• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consolidated Horford / Millsap trade thread

RandomFan

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

We lost Horford over $6m freaking dollars??? Barely over $1m per season? Give me a freaking break...

He is a money grubbing bastard. He didn't play hard last season so that he wouldn't get hurt and he went for the bucks.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Outside of the podcast, I think will take a nice long vacation from the NBA. Congrats to Al. Hopes he enjoys Boston. There is a reason Ainge has a ring. There's levels to this shit.

I hope he has a career ending injury.

• Premium Member

Have to say.... I was not real excited about that 5th year. Sounds like sour grapes, and maybe it is, but I just felt Budcox was already extending the payroll quite a bit.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Outside of the podcast, I think will take a nice long vacation from the NBA. Congrats to Al. Hopes he enjoys Boston. There is a reason Ainge has a ring. There's levels to this shit.

Don't get me started on Ainge's ring.  It aint because he's a great exec.

3 minutes ago, RWF said:

We might as well trade Sap too. Told you guys we should have went the draft way.

Hopefully Schröder and Dwight can be stars.

The problem with draft way is I can't see Bud tanking. We can win 35 games with Pero as our Center

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And it's done.  The final link to the Billy Knight / Rick Sund era is gone.

CmZXM4bWYAEwbic.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Not sure how to come to any other conclusion than that Horf didn't want to be here after all.... we did offer more money and more years overall. I can't fault Budcox on this one. At all.

Next move?

Someone made the point that DH has flourished best in his career when he's had a viable PF beside him.... and that he's never had a better PF beside him than what Sap will be.

But I'm wondering what other smaller move we can make now to improve.

Look, I understand us lowballing him to some degree. The Spurs have survived on convincing their star players to take a little less money in order to put together a championship roster. So on  one hand I can't really be mad at Bud for trying to do that too. But on the other hand, Al was a Hawks staple and a respected guy here. If you weren't sure he wasn't going to feel disrespected by your offer, you shouldn't have tried to lowball him.

• Premium Member

I'd always assumed we were offering at least the max for 4 years that anyone else could offer PLUS the 3% bigger raises. If I'm wrong on that, then "low-balling" might be accurate, but I'm not inclined to think that way.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

2016-07-02_1757.png

So.... whoever this guy is, he's now blacklisted... these days, you'd best make sure your sources are credible, or tweet karma will get you.