basket.  (Unless keeping him could somehow attract a better than fair-to-middlin' free agent.)

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Free agents have not been breaking down our doors to come here.

Most of the Cav's free agents are past their prime and aren't the players we got to have to possibly get past the Cavs. The draft, trades and signing their home man child hero has been their recipe for a title and it has worked with a generational player in the likes of LeBron. We have to do what we can do without LeBron being here. 

8 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

Who cares about cap space when over half the league has millions and millions to spend this offseason. Out of all of the seasons to try to clear cap space... this is the one season where it really doesn't mean SH!T!!

And like Watchman said, it's not like big time free agents ever come to Atlanta. We'll end up maxing Barnes or some other stupid crap.

And if we don't have enough capsapce for players you want to upgrade the team - still complain. 

48 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Now the Hawks can swap our two first round picks and a resigned Horford for

some player no one else wants.  Will everyone then be happy ??

:battingeyelashes:

That can't happen until mid-late December though.

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

No one knows what we are doing.  Jeff didn't even know.

Sources close to Jeff Teague tell me the trade to Indy this morning was a total shocker. But he feels good to be home

Wait until it dawns on him that the Pacers new coach is McMillan.  One of the fastest players in the league restricted to walking the ball up the court slowly, and no fast breaks.  Teague might not want to stay with the Pacers beyond this year.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And if we don't have enough capsapce for players you want to upgrade the team - still complain. 

Like I just said...when was the last time any big time free agents came to Atlanta anyway? We always sign the 10th man off some other team and hope they develop into a role player for us. Woop-dee-doo. 

What players do you envision wanting to come here that our cap space would not allow? I'm all ears.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Most of the Cav's free agents are past their prime and aren't the players we got to have to possibly get past the Cavs. The draft, trades and signing their home man child hero has been their recipe for a title and it has worked with a generational player in the likes of LeBron. We have to do what we can do without LeBron being here. 

Bron and the Cavs will be tough to beat the next few seasons HOWEVER some team built the right will replace them at some point. Will the Hawks continue their same old lets just  make the playoff ways or build the team to be a force in a few years when the Cavs become vulnerable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I frankly hope we put none of our eggs into the Horford basket.  (Unless keeping him could somehow attract a better than fair-to-middlin' free agent.)

+1

I really want to go young and rebuild. Tons of teams are better than us, and tons of teams are already on the youth train. We are stuck in the mud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

Like I just said...when was the last time any big time free agents came to Atlanta anyway? We always sign the 10th man off some other team and hope they develop into a role player for us. Woop-dee-doo. 

What players do you envision wanting to come here that our cap space would not allow? I'm all ears.

It's either we're in it or we aren't.

15 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

not to be picky.. but we sign Millsap , and he was a lot better than a 10th man.If we can sign someone of Millsap's caliber then,  that would make us better. 
But , still not a legit contender .

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Free agents have not been breaking down our doors to come here.

Not just free agents, we can take players back in trades with cap space too. Like I said, we will see how they use it but we needed it and now have it.

2 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

In what exactly? Not trying to argue or anything I'm just legitimately interested in another point-of-view.

In with  a chance to get a free agent  or stay the same.