• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block #3: Luol Deng is our big FA target

NBASupes

This was huge news to me. I been trying to figure out who we are targeting and it's Deng. Grant Hill and him have a great relationship and Miami wants to retain him. Miami and his agent have agreed to a range of 2/24 but Miami just doesn't have the cap room and Whiteside is pushing their hand as he really wants a max deal. Atlanta wants him for the same dollar value, but an extra year with for his BR. Deng has interest in Atlanta but there are teams who suck who are offering a lot more than Miami and Atlanta would be willing but they suck and no one who's a vet and good wants to play there.  You would be surprised who I heard is on the block and no it's not Sap or Kyle and I can't say.

Wilcox said it already so it's not news to no one but Atlanta wants to retain Al and Bazemore back. For Al, the max of course and for Baze, 10-12 mil. The market on Baze is around the same amount. Not too many teams want to overpay for Bazemore as there is a long list of average wings on the FA market. Other news is Atlanta is open to trades. This once again is NOT news since C. Viv already said this on 92.9 but it's news nonetheless. 

Ok well that's new ....not sure what to say about that ...at least we have some kind of plan but I was really hoping for some kind of young big that sap and al could help train up.

Edited by JTB

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok well that's new ....not sure what to say about that ...at least we have some kind of plan but I was really hoping for some kind of young big that sap and al could help train up.

I honestly thought he would never consider us after the leak but him and Ferry are on good terms, the ownership has changed and Grant Hill has been personally close to him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

we got several.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You would be surprised who I heard is on the block and no it's not Sap or Kyle and I can't say.

The only "surprise" I could think of would be Schröder being on the block and the Hawks going in a completely different direction PG wise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was huge news to me. I been trying to figure out who we are targeting and it's Deng. Grant Hill and him have a great relationship and Miami wants to retain him. Miami and his agent have agreed to a range of 2/24 but Miami just doesn't have the cap room and Whiteside is pushing their hand as he really wants a max deal. Atlanta wants him for the same dollar value, but an extra year with for his BR. Deng has interest in Atlanta but there are teams who suck who are offering a lot more than Miami and Atlanta would be willing but they suck and no one who's a vet and good wants to play there.  You would be surprised who I heard is on the block and no it's not Sap or Kyle and I can't say.

Wilcox said it already so it's not news to no one but Atlanta wants to retain Al and Bazemore back. For Al, the max of course and for Baze, 10-12 mil. The market on Baze is around the same amount. Not too many teams want to overpay for Bazemore as there is a long list of average wings on the FA market. Other news is Atlanta is open to trades. This once again is NOT news since C. Viv already said this on 92.9 but it's news nonetheless. 

So Dennis is on the block.

Just now, cam1218 said:

The only "surprise" I could think of would be Schröder being on the block and the Hawks going in a completely different direction PG wise.

No, Dennis is the starter. He's going nowhere. There is a possible three team deal out there that we are in. The PG has been in some trouble and the other PG is disgruntled.  There is a SF in the deal going to the other team. 

It's going to be a big deal. Two of the players in the deal asked for a trade request. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No, Dennis is the starter. He's going nowhere. There is a possible three team deal out there that we are in. The PG has been in some trouble and the other PG is disgruntled.  There is a SF in the deal going to the other team. 

It's going to be a big deal. Two of the players in the deal asked for a trade request. 

Okay, I'll bite.  Would the deal make Atlanta better?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DBac said:

Yeah my second guess was gonna be Thabo on the move and Darren Collison moving here to be our backup PG.

But the Kings don't have 2 PGs, Rondo is a FA.

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Maybe Pheonix or Denver.  I wonder if Denver will move Gary Harris after drafting Murray and Beasley in the first round.

I thought Phoenix as well. 

Harris is a SG , no?

There is two wings who will command more attention than Deng and Bazemore. Parsons and Batum can go anywhere they want. After those two go, the Bazemores and Dengs will be up next.

The RFAs will probably be matched; with all the cap room coming up in 2017, no sense in not keeping them. This is why we drafted two wings after Sabonis went. The pickings will be slim for starting wings.

Centers use to be the hardest position to fill with talent in the NBA, these days I think its the Small Forwards.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Okay, I'll bite.  Would the deal make Atlanta better?

Yeah, best backup PG if available. As of now, this deal has a slim chance of happening from what he said, the team wants to keep everyone but if someone leaves, they will look for a starter.

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can confirm the 'open to trades' part per Steve Koonin on radio earlier.

Recap

Were you dissapointed in not being able to move up? Yes. But we moved on to the next player on their board.

We set a value for our players and won't accept less just like they won't overpay for what they think a player they like is worth.

Now that draft dust is settled, they will still look to trades and FAs to fill out the roster.