• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Yup.  The Spurs always show well, their game last night versus the Celtics was entertaining.  They added yet another good looking rookie.

Blasphemous I know, but Simmons' ceiling just may be Magic.  I didn't see any lack of assertiveness or aggression that was the nitpick in college.

Like everyone else, looking forward to seeing Ashley.  And somebody, anybody emerge as a viable third PG.

Pangos is interesting to me. Plays like JJ Redick at duke 

17 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Wait, is this the elusive CViv story break?

Here's the story.  Pending physicals and official league approval.  Strange this is taking so long.  It was a pretty early trade all things considered.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/prince-held-out-of-hawks-summer-league-opener/nrt2f/

• Moderators

"Someday, my Prince will come..."

in the meantime, in between time...

Stefon-Lazme-pred-suspenzijom.jpg

Look who's out to silence his doubters... an old-head at Summer League! 2016’s Eurocup Finals MVP, 33-year-old Stephane Lasme is so old, he remembers the last time Mike Woodson had hair... and, the last time Pat Riley’s job was in jeopardy.

Lasme scored his NBA career-high 12 points on the final game of the 2007-08 season while with the Miami heat. The visiting Hawks could care less, really, since they had clinched a playoff spot for the first time in nine years, and Woody was about to make good on a promise to shave his half-fro down to Steve Harvey level. Two years removed from an NBA title, Miami was riddled with injuries (Dwyane Wade, Zo, Haslem, Shawn Marion, etc.) and had traded Shaq in mid-season, leaning on Ricky Davis and limping to a tie of their worst-ever season, 15-67 matching their inaugural campaign. Riley was supposed to hear whether he'd be asked back by Micky Arison in the days that followed.

Things kinda worked out for Project Pat and Miami. Meanwhile, Lasme’s best NBA regular-season game turned out to be his last. The Gabonese 6-foot-8 forward-center and former UMass star once tied Jason Kidd’s NCAA record with 4 triple-doubles in a single season, and he broke Marcus Camby’s Minutemen record for blocks. A second-round Warriors draftee in 2007, he played a handful of games before getting waived, joining the D-League, and then getting his ten-day and season-closeout contracts in Miami.

Since then, he’s played for overseas powerhouses like Partizan, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Panathinaikos, and currently, Galatasaray in Turkey. While with Pana, Lasme was tabbed as the Euroleague’s Best Defender in 2013 and was the regular-season and Finals MVP for the Greek League. His star turn at Eurocup continues to help him put the hush on those who think he's past his basketball prime.

~lw3

Anyone watching this Karl Anthony towns thing? 

Holy crap that guy has the best on camera presence I've ever seen. 

If I ever saw a guy like that in an interview I'd give him a blank check. 

Edited by Afro

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Dwight interviewed during 2nd Quarter now.

Said he's going to have a new number this year.

Yep, he also said he has spoken with Paul, Baze and THJr.