• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul> al

volman

• Moderators

I agree but people are pissed because Horford was our guy. We drafted him and he spent his entire career here. I still think of Sap as a Utah Jazz. An undersized tweener whereas Horford was the typical size for a PF.

But Sap is one of the best all-around players in the league and a perfect compliment to D12. He can stretch the floor with the three, and, unlike Horford, isn't afraid of contact and will fight with D12 for rebs and second chance points.

For me, it seems like all we have is D12 and Sap now that Horford and Teague are gone. Schröder is unproven as a starter, Bazemore will be our starting 2 (whatever that means), and SF is a HUGE question mark. We get SF answered with a legit veteran then I'll feel better about our situation. I really dread thinking that Bazemore will be relied upon to do a majority of the scoring for our starters.

But we are in another transitional period now that Horford is gone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Premium Member

No question Paul is a better player.  But, one has to wonder if Paul Millsap will be upset about being shopped (allegedly).  The way this whole thing played out in the eyes of social media just wasn't a good look, whether all or some of it was true or not.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

No question Paul is a better player.  But, one has to wonder if Paul Millsap will be upset about being shopped (allegedly).  The way this whole thing played out in the eyes of social media just wasn't a good look, whether all or some of it was true or not.

Paul will be happy to finally be getting some help inside. It's about to make his life a lot easier, so he can focus his energy on being an even more bada$$ PF. Sap's a smart fella and knows this is a bidness.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Paul will be happy to finally be getting some help inside. It's about to make his life a lot easier, so he can focus his energy on being an even more bada$$ PF. Sap's a smart fella and knows this is a bidness.

It is a business, but these guys are human too and the Hawks just gave the appearance that he was less valuable to keep than a guy who they wouldn't pay the max to.  When Paul opts out after this year, he'll command the max which I think will be well in excess of $30 million per.  Even if the Hawks offer him that (I have my doubts), there's no guarantee he stays by any means.

18 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

It is a business, but these guys are human too and the Hawks just gave the appearance that he was less valuable to keep than a guy who they wouldn't pay the max to.  When Paul opts out after this year, he'll command the max which I think will be well in excess of $30 million per.  Even if the Hawks offer him that (I have my doubts), there's no guarantee he stays by any means.

The Hawks had better read the tea leaves on this one. Having 'Tits' leave for nothing, followed by Millsap in consecutive years is franchise suicide.

The Hawks had better read the tea leaves on this one. Having 'Tits' leave for nothing, followed by Millsap in consecutive years is franchise suicide.

Agreed. Unless we look like we have a legit shot at the finals at the break, then we need to trade Milsap and even Howard for picks or young talent.

18 minutes ago, RamblinCharger said:

Agreed. Unless we look like we have a legit shot at the finals at the break, then we need to trade Milsap and even Howard for picks or young talent.

I would keep Howard depending on how it's going with him.

I'll be interested to see how Koonin markets him. A lot of native Atlantan's who are his fans but casual Hawks fans maybe inclined to get behind the team. Will he be a constant draw as a 'superstar' they crave? A lot is on Dwight though.

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They'll calm down once they see the draft picks in Summer League.  Prince will be the real deal.

Counting on that. Him earning minutes on the floor much sooner than later would be nice.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They'll calm down once they see the draft picks in Summer League.  Prince will be the real deal.

The hope of draft picks always sucks us in, especially since the fabled "Bud begs Pop and RC to trade for Kawhi" thing.  I'd take one being a bum if the other became a legit starter.  Like really quick.  Devin Booker quick.  Edy's a bust, I have no more patience.  

I'll take your word and hope Prince is like DeMarre in more ways than just looking like his little brother.  Bremby needs a haircut before I take him seriously.  Josh Childress looking ass boy.

Edited by benhillboy