HAWKS MADE SIGNIFICANT OFFER TO HORFORD

wolvetigers

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

I know the vertical is very reliable, but I call bs on this. Makes no sense, if anything, I can see him going to OKC or Warriors, but Celtics or wizards? Give me a break.... 

They don't have to cap. 

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

By the same token, it'll be nice to watch Howard destroy Horford 4 times a year 

Considering how much us Hawks fans have been through vs. Boston over the years, it would be hard to see Al in a Celtics jersey.

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Either team is a bummer. If he has to go, I would much more prefer he go out West.

It's almost like Al's agent picked two teams that might cause the Hawks to up their offer. I mean, it's not like there's several WC teams with interest...

Everyone needs to settle down. I'm a Realtor, and this is just negotiation 101. "I'll get up and walk outta here RIGHT now....." Relax, ignore those trying to get a scoop (wrong 99% of the time), the Hawks obviously aren't tanking and Budcox have a plan. Whether Bawse buys is up to him. And the Hawks will survive if he decides not to buy.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Everyone needs to settle down. I'm a Realtor, and this is just negotiation 101. "I'll get up and walk outta here RIGHT now....." Relax, ignore those trying to get a scoop (wrong 99% of the time), the Hawks obviously aren't tanking and Budcox have a plan. Whether Bawse buys is up to him. And the Hawks will survive if he decides not to buy.....

Agree. No matter what, we covered our bases and addressed a possible hole at center with Dwight. Horford obviously makes us better if he comes back, but we can't make him sign at gun point. And it does appear it's all a bit of negotiating tactics at this point. If it really was down to Boston and Washington, he would have never called us and told us he would have a decision by tonight. We are obviously still a big part of that decision.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

Considering how much us Hawks fans have been through vs. Boston over the years, it would be hard to see Al in a Celtics jersey.

I told @kg01 that when Danny wasn't able to move that 3rd pick in the draft for a elite scorer, that the Celtics were coming after Al.

• Premium Member

So, yeah.... never fail to understand the concept of posturing, and the power of putting the word out that the Celtics and the Bullets--two of your bigger competitors the last two playoffs--have emerged as the leading options.

I just don't understand the shopping Millsap angle. Makes no sense to me unless we are getting a stud SF on a cheap rookie contract back in the deal - which seems unlikely. This only makes sense if Millsap has made it clear he's signing for top dollar next year over staying here where he's been successful and in a stable organization.

Edited by RandomFan

Although now that I think about it, I wonder if this could be why it's such a tough decision for Al? If knowing that Horford coming back is going to lead to us trading out Millsap, a friend, that would probably be a hard thing to come to grips with.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I just don't understand the shopping Millsap angle. Makes no sense to me unless we are getting a stud SF on a cheap rookie contract back in the deal - which seems unlikely. This only makes sense if Millsap has made it clear he's signing for top dollar next year over staying here where he's been successful and in a stable organization.

Or if no one is interested in taking our table scraps and giving us cap space in return.