• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight and Edy

timdawg777

• Premium Member

While Edy could spend some time in D League this season, he should be commended on how hard he's been working.  He's clearly improved his body and his timing as a rim protector has gotten significantly better.  I wouldn't rule him out as a guy who gets some run this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Edy will be playing because we know gimpy Splitter will get hurt again. He does every year.

As miserable as you are and seem to want to be, and considering the history of the Hawks, I can't believe you only have 15,000 something posts. 

Edited by Dakin
  • Like 2

Splitter has been repaired, he'll be a great backup again like he was WHEN HE WON HIS CHIP WITH THE SPURS. Edy still has only been playing hoops for 6 years TOTAL. As in when he picked up the game. Give him another year or 2 in Hawks U and he'll be a mighty fine backup C too. He'll never be a starter, he was a 2nd rounder and productive #2 is his ceiling. I'll take it...

6 hours ago, Jody23 said:

While Edy could spend some time in D League this season, he should be commended on how hard he's been working.  He's clearly improved his body and his timing as a rim protector has gotten significantly better.  I wouldn't rule him out as a guy who gets some run this season.

I'd hope so. Hawks got to show they can develop a starting caliber big after failing with Bebe and Payne. Millsap and Dwight aren't getting any younger.

• Like 1

Splitter will return to his productive Spurs backup days with the repaired hip. I know this from personal experience. I used to run 5 and 10 Ks. Tore my left meniscus on an ALTA tennis team. Couldn't make it to the bathroom out of my bed or into the office out of my car without crutches for months. Scoped the knee, now it's stronger than before my injury and running again less than 6 months out of surgery. Same with 3zus and Thabo. Hawks will be stronger than last year.