• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

Just now, Twinblade said:

Because it's the pacers, or maybe I'm thinking philly.

Yes you probably are.. Indiana made the playoffs this year without the upgrade at point or center. Yes Teague is a clear upgrade to George Hill and Al can score some buckets.. Add a healthy Paul George and that squad can be some trouble

Just now, IheartFerry said:

Yes you probably are.. Indiana made the playoffs this year without the upgrade at point or center. Yes Teague is a clear upgrade to George Hill and Al can score some buckets.. Add a healthy Paul George and that squad can be some trouble

Doesn't really take much to earn a spot in the playoffs while playing in the east.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Doesn't really take much to earn a spot in the playoffs while playing in the east.

That's true but these are clear upgrades

18 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

How do you figure that? 

Teague

Thad Young

Paul George 

And big Al.. 

That squad is a three seed at worst.. Could be a two seed

Where's the defense and Al  Jeff will miss games.

53 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I'm not sold on Wade.  I think he has one more year left in the tank.  Then what do we do with him?

Who cares, honestly.  

Wade played at an All-Star level last season.  I'd rather overpay for a Hall of Famer who has won championships and could occasionally come up huge during the playoffs, than overpaying for young mediocre talent.

Watch what Baze gets.  In fact, watch what Marvin gets.  Wade is still better than both guys, and probably will be 2 yrs from now.

Plus Wade's name and presence sells tickets.

• Like 1

hace 20 minutos, IheartFerry dijo:

How do you figure that? 

Teague

Thad Young

Paul George 

And big Al.. 

That squad is a three seed at worst.. Could be a two seed

Myles Turner is the starter, not Big Al...

Alright with names being resigned and this FA pool diminishing to average players who wanna be overpaid I say we blow it up and build like Portland has. Lucky for us we already got a PG to build around. Now all that is needed is to trade Millsap for a guaranteed lottery pick or for a young wing Talent like Wiggins,Middleton,Booker,etc. come in Atlanta lets get younger and build like the T-Wolves and Blazers have! 

3 minutes ago, Ebert said:

Myles Turner is the starter, not Big Al...

That starting five is gonna be pretty good though.  Al Jeff is fine off the bench too.

• Like 1

hace 2 minutos, Alex dijo:

That starting five is gonna be pretty good though.  Al Jeff is fine off the bench too.

My only concern about them is Nate McMillan. If they had kept Vogel I would be sure they were a top team in the East. That roster is nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ebert said:

My only concern about them is Nate McMillan. If they had kept Vogel I would be sure they were a top team in the East. That roster is nice.

McMillan did a better job in POR than most remember.  There's not that big a step down from Vogel (if any).  IND will be pretty good this season.

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who cares, honestly.  

Wade played at an All-Star level last season.  I'd rather overpay for a Hall of Famer who has won championships and could occasionally come up huge during the playoffs, than overpaying for young mediocre talent.

Watch what Baze gets.  In fact, watch what Marvin gets.  Wade is still better than both guys, and probably will be 2 yrs from now.

Plus Wade's name and presence sells tickets.

Ouch! Well clearly you don't.  lol.

I'm not arguing if Wade is good or a star in this league, because he is.  I just don't see him as a good investment for the future.