• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford had a deal in place with OKC?

During Kevin Durant's initial meeting with the Oklahoma City Thunder before the start of free agency, Sam Presti tried to persuade him to drop his planned meetings in the Hamptons and agree to a long-term deal on the spot.

The Thunder proposed the idea of pursuing Al Horford, who they believed would sign with their team if Durant would commit to a long-term deal.

Oklahoma City hoped to get Horford and his agent on the phone at midnight to start discussing a deal.

Durant was unwilling to change his plans to meet with other teams.

The Thunder contingent stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, located one mile away from Durant's compound, and waited.

There were only six rooms available for nine people, so they shared. Clay Bennett, a multimillion-dollar owner, in a Holiday Inn Express, sharing a bed. With so many restaurants closed for the holiday, they settled on a T.G.I. Friday's for a late dinner. There they waited for Durant to make his decision.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16791990/nba-changes-led-kevin-durant-departure-oklahoma-city-thunder

Edited by GameTime

Oh the horror.. An NBA owner reduced to an Holiday Inn Express :bad: 

As for Alice Whoreford , he will regret his decision cause I honestly do not think Boston is much better with him. He is as soft as pumpkin pie and if he gets aggressive again he will probably year his titty again. FCK Alice Who record and his colluding with a coward in KD.. 

Maybe they should play together because they both want the easy road to victory..

Edited by IheartVolt
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

As for Alice Whoreford , he will regret his decision cause I honestly do not think Boston is much better with him. He is as soft as pumpkin pie and if he gets aggressive again he will probably year his titty again. FCK Alice Who record and his colluding with a coward in KD.. 

Maybe they should play together because they both want the easy road to victory..

Yeah, best case they make it to the second round. Ainge sees Crowder as an untouchable so good luck on them trying to get a star while keeping him. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which more or less indicates that Al was looking/ready to leave the Hawks.

That's what I have been saying since before he announced. You guys are nuts if you do not think that father of his had a hand in these dealings. Alice is not his own woman

• Like 2

First off, Ainge is on crack. Ainge prolly values his dog's shit, excuse my language. Secondly, Horford did probably want to leave us but good cuz who needs that heartless soft slab of butter...and last but not least, damn you @IheartVolt cuz now I want pumpkin pie lol.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

First off, Ainge is on crack. Ainge prolly values his dog's shit, excuse my language. Secondly, Horford did probably want to leave us but good cuz who needs that heartless soft slab of butter...and last but not least, damn you @IheartVolt cuz now I want pumpkin pie lol.

Oh hellz no.. Demz is fighting words wherez I comez from.. Give me the directions to the nearest Waffle House close to u and meet me there in Thirty

200w_d (14).gif

6 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Oh hellz no.. Demz is fighting words wherez I comez from.. Give me the directions to the nearest Waffle House close to u and meet me there in Thirty

200w_d (14).gif

Lol our waffle houses blow here in the Bay Area we have falafels lol

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol our waffle houses blow here in the Bay Area we have falafels lol

Waffle House blow everywhere.

Diced , smothered , covered garbage

Eh. I hope he tears both pectoral muscles in the first minute of the first game next season, but I think this is nothing. The article says OKC thought pursuing Horford would entice KD to stay (and locking down a commitment from KD would help them land Horford), nothing more. Definitely doesn't make me think a deal was in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

New member here.I enjoy reading your posts.You are hilarious.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Welcome aboard AnnieMay. You will really enjoy it here especially right now with all the free agency drama going on.

5 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Thanks guys.I've been lurking here for the past few months.I finally gathered the patience to join,lol.Seems more cozy and friendly  compared to the ajc blog community. 

For the most part we all mind our manners and it is cozy and I'm sure you have already seen how much passion everyone has when talking Hawk's roundball here.

10 hours ago, AnnieMay said:

Welcome aboard. This is one of the best forums around in pro sports, much less the NBA. Like any family, we argue (a lot) but the common cause is to see this team finally win a world title in our lifetimes. And as any outsider will painfully attest, this is NOT the place to come trashing the Hawks, especially if you've been a lifelong Lakers or Bulls fan and have championship rings falling out of your pockets. They get the gate pretty quickly...

• Moderators

While I am in the camp of resenting Horford as well right now, what about this article suggests he had a deal in place with OKC?  Seems like he just got pitched by OKC while he was making the rounds as an UFA.

14 hours ago, supermariowest said:

Eh. I hope he tears both pectoral muscles in the first minute of the first game next season, but I think this is nothing. The article says OKC thought pursuing Horford would entice KD to stay (and locking down a commitment from KD would help them land Horford), nothing more. Definitely doesn't make me think a deal was in place. 

That is my read too.