• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

That's going to expose the defense because Al Horford covered up Kyle Korver like a glove defensively on the perimeter.

If they get past korver(and they will) they will meet dwight. So its your move. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

If they get past korver(and they will) they will meet dwight. So its your move.

Dwight can't block 10 shots a game. Watch the game closely in the playoffs. The plan by smart teams is to go at Korver on defense.

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Meh, it's one game. And Edy is the kind of player that looks much better with better quality players around him. I'm still looking forward to seeing what he looks like in the real games this season.

So you think he'll get PT this year? IDK

Edited by DrReality

Like Bembry a lot..(apologize for comparing him to Childress my bad)

Like Costello (but I doubt he makes it)

Lost all hope for Edy..(the guy is stiff, he can't shoot or pass or catch the ball clean)..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

It would be. If Bud wants to continue being allergic to rookies, start Sefolosha at SF.

I don't care about the fact "in Bud's system, the 2 and 3 are interchangeable". That's a lame excuse that allows him to start his buddy Kyle Korver and play him a lot.

I think Thabo will be a great defensive line up. It's the offensive end where Korver will have the edge. His spacing will be even more needed now that D12 is here.

Bembry - Smooth dude.  Excellent defender with the ability to play/defend 1, 2 and 3 and not look lost at any of those positions. Had Dekker, McDaniels and Beasley guarding him on occasions and still put up a decent stat line vs those NBA players.  Shot isn't as bad as people are saying,  the contested 3 he hit came with a smooth shooting stroke.  Very good in transition and finishes with athleticism. Couldn't do any better with the 21st pick. Perfect fit for our system.

Costello - Surprised that he played like he did.  The guy was just solid and looked like he had done this before

Patterson - Had his granddaddy game on deck.  Heady player

Edy - Not as bad as most were saying he was.  He shut down the paint when he was in the game.  Offensively, he just needs to learn to never pull the ball down below his neck.  When he pulled the ball down, he had some issues, but when he kept it high in the paint, he finished.  He needs more PT.

Pangos - Closed out the game.  Came thru in the clutch and hit some big shots.  Was also impressed with his left hand finish at the rim.  Nice game

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gHost83 said:

Bembry - Smooth dude.  Excellent defender with the ability to play/defend 1, 2 and 3 and not look lost at any of those positions. Had Dekker, McDaniels and Beasley guarding him on occasions and still put up a decent stat line vs those NBA players.  Shot isn't as bad as people are saying,  the contested 3 he hit came with a smooth shooting stroke.  Very good in transition and finishes with athleticism. Couldn't do any better with the 21st pick. Perfect fit for our system.

Costello - Surprised that he played like he did.  The guy was just solid and looked like he had done this before

Patterson - Had his granddaddy game on deck.  Heady player

Edy - Not as bad as most were saying he was.  He shut down the paint when he was in the game.  Offensively, he just needs to learn to never pull the ball down below his neck.  When he pulled the ball down, he had some issues, but when he kept it high in the paint, he finished.  He needs more PT.

Pangos - Closed out the game.  Came thru in the clutch and hit some big shots.  Was also impressed with his left hand finish at the rim.  Nice game

I'd also add Cotton to that list. He's a score first PG, but dude can get buckets. Reminds me of Iverson, not saying he's anywhere near AI but he kind of moves like him. 

A while back someone mentioned they thought Bembry could get some minutes at PG. Thinking like that might actually happen during the season. He handled his playing time really well all over the court. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Thomas said:

A while back someone mentioned they thought Bembry could get some minutes at PG. Thinking like that might actually happen during the season. He handled his playing time really well all over the court. 

Wilcox all but said as much at the introductions presser, mentioning more than once about how impressed they were with his ability to distribute the ball.

25 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

The one thing I got from that Dwight video:. There's a guy who shoots free throws underhand?!

Yes,  guy on Rockets- Unauko (sp)?

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

The one thing I got from that Dwight video:. There's a guy who shoots free throws underhand?!

Yeah, he's just a smart young man.  I may be nitpicking but I didn't like Dwight being sarcastic about it either.  When Weiner said the kid shot 59% in college last year and asked Dwight if he'd ever tried it, he foolishly scoffed at the idea like he's some style maven or something.  59% is higher than his career average.  He also didn't exactly have a joking tone when talking about taking threes. So help me God...

At some point I will stop being a little bitch, forget his past, and embrace him as a Hawk.  Just give me some time.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Cwell said:

Anyways, I like Bembry. I see him as more of a 2 than a 3. If only he can improve his jumper

Agreed. I loved the Bembry pick...People need to stop hating on Buds draft. He picked two guys that fit what we do perfectly. Now whether they pan out or not, thats a different story. But I like their chances...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I get it that 59% represents an ever-so-slight improvement over DH's 57% career FT%, but I too would hesitate to think that underhanded is a viable solution. Chamberlain's name came up, and not because it ever worked for him.... clearly it didn't.

11 hours ago, sturt said:

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention... but that's a different Dwight than I've ever heard talk.

Id like to agree, but he's always like that BEFORE the season.  Hope its different here, when and if things arent going so well...

Edited by terrell