• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in on Durant and Howard

DS5

51 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don't see it happening but if we retain Horford we would be the perfect fit for KD.  East, perfect supporting pieces, right system, right coach ... we would instantly be the best team in the East (Yes better then the Cavs) and contenders for the title.   

I am not that enthusiastic about Howard... He is going to get way overpaid this offseason

Signing Howard would be more than just about his game.  Signing Howard would show other big named free agents that its OK to come to Atlanta.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Signing Howard would be more than just about his game.  Signing Howard would show other big named free agents that its OK to come to Atlanta.

True, a lot of people don't understand that signing Dwight could also be a significant power move for us going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flight said:

True, a lot of people don't understand that signing Dwight could also be a significant power move for us going forward. 

Exactly. The perception around the league is that the Hawks are not serious about winning championships.  Bringing in Howard would make free agents pause and look at the situation.  Regardless of how people feel about Howard, he is STILL a big name and more marketable than any current Atlanta Hawk player.  Players would say, hey, if Dwight can sign in Atlanta, i can too.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

If we sign Howard I guess that means we let Al go or sign Al and trade Paul.  I rather have Al/Paul then Howard/Al or Howard/Paul

Since we're using Bird rights money to sign Horf, it isn't a necessity that we let him or Sap go if Howard were signed....

To the point of the posts immediately above, I just question whether Dwight is considered a "big name" at this point in his career. I for one don't see him that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Like it was for the Lakers and Rockets? 

Are those two teams not mentioned EVERY time a franchise player has an upcoming free agency? Not our fault they didn't have the type of team we do when they brought him in. 

• Premium Member

Btw.... *whistle blows*....

Another misleading header.

We are not yet "in".... we want in, evidently. There's a huge difference, of course.

It's a long month, boys and girls.... just asking for some precision and accuracy, okay?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

In addition to Grant Hill, as Stein notes, power players that would be among Atlanta's contingent include Koonin the Kloser, Durant's old Thunder bud Thabo, and Thunder retiree Malik Rose.

You can't rule out Atlanta's newest strip club owner either. T.I. signed a huge distribution deal in February with Roc Nation, and of course, K.D. is being represented by Roc Nation Sports as he navigates free agency.

~lw3

Yessssss!!!! I hope Durant shares the hobbies of Patrick Ewing and Charles Oakley mid 90's...:-) then it's a lock!!!

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I am under no delusions that Durant will sign with the Hawks, however it's important to make the effort to meet with him.  

You meet with him and make the pitch, players talk - it's about marketing the team for future free agents.  We are so far behind the 8-ball from the previous ownership, you want the players knowing THIS ownership group.

You want to hear after the meeting: the Hawks pitch  - awesome, that practice facility-wow, the owners and coaching staff - they know where they wanna go - stuff like that.  That's how we change the perception.  Baby steps - I know we all want the big name, just not easy.

Beat me to it.  Durant is probably already leaning somewhere and it's not us but just sitting down with him for a little bit helps.

Word spreads around the league and if he is able to leave the conversation with positive vibes and words about our organization then I'm cool with that.  All about building our image up which I think is slightly improving around the league.

49 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

If we sign Howard I guess that means we let Al go or sign Al and trade Paul.  I rather have Al/Paul then Howard/Al or Howard/Paul

NO....I want no part of Dwight in lieu of either Al and Paul.  I want him in ADDITION to Al AND Paul.  

A substitution is more of the same.

I never threaten this because I know I'll be a Hawks fan for life, but if we sign Dwight Howard, it's the closest I'd get to leaving and possibly joining @Sothron and taking my talents to the Minny lakes...:-)

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

NO....I want no part of Dwight in lieu of either Al and Paul.  I want him in ADDITION to Al AND Paul.  

A substitution is more of the same.

You do know that is 70+ million for just your front court. For 3 guys over 30. For 3 guys who can't play at the same time.

You gotta have balance in your roster.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I never threaten this because I know I'll be a Hawks fan for life, but if we sign Dwight Howard, it's the closest I'd get to leaving and possibly joining @Sothron and taking my talents to the Minny lakes...:-)

latest?cb=20140206214624

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

latest?cb=20140206214624

I can't...simply because I was a fan forever...I bleed volt now apparently lol. (Used to be red n yellow)

Pg.. Dennis

SG.. Kyle THjr

Sf Durant

Pf Sapp

C.. Bawse

I am sorry but that has me salivating.. I know it will never happen but that is an instant problem for the Cleveland Brons

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Btw.... *whistle blows*....

Another misleading header.

We are not yet "in".... we want in, evidently. There's a huge difference, of course.

It's a long month, boys and girls.... just asking for some precision and accuracy, okay?

Yeah, a coupla party fouls in this thread.  Latest being the notion that Howard is a free agent draw of any sort.

4 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Pg.. Dennis

SG.. Kyle THjr

Sf Durant

Pf Sapp

C.. Bawse

I am sorry but that has me salivating.. I know it will never happen but that is an instant problem for the Cleveland Brons

For this scenario to happen, I would make @kg01 do unthinkable things to some of Dolf's friends in the slamma..