• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS MADE SIGNIFICANT OFFER TO HORFORD

wolvetigers

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Horford is waiting on OKC or GSW, I would bet on it. Who ever loses out on Durant, Al is next in line for the contenders to talk with out west.

I think Horford has more character then that.. I mean I could be wrong but I would hesitate to put Al in the same mental class as Bron and his merrymen a few  years ago

• Premium Member

Hawks confusing Free Agency starting to make sense. As they've said all along the priority was signing Horford and Baze. After Horford declined to immediately sign their offer the Hawks (wisely) quickly moved on to the next best Center option in Howard. Having both Howard and Paul under contract they are now trying to leverage their position as Horford's bird rights holder to gain more assets, by working out a SnT or by trading Paul and then maxing Horford. Logical strategy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

I think Horford has more character then that.. I mean I could be wrong but I would hesitate to put Al in the same mental class as Bron and his merrymen a few  years ago

I am not going to call wanting to win a championship a character flaw. If Horford bolts for GSW, OKC, Spurs, etc...I would not hold that against him. Players want two things, money and championships.

He is not having a Bron circus like announcement. He is looking at all his options in a Horford way. Very quietly and with class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

THE Wizards.  smh.

Which means money clearly at the top of his list.  

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

THE Wizards.  smh.

I can see the Celtics but the Wizards, now that is crazy.  I just wondering why he wants that fifth year so badly right now, I know that I like to resign him but worst come to worst, we do a SNT him for assets.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But the Hawks can offer him more.

With what money?  Currently the Hawks can't offer any contract to Al?  Why wait around for something that might happen when you can take the for sure offer from someone else.  I think l at this point Atlanta won't be able to pony up enough to keep Al around because of money tied up with other players.

Let's keep in perspective that these are still just rumors - with no fact or quote to back them up.

But if they ARE true, then I think it's highly possible Al is just using those two teams to make us sweeten our offer - and to qualify, I said "possible" not probable.

With Durant meeting with the Celtics tonight, I suspect we'll know more about Al by the end of tonight.

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Let's keep in perspective that these are still just rumors - with no fact or quote to back them up.

But if they ARE true, then I think it's highly possible Al is just using those two teams to make us sweeten our offer - and to qualify, I said "possible" not probable.

With Durant meeting with the Celtics tonight, I suspect we'll know more about Al by the end of tonight.

Yahoo is the best source out there. If we don't jump in with a last minute save, I fully expect this to happen.