• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in on Durant and Howard

DS5

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

For this scenario to happen, I would make @kg01 do unthinkable things to some of Dolf's friends in the slamma..

Let's be honest, you're already doing unspeakable things to them for free.  Ohhh.  Sadly, it seems our pal @hawksfanatic  is probably one cell over from Dolf.  Either that or somebody done moved the coat hanger and knocked interweb service out for everybody in the trailer park (hehe).

2 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Dude just said it is laughable that Atlanta is targeting Durant? FCK u NBA radio! Why is it so damn laughable? Why is the Hawks so hated and put down?

f*** u!!!

I'm glad I missed that.  Call it 'unlikely'.  Fine.  To say it's "laughable" is a guy with an agenda masking it as "journalism".

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Let's be honest, you're already doing unspeakable things to them for free.  Ohhh.  Sadly, it seems our pal @hawksfanatic  is probably one cell over from Dolf.  Either that or somebody done moved the coat hanger and knocked interweb service out for everybody in the trailer park (hehe).

I'm glad I missed that.  Call it 'unlikely'.  Fine.  To say it's "laughable" is a guy with an agenda masking it as "journalism".

Exactly.. It was blatant disrespect to our coach and players. If I was near him he would have been bitch slapped.

It was almost like a "know your place comment". 

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 3

People need to read the article and not just the title. Marc Stein said "...pursuit Howard to play alongside Horford..." Nowhere in the article does it even remotely mention or infer the possibility of "replacing Al for Dwight." Even on 92.9 Kamla saying that "this tells me that Hawks are losing their grip on Horford" referencing to Stein's report. 

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

People need to read the article and not just the title. Marc Stein said "...pursuit Howard to play alongside Horford..." Nowhere in the article does it even remotely mention or infer the possibility of "replacing Al for Dwight." Even on 92.9 Kamla saying that "this tells me that Hawks are losing their grip on Horford" referencing to Stein's report. 

That is just b.s. speculation. How does he know Bud had no plans to pursue Durant in the first place? Al is going no where

1 minute ago, IheartFerry said:

That is just b.s. speculation. How does he know Bud had no plans to pursue Durant in the first place? Al is going no where

He was referring to the Hawks potentially pursuing Howard...but yes, it is bs speculation anyway.

• Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Question:  Is Dwight Howard better/worse/or equal to-

1. Bogut

2. Tristan Thompson

3. Steven Adams

4. Valancuuinis sp?

5. Kelly Obroke? sp

6. Jordan

as of today...

1. Better

2. toss-up (Tristan Ds up only when he wants to) but leaning worse

3. worse

4. worse (finally now that Jonas has a pulse)

5. you spelled it right, and Better

6. worse (although a FT battle between these two would be fun)

~lw3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's laughable that Durant would consider Atlanta when it's fine for him to consider Boston. Yeah sure....did that playoff series from this year get swept under the rug? Boston isn't even close to being legitimate contenders, they're further away from the Hawks who are very far away.

Maybe Durant is a guy who does not like status quo and like to shake things up a bit.. This gang rape is getting old against the Hawks. The media is doing us no favors in landing a difference maker

2 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Maybe Durant is a guy who does not like status quo and like to shake things up a bit.. This gang rape is getting old against the Hawks. The media is doing us no favors in landing a difference maker

I mean, break the possibility down a little.  Doesn't mean you think the guy's coming to Atlanta.  To just outright dismiss it is silly.

Was it Jared Greenberg?  I'd be surprised if so.  He's usually pretty complimentary to the Hawks.  Well, he treats them like an actual franchise while others just ignore us.

10 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

It was Jared Greenburg. Douchenozzle

Wow now he is on Al.. Lol

Dang, I'm a fan of his (although he is a noozle a lot).  He was one who actually gave us the time of day.  He's at Hawks games all the time so if you see him crossing the street try hard to press the right pedal.

ETA: In his defense, he's decidedly not on the Selltics bandwagon and constantly calls them out on their fake-value "assets".

Edited by kg01

34 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Rick is one of the least knowledgeable guys in NBA staff position. Dude knows less than me who's not even employed by the NBA. I will reach out to my guy tomorrow. He didn't answer my call earlier. I need to know if this Durant stance is true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

NO....I want no part of Dwight in lieu of either Al and Paul.  I want him in ADDITION to Al AND Paul.  

A substitution is more of the same.

This! This! This!

You already know how I feel about this! I would absolutely love for this happen! Please happen!

pg-Dennis

Sg-Baze

Sf-Sap

Pf-Horford

C-Howard

I believe a bigger front court can work! You can easily spread Horford out to the 3pt line and allow millsap to continue to do his versatile offense and have howard positioned around the goal  like he should be as if splitter was in the game with sap and Al.

Defensively Sap probably cant play too long on the perimeter but honestly for me it depends on who he is guarding. Again I have seen sap guard Lebron, Melo, and Paul George very well throughout whole games. I get Sap probably cant play a whole game at SF but its about being Deeper and all 3 starting the game should be ok. I don't get why we wouldn't roll with a BIG front court lineup! 

Bring Dwight Home! Bring Dwight Home! Bring Dwight Home!.... 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Rick is one of the least knowledgeable guys in NBA staff position. Dude knows less than me who's not even employed by the NBA. I will reach out to my guy tomorrow. He didn't answer my call earlier. I need to know if this Durant stance is true.

Can you ask "your guy" to confirm the Dwight pursuit as well?

30 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's laughable that Durant would consider Atlanta when it's fine for him to consider Boston. Yeah sure....did that playoff series from this year get swept under the rug? Boston isn't even close to being legitimate contenders, they're further away from the Hawks who are very far away.

That sounds like a statement from a journalist with a crush on Bill Simmons.