• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good Riddance!!! GTFO!

Diesel

No one except Supes is slobbering over losing Al.  We are enraged that he screwed up our offseason and left us with no cap space, and no way to even get an MLE other than to take more salaries back than we give up in a trade.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

No one except Supes is slobbering over losing Al.  We are enraged that he screwed up our offseason and left us with no cap space, and no way to even get an MLE other than to take more salaries back than we give up in a trade.

I'm not worried about the money.  Actually, he did us a favor by not signing what we offered and tying up our dollars with mediocre returns for the next 5 years.   It's a blessing in disguise for the franchise.  Now, we're younger, we're stronger, and we are in a nice place with the financials.  Next year a lot of money comes off the books.   However, even before that, we will be competitive.   There are also still some moves that we can make that will make us a better team going into the season.  Let's just get a BU PG who we can trust and maybe consider trading for a young SF.  I say Mirotic but that's just me. 

If you read the articles about Boston signing Horford, you would think that he is the second coming of Bill Russell or something... 

One writer called him a cross between Bosh and Duncan.  Really?  Comparing Horford to 2 future Hall of Famers is a bit too damn much.  Those 2 guys could actually rebound...

Speaking of rebounds, how many did you think Horford had in the entire Cavs series?  Let me help you out....

13!!!!!

13 total rebounds in an entire series!  GTFOH!!!  And we had to watch him get sodomized by Tristan for 4 agonizing games.   It was awful...

People will try to say it was the scheme we were running, but to have 13 rebounds in a playoff series playing against power forwards (not NBA centers) is f@#Kin terrible.

Now we have a guy that can finish above the rim with power, defend the rim, and get on the damn boards!  It's an upgrade all the way...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

13 total rebounds in an entire series!  GTFOH!!!  And we had to watch him get sodomized by Tristan for 4 agonizing games.   It was awful...

People will try to say it was the scheme we were running, but to have 13 rebounds in a playoff series playing against power forwards (not NBA centers) is f@#Kin terrible.

Now we have a guy that can finish above the rim with power, defend the rim, and get on the damn boards!  It's an upgrade all the way...

To only get 13 or 16 rebounds in a playoff game means that you just didn't try.   It's disrespectful.   We could have played Humph the whole series and prolly got better results. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

If you read the articles about Boston signing Horford, you would think that he is the second coming of Bill Russell or something... 

One writer called him a cross between Bosh and Duncan.  Really?  Comparing Horford to 2 future Hall of Famers is a bit too damn much.  Those 2 guys could actually rebound...

Speaking of rebounds, how many did you think Horford had in the entire Cavs series?  Let me help you out....

13!!!!!

Yeah, some idiot Boston fan on the Boston Globe website said that Horford reminded him/her of Dave Cowens!!!  Dave Cowens would have been embarrassed to have a four rebound game, to say nothing of a 1 rebound game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

To only get 13 or 16 rebounds in a playoff game means that you just didn't try.   It's disrespectful.   We could have played Humph the whole series and prolly got better results. 

Agreed Diesel.  I'm usually a lurker here, but I had to speak up.  Rebounding is an effort stat, and it goes to show he had very little of it in the playoffs when it counted.  He was playing not to get hurt.  I hate that...

Speaking of Humph,  that's a guy we need to be on the phone with ASAP.  He can replicate what Al did and rebound for a fraction of the price.

I'm not for paying a guy max that puts up 13 and 6 when it counts...

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can't believe all the slobbering around here for Al Horford.    It's evident, that dude mailed it in last year.   He played weakly and incompetently and then got mad when we woudn't give him a max Contract.

I say Good Riddance.   We Gon be alright.

We got a real Center in the A. 

Paul Millsap is still better than Al. 

Bud  is still the best coach in the East.

And We saved money not giving huggy bear a max contract for 5 years.   

IF you didn't want to be here, you should have said something earlier.   We could have kept Teague.  I'm sure Houston would have gone for a Trade during the season of Horf for D12. 

That's fine though.  I look forward to playing Al and the Celtics.   I hope your pec doesn't tear when D12 is snatching those rebounds from you Al.   And as for as the fans go... Don't worry, you will encounter rabid Hawks fans everytime you come into the Phil. 

For all you guys that tried to vilify Joe and Teague for their departure from Atlanta... I offer up Al Horford....  The real villain. 

LOL.  Right.  At least Joe and Jeff didn't voluntarily leave.  Marvin and Josh didn't either.  Nor did Jamal.   Only Chill and Al left on their own.

While I'm not as mad as everyone else for Horford choosing to leave, he DID leave on his own.   It will be interesting to see what kind of response he gets, when he comes back to Philips.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ChipShot said:

Howard's going to mean business this year. With his image in shambles going back home will be the toughest challenge of his career. Doing it on his own turf!

I think for Howard, this is a dream come true..  but you're right it's work to fix.  Great thing is that he has the best coach to help him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Diesel said:

To only get 13 or 16 rebounds in a playoff SERIES means that you just didn't try.   It's disrespectful.   We could have played Humph the whole series and prolly got better results. 

Fixed it for you bro, lol.

I'm with Diesel here. To get 13 boards in a series, then feel 'disrespected' after being offered a $136 MILLION DEAL just isn't a good look no matter how you look at it. I never thought that I'd say this on the forum but I'll be rooting for Dwight extra hard this season. Dwight is many things we're not fans of but I never saw him get punked in the lane the way Tristan Thompson did our former center the last two postseasons. 

One thing's for sure; you can't say that they didn't try this summer. He didn't want to be here, plain and simple. His choice. Hopefully, it will be his loss...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

One writer called him a cross between Bosh and Duncan.  Really? 

That sounds about right ..... if he meant the 40 year old version of Duncan and if Bosh's could only score on set jump shots.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ChipShot said:

Howard's going to mean business this year. With his image in shambles going back home will be the toughest challenge of his career. Doing it on his own turf!

I wonder will Dwight have a press conference and if so I want to hear him say something Al, Josh and Joe and Teague we never bold to say "I want to bring ATL a championship."

1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

I wonder will Dwight have a press conference and if so I want to hear him say something Al, Josh and Joe and Teague we never bold to say "I want to bring ATL a championship."

I could really care less. If he flies under the radar and doesn't say anything then that's all for the better.

Edited by ChipShot

2 hours ago, Dejay said:

I'm with Diesel here. To get 13 boards in a series, then feel 'disrespected' after being offered a $136 MILLION DEAL just isn't a good look no matter how you look at it. I never thought that I'd say this on the forum but I'll be rooting for Dwight extra hard this season. Dwight is many things we're not fans of but I never saw him get punked in the lane the way Tristan Thompson did our former center the last two postseasons. 

One thing's for sure; you can't say that they didn't try this summer. He didn't want to be here, plain and simple. His choice. Hopefully, it will be his loss...

Maybe Horford would have tried harder if he knew we were going to offer $10 million per rebound.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, High5 said:

Maybe Horford would have tried harder if he knew we were going to offer $10 million per rebound.

Lol, I  see what you did there....nicely played.