• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Traded to Pacers!!!!

Wurider05

This trade better not have been made to "impress" Horford. He sure as hell wasn't trying to impress the Hawks this pass year .  Lol

We still better not resign him for the Max though. 

Also, if we're trading the picks, it better be for a move up. 

• Like 1

Y'all need to chill man, to early to fully assess this trade anyway. We all knew Jeff was going to be moved at some point so let's get over that part of it. Secondly a first round lottery pick is a good asset. We don't know what they're going to do with that yet so we have to wait on it. We cleared cap space and added a very valuable asset for a player that we all knew was outta here one way or the other. Other moves may follow this as well so let's just chill out for a minute and let them do their jobs 

• Like 3

The only way this trade will really annoy me is if the Hawks are clearing  Teague's salary to sign Horford using STRICTLY CAPSPACE and not use his caphold to EXCEED the cap.

That would tell me a lot about the owners and the Hawks future.

We shall see.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only way this trade will really annoy me is if the Hawks are clearing  Teague's salary to sign Horford using STRICTLY CAPSPACE and not use his caphold to EXCEED the cap.

We shall see.

I fear this is the answer.    I really hope it's not.  

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I severely doubt this take. This is more for cap room in general and getting a wing via trade or FA.

I hope this is the case.   I'm tired of excuses

well they say in german media ( badly informed usually if its about the nba but maybe they payed some money bc its about schröder, but i doubt it) that its all for resigning horford for a max. even the 12th pick from the pacers gets traded so they will resign. I think that would be very risky but i dont even understand all the rules you guys got.

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We shall see.

I honestly can't imagine. They'd lose FAR more in the way of revenue than the 7 mill they'd save by doing this. 

Hawks fans just need one reason to walk away. They'd lose sooooo many fans by doing this. 

• Like 1

Just now, gonzo said:

well they say in german media ( badly informed usually if its about the nba but maybe they payed some money bc its about schröder, but i doubt it) that its all for resigning horford for a max. even the 12th pick from the pacers gets traded so they will resign. I think that would be very risky but i dont even understand all the rules you guys got.

We didn't need to trade Teague or our draft picks to max Horford. 

It's for additional free agents plus Al.

vor 1 Minute, JayBirdHawk sagte:

We didn't need to trade Teague or our draft picks to max Horford. 

It's for additional free agents plus Al.

thx jbh. as i said they are badly informated about the nba in general. but do we believe the hawks can draw a major fa? i doubt it, but really wanna be surprised:D German media even has dirk joining the warriors. So they really get the good drugs...

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Big mistake if the picks are going to just get traded away (and not packaged up for something good). Possible franchise killing mistake. This team doesn't necessarily need to rebuild but they need to get a little younger.

I think Marc Stein and the German media is misinformed though. There is an article that says this is about "impressing Al Horford".

Edited by Lurker

well if you ever wanna win, you either need a MAJOR fa or a rebuild so i like it either way. I think its quite easy to rebuild with the team if you can get 3 lottery picks in the next 3 years. But i am way to biased for this stuff. But the talent from europe is going to be huge especially germany. I truly believe lots of teeams still look for the the top picks, but the picks you have to park oversees for 2-3 years are way better in the future. But thats just my retarded opinion:D

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wtf...so we could pay Horford the max and still have $24 mill to go after Durant? 

No. Just his cap hold. Meaning, we can come to an agreement on the contract but his cap is 18 mil until he signs the deal. He can go over the cap to resign Al.

I will miss Teague, good luck too him and wish him all the best, teaming up with superstar paul george, i think pacers fans are really excited for next season.

Dennis finally got the starting position, now who will they build around dennis?

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

1 minute ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

I will miss Teague, good luck too him and wish him all the best, teaming up with superstar paul george, i think pacers fans are really excited for next season.

Dennis finally got the starting position, now who will they build around dennis?

We don't have a 'build around' player, yet - we have 'build with' players.