• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If I'm Kint, I chase the money.  He seems like a loyal guy, may give the Hawks a chance to match or come close (which I don't think they should do).

DAldridge also reported the Nets were sniffing around Crabbe but POR says they'll match any offer.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All of that for Bazemore? Wth?!?!?

Because teams that lacking chemisty and know Baze is a leader and brings hawks culture as well - his ppts scored arent mattering as much as all his other intangibles he brings so they really want him, theres just not that many guys to choose from out here.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So Baze met only one teammate in that meeting. The scary, hairy one.

And I forgot all about D'Antoni being the new coach.  Go from defensive emphasis to no defense emphasis whatsoever.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Poor Hakeem...20+ years ago he was trying to sell Clyde and Barkley and Pippen on becoming Rockets...today...it's Kent Bazemore.

I swear the quality of everything gets shittier every day...razors...fast food chains...apparently NBA players..

Take me back to the 80's and 90's I wasn't built for this shit. Lol

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

And I forgot all about D'Antoni being the new coach.  Go from defensive emphasis to no defense emphasis whatsoever.

Kent played well under D'Antoni. He's much better now then he was then.

17 minutes ago, jy23 said:

All of that for Bazemore? Wth?!?!?

Well, to be fair, they were probably all expecting KD to be there.  Once he stiffed them, half o' them were prolly all like, "Welp, we here now so .."   The other half had no idea who Baze was, prolly thought it was KD.

:Baze: Wait, did he jus' call me 'Kevin'?

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Poor Hakeem...20+ years ago he was trying to sell Clyde and Barkley and Pippen on becoming Rockets...today...it's Kent Bazemore.

I swear the quality of everything gets shittier every day...razors...fast food chains...apparently NBA players..

Take me back to the 80's and 90's I wasn't built for this shit. Lol

You just stopped short of telling us all to get off your lawn, old man.:argh:

You ain't wrong tho ....

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, to be fair, they were probably all expecting KD to be there.  Once he stiffed them, half o' them were prolly all like, "Welp, we here now so .."   The other half had no idea who Baze was, prolly thought it was KD.

:Baze: Wait, did he jus' call me 'Kevin'?

You just stopped short of telling us all to get off your lawn, old man.:argh:

You ain't wrong tho ....

I don't want to use all of my likes in hopes of some good news, so....

like again.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I don't want to use all of my likes in hopes of some good news, so....

That's some bull, Bro-ses Malone.  Whatchu savin' tha 'likes' for?  A Marvin Williams return? :cool:

Current NBA TV contract is 9 years at 24 BILLION dollars.  

Thank Lebron James for that.  Every player in the league should give him 1% of every contract they sign in the next 2 years.

When Demarr Derozan is currently the highest player in the league at 29 million a year, despite arguably not even being the best player on his own team, thank Lebron for that.

And with Barnes and Baze about to get a Joe Johnson level contract, they should probably give Lebron a 10% cut.

At any rate, the NBA has become like international soccer.  Except in soccer, the superstars make huge dollars.  In the NBA, even marginal players can and will get paid.

• Like 3

Bud .... go get Dwyane Wade.  Pay the man.  Sell his name to the city to pump some excitement into the franchise.

His wife tapes her TV show (  Being Mary Jane ) in Atlanta.  It'll be nice to see Gabby at courtside, photobombing Wade and others.

If we're not competing for championships, at least make Philips Arena more of an attraction for celebrities.  

4 yrs at the MAX, with opt out after year 2.