• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS MADE SIGNIFICANT OFFER TO HORFORD

wolvetigers

30 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Although now that I think about it, I wonder if this could be why it's such a tough decision for Al? If knowing that Horford coming back is going to lead to us trading out Millsap, a friend, that would probably be a hard thing to come to grips with.

image.gif

• Premium Member

Cs are meeting with Durant today or tonight... I'd say their front office is pretty preoccupied as-is... and as bad as we are right now, their fans have to be about as wired as could possibly be imagined.

If our plan is to ship out Millsap if Horford resigns, then that can't be our only potential move. Look at our roster.

1. Dwight Howard     
  2. Kent Bazemore     
  3. Tiago Splitter     
  4. Kyle Korver     
  5. Thabo Sefolosha     
  6. Mike Scott     
  7. Dennis Schröder     
  8. Tim Hardaway Jr.     
  9. Mike Muscala     
  10. Walter Tavares     
  11. Lamar Patterson     
  12. Taurean Prince     
  13. DeAndre' Bembry
  14. Paul Millsap

That is already 14 players with Horford taking Millsap's spot if that is the Hawk's plan. We still need at least a #3 PG behind Dennis and Patterson, with it likely being a true #2 PG we are after.

Well, I guess that does put us at 15 roster spots, but moving Sap actually free's up some money so we could actually afford to add another player. I'm still not sure this makes much sense.

If there's any chance Milsap signs next year,  I don't know how you trade him to retain Horford. Unless this is a full out one bird in the hand type of thinking.  This offense could really bog down without Milsap and Teague to create shots/space. 

Not that it's tanking, but don't see likely avenues for this team improving without Milsap here. Thankfully,  I'm not an NBA GM though. I'll stay optimistic, but I feel like a sign and trade for Horford might be the best outcome here. 

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

If our plan is to ship out Millsap if Horford resigns, then that can't be our only potential move. Look at our roster.

1. Dwight Howard     
  2. Kent Bazemore     
  3. Tiago Splitter     
  4. Kyle Korver     
  5. Thabo Sefolosha     
  6. Mike Scott     
  7. Dennis Schröder     
  8. Tim Hardaway Jr.     
  9. Mike Muscala     
  10. Walter Tavares     
  11. Lamar Patterson     
  12. Taurean Prince     
  13. DeAndre' Bembry
  14. Paul Millsap

That is already 14 players with Horford taking Millsap's spot if that is the Hawk's plan. We still need at least a #3 PG behind Dennis and Patterson, with it likely being a true #2 PG we are after.

Well, I guess that does put us at 15 roster spots, but moving Sap actually free's up some money so we could actually afford to add another player. I'm still not sure this makes much sense.

That's why we wait and wait some more. Just lots of moving parts.

48 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

we need to find a scorer to replace millsap - if we can do that im fine with it all - but we need another wing and PG. or we are getting a top 3 pick somehow

Are we not overrating  Millsap's offensive  impact? Is not  a zero sum game if he leaves others will get more shots. He averaged  17 ppg and Al averaged 15ppg. Sap  attempted  roughly  1 more shot a game than  Horford. Horford actually  made more fg's per game on 1 less shot per game. Millsap's  scoring average is higher because he attempted 5 free throws  a game to Al's 1.6. Al  can easily make up  for that scoring by taking more  shots. Howard will definitely replace Saps free throw attempts but  won't convert at a 80% clip like Sap and Horford. 

The Hawks should definitely look to add more people that get to the line, and create off  the dribble. I would be more worried about that than his raw scoring. 

Just so we are all on the same page my preference is to keep all three. I'm not advocating trading  Sap, but we should if we don't plan  to resign him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

1. Dwight Howard     
  2. Kent Bazemore     
  3. Tiago Splitter     
  4. Kyle Korver     
  5. Thabo Sefolosha     
  6. Mike Scott     
  7. Dennis Schröder     
  8. Tim Hardaway Jr.     
  9. Mike Muscala     
  10. Walter Tavares     
  11. Lamar Patterson     
  12. Taurean Prince     
  13. DeAndre' Bembry
  14. Paul Millsap

Jarrett Jack should come cheap. I'm sure Bembry and Prince will be in D League quite a bit so maybe that frees up spots during the season.

8 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Jarrett Jack should come cheap. I'm sure Bembry and Prince will be in D League quite a bit so maybe that frees up spots during the season.

Going to D League doesn't free up roster spots.

Pfft!!!

Edited by RandomFan

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Pfft!!!

Ooh, that flew inder the radar.  Must not be convinced he can be a good enough 3.

I understand it but still hope they give it a shot.  No other wangs have enough size.  Maybe trade him for Toby Harris?  just a thought

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, that flew inder the radar.  Must not be convinced he can be a good enough 3.

I understand it but still hope they give it a shot.  No other wangs have enough size.  Maybe trade him for Toby Harris?  just a thought

Yea.  I mean, LeBron James and Demarre Carroll are about same size as Sap.  I don't see why Sap couldn't drop a few pounds to pick up some speed.  Not oblivious to the fact that James is super-athletic.