• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring Back Diaw?

BigDog90

I wouldn't mind him back in ATL. He guards stretch bigs well which is something ATL struggles against. 

Examples - Jerebko, Frye and Love during the playoffs.

He'd be an upgrade over Scott and can play all 5 positions.

A Dennis/Thabo/Baze/Millsap/Diaw lineup could match up well with a Curry/Klay/Durant/Iggy/Draymond lineup.

Edited by BigDog90
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BigDog90 said:

I wouldn't mind him back in ATL. He guards stretch bigs well which is something ATL struggles against. 

Examples - Jerebko, Frye and Love during the playoffs.

He'd be an upgrade over Scott and can play all 5 positions. A Dennis/Thabo/Baze/Millsap/Diaw lineup could match up well with a Curry/Klay/Durant/Iggy/Draymond lineup.

Yes dump Scott.

6 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Also would this get us over the cap to get the MLE? 

Not sure. Hawks got 3.8 cap space now. I'm sure by cutting Scott, they should have enough to absorb Diaw's contract.

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Right now I'm willing to try anything. Get Diaw, Mills, Livingston, Barbosa, Speights I don't care.. JUST DO SOMETHING!

Speights would be nice too. I see CHA signed Sessions. He would have been a nice pickup for ATL but thankfully Jack is still available.

• Premium Member

2016-07-04_1537.png

To make a trade that puts us over the cap, we have to send out $4.66 or more salary (ie, one that Diaw's contract @ 7m would represent 150% of).... but that doesn't seem to sere SAS's purposes here. They want someone to take the entire salary off their books b/c they're looking to carve $5.1m off to accommodate Gasol.  So the trade would have to be significantly bigger if we're involved.

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

2016-07-04_1537.png

To make a trade that puts us over the cap, we have to send out $4.66 or more salary (ie, one that Diaw's contract @ 7m would represent 150% of).... but that doesn't seem to sere SAS's purposes here. They want someone to take the entire salary off their books b/c they're looking to carve $5.1m off to accommodate Gasol.  So the trade would have to be significantly bigger if we're involved.

Could we not give them Scott and Moose? They can then cut Scott? 

What are you guys smoking?  Diaw?  Seriously?  They guy is 34 years old.  I'd rather the Hawks get young talent they can use to build value.  All we'd be doing is helping the Spurs... again.

• Like 4

Just now, ATLSmith said:

What are you guys smoking?  Diaw?  Seriously?  They guy is 34 years old.  I'd rather the Hawks get young talent they can use to build value.  All we'd be doing is helping the Spurs... again.

If the Spurs give us a 1st round pick, I'll do it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

2016-07-04_1537.png

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Could we not give them Scott and Moose? They can then cut Scott? 

I'm not communicating well. What I mean is, if the Hawks make a trade that puts them over the cap while taking back SAS' assets, the rule says we cannot take back more than 150% of salary in that trade--ie, to acquire a $7m player, you the Hawks would have to send back $4.66.

So, doing some more math, to get them under the cap (their current projected payroll w/ Gasol is $5.15m), we'd have to send out (round numbers) $10.5m and take back $15.75m--yielding 5.25m in cap space for them that they're after in order to accommodate their Gasol signing. (Technically, the number is 150% + $100,000, fwiw.)

I read that Diaw has a list of 5 teams he would like to be traded too.  The Spurs are trying to accommodate him.  I doubt the Hawks are on his short list.  No name players want to come here.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I read that Diaw has a list of 5 teams he would like to be traded too.  The Spurs are trying to accommodate him.  I doubt the Hawks are on his short list.  No name players want to come here.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we're on that list. It's a system that he knows he can flourish in, and you have to think he'd love to play for Bud.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we're on that list. It's a system that he knows he can flourish in, and you have to think he'd love to play for Bud.

Yea its just funny because every time Spurs trade a player it usually ends up  in Hawks uniform just because of Spurs relationship with Bud

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

44 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Yea its just funny because every time Spurs trade a player it usually ends up  in Hawks uniform just because of Spurs relationship with Bud

Remember the Nets are also a Spur-friendly front office now too.

38 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Make it patty mills and boris diaw and this offseason is complete.

Have them toss in Boban somehow.  Dey owe us.