Can we put together an offer to get Westbrook?

tonegully

29 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Sorry Spud, but you make a player like Westbrook fit. Westbrook would run the ATL as a Hawks player.

Respectfully disagree here. If you make him fit and he takes over, you have a problem. He's a great stat guy but hasn't won too much. I guess this season is the ultimate test without KD.

18 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Respectfully disagree here. If you make him fit and he takes over, you have a problem. He's a great stat guy but hasn't won too much. I guess this season is the ultimate test without KD.

Starting to change my own stance here. We need a big name and we do have a good system so he could fit.

4 minutes ago, Jwohlgem3 said:

Make room and at least it will give us a shot to talk to him.

Trade or cut players just to talk to a player we have zero chance at landing?:banned:

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

If you dont have a minimum of THREE SUPERSTARS on your team, the NBA ain't gonna help you win in the playoffs...

HOWARD, SAP, WESTBROOK.  The NBA can get behind that.

That is one superstar with two allstars

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swolehawk2 said:

The "KD was frustrated with Westbrook" stories are starting to pop up now. 

Those stories were already out there. Honestly, it makes sense that KD would want to go to the Warriors where they share the ball and don't care about the individual glory - KD is a team guy. The exact opposite of Westbrook.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Those stories were already out there. Honestly, it makes sense that KD would want to go to the Warriors where they share the ball and don't care about the individual glory - KD is a team guy. The exact opposite of Westbrook.

That may not be entirely true. I think that Westbrook is trying to help the team by going 100mph 100% of the time. He only has one speed, and that's all out. He just needs to pick his spots better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That may not be entirely true. I think that Westbrook is trying to help the team by going 100mph 100% of the time. He only has one speed, and that's all out. He just needs to pick his spots better.

Yeah the 100 mph pace is a blast to watch but that pace all the time makes him pretty inefficient a lot. He also needs to either stop taking threes or really work on that range. He shoots around thirty percent from three year in and year out. 

1 hour ago, Jlhawkins9 said:

I read Hawks might offer SAP/Dennis/2017 first rd pick and that would get the deal done.

Perhaps I just overvalue Millsap, even though I don't think so, but I want no part of that deal. Millsap is a top 3 PF behind only A. Davis and Aldridge, at least to me - which makes him one of the top 15 players in the NBA. And Schröder is going to blow up this year into a top 10 PG and is 5 years younger than Westbrook, and plays better defense.

If they throw in Sabonis, I MIGHT be tempted; but otherwise, who is going to play power forward for us? Scott? Muscala? No thanks. not as starters.

See, this just pisses me off again about Whorefart. If he had resigned with us, we could have done a trade like this and still had someone to play PF for us. We could have cleared out more cap room by moving Splitter and if necessary more filler, and landed Westbrook once Durant made up his mind. Screw you again Whorefart!

As soft as Whorefart is, that still would have been a sweet starting 5 of Westbrook, Baze, Korver, Whorefart, and Dwight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jlhawkins9 said:

I read Hawks might offer SAP/Dennis/2017 first rd pick and that would get the deal done.

WB/D12/Baze would be fun to watch together. 

I'm not big on Millsap In the trade is over paying and need him to help keep Westbrook

• Admin

I have watched a lot of Westbrook living in Ok and honestly I don't like his game ... he is a huge ball hog that looks for his own shot ... he takes some crazy shots and  forces a lot of things ... he passes when he is forced to and sometimes even then he still tries to take a shot.  I cringe when he dribbles down and just chucks up a three.  He is a super talent  and somehow a lot of shots go in but he is the polar opposite of  someone who plays in our offense.   

The big difference between him and Harden is that he tries really hard and plays D but they both don't understand that on offense its a team game.

Edited by capstone21

32 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I have watched a lot of Westbrook living in Ok and honestly I don't like his game ... he is a huge ball hog that looks for his own shot ... he takes some crazy shots and  forces a lot of things ... he passes when he is forced to and sometimes even then he still tries to take a shot.  I cringe when he dribbles down and just chucks up a three.  He is a super talent  and somehow a lot of shots go in but he is the polar opposite of  someone who plays in our offense.   

The big difference between him and Harden is that he tries really hard and plays D but they both don't understand that on offense its a team game.

Honestly in my opinion Westbrick is the top reason OKC hasn't been a legit Championship contender. I will never be fans of his or James Harden's for the way they left KD stranded in the 2011 finals. They had zero reason losing to Miami the way they did.