• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consolidated Horford / Millsap trade thread

RandomFan

I'm having to check too many different threads for Horford and Millsap info. Let's consolidate everything in here and make it easier on all of us.

Anything related to Horford and his contract status, as well as Millsap and any possible trade scenarios can go in here.

19 minutes ago, Afro said:

How are we supposed to trust ANY media when they've told us 5th year specifically was NOT offered? 

Now it was? Sports journalism is such a pathetic industry. 

Y'all don't know shit. 

Yep. Getting upset over nothing even happening. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. These guys are clueless.

• Like 2

Although it has been REALLY nice to see so much attention on the Hawks this year (I love the DH signing).. It has been obnoxious with so much speculation and scenarios from the local bloggers and media. Especially so much negative speculation and conclusions on what the team would be without even knowing for certain who is on the roster in August.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Although it has been REALLY nice to see so much attention on the Hawks this year (I love the DH signing).. It has been obnoxious with so much speculation and scenarios from the local bloggers and media. Especially so much negative speculation and conclusions on what the team would be without even knowing for certain who is on the roster in August.

Dwight/Hawks were on the yahoo front page at one time. The last couple of days has been insanity. 

• Like 3

As much as I hate to admit it, the idea that Millsap might be on the move is looking more and more like a reality. I'm clinging to the hopes that this is all just hot air because the Hawks don't let things leak. But other teams do, and I suspect if we are contacting multiple teams that are letting this leak, then there may actually be fire where there is smoke....

I'm going to be disgusted if we end up having to lose Millsap. The only saving grace will be if we can add someone like Jaylon Brown or another young stud on a rookie contract.

Just now, RandomFan said:

having to lose Millsap. The only saving grace will be if we can add someone like Jaylon Brown or another young stud on a rookie contract.

I doubt we are trading him for anything less than great value. 

• Premium Member

Cautiously optimistic.... but the point is well-taken, if you give up Sap, you'd better get a starter who can score someway somehow.

Good that there's plenty of competition... drives up the price of playing poker.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I doubt we are trading him for anything less than great value. 

With how insane the amount of money is for even an average NBA player this free agency period, those rookie scale contracts are worth a whole lot more than they were last week. Like a LOT more.

And that goes for the 12th pick in the draft and his cheap contract that we got for Teague.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

WELLLL... Bud didn't  impress with the Teague trade.

I'm sure you'd admit yourself... that's a pretty darn high standard to meet. ;) In all the years we've been convening here, not real sure if there's ever been a trade that impressed you... ?!?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I want what OKC got for Ibaka. A good player who is very talented, a very good prospect and more cap space. 

If we get a starting quality wing, well, I would be happy. 

That, too, is a high standard. I'm not going to set expectations that high.... hopes, yes, but not expectations... ORL just went loopy on that one.