• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who does this oddsmaker think will challenge CLE for EC crown?

sturt

• Premium Member

Note, I figure this is more of an illustration of just how many BOS fans and uninformed others have bought into the hype. All told, what has BOS actually accomplished this off-season? Did they land that outside shooter that they were starving for in the playoffs? Al will be a good player for them, but honestly, their draft seems a disaster, at least in the short term, and beyond Al, there's nothing else impressive to me. I'm guessing many here would agree, no?

... closer view...

2016-07-15_1151.png

My best shot at an objective take:

1) CLE

2) TOR

3) IND

4) ATL

5) DET

6) BOS

7) MIL

8) CHA

• Premium Member

Sorry... this is more of the same. 

As you look at this season,  there are a few teams this offseason that has made up the diffference to Cleveland and will challenge.

Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, and Indy...

When you consider the changes that those 4 teams have made...  Detroit just by not losing anybody...

I can't begin to know how Chicago will be with Butler, Wade.. but that team is going to be formidable.

Detroit from watching their young players grow (Pope, Jackson, and Stanley). 

Indy has collected the House (Teague, Young, and Jefferson)...  

But I think biggest of all is US...  We lack weaknesses.  We are the defense that teams will be scared to face. 

• Like 1

I can't say exactly where the Hawks are but I know where Boston isn't - and that is better challengers to the Cavs than us.  All everyone talks about is they added Al and a rookie.  No one talks about what they have lost in Sully (rebounding, yes even though he's fat) and especially Evan Turner - he was their secondary ball handler with SIZE which allowed IT to play off ball a lot and who ran point for the 2nd unit.

I'm not surprised though, just like how suddenly Al is a 'Superstar' just by wearing green.

The Celts are mad overrated. The Raps Lowry will get fat and hurt and they won't finish 2nd. 

The Hawks and Pacers seem underrated to me. Then again Nate McMillen is coaching the Pacers so maybe not.

Honestly think we are top 2 or 3 or at the very worst 4.

• Premium Member

Yep, JayBird... and it's all a stunning illustration to me of how hype can tilt the odds.... I'm sure there's been a serious surge from New Englanders, as well as those who became Celtics fans across the fruited plain back in the Bird era, making early bets on their team.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Don't get the rosy view of Bulls. To me, CHI picked up some scraps to replace guys who are mostly done. Butler can only do so much.

The thing about Chicago is that they just didn't surround Butler with nothing.

Wade is going to be about an 18, 4 guy.

Lopez and Gibson are both underrated bigs who will do OK.   PG play may be their achilles or maybe their frontcourt play, but they will be formidable. 

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

Can't buy that, Dies.

Pat Riley has it right.

Wade is an afterthought and not worth the money at this point.

Wade should have been worth the money to Miami because of what he did for the team.  It's like us dropping Nique.  Maybe it was a good trade but you don't do your own legends that way.   More appropriate is LAL Kobe.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Celts are mad overrated. The Raps Lowry will get fat and hurt and they won't finish 2nd. 

The Hawks and Pacers seem underrated to me. Then again Nate McMillen is coaching the Pacers so maybe not.

Honestly think we are top 2 or 3 or at the very worst 4.

I like our chances, but objectively, I have to admit we have a few too many "ifs" to be considered the primary contender. Several things have to go our way that seemingly should, but very well might not.

People really don't understand Vegas.   The odds are set to promote money on both sides.   Boston is high because a lot of people are fans. Vegas knows they are going to get a lot of action on those odds.   They set the odds high to protect themselves.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

People really don't understand Vegas.   The odds are set to promote money on both sides.   Boston is high because a lot of people are fans. Vegas knows they are going to get a lot of action on those odds.   They set the odds high to protect themselves.

That's what I wanted to write but you were to fast...

If I'm ranking them....

1.Pacers-Yes I'm buying that all their pieces glue together and they have a solid team. 

2.Cleveland-Coming off the championship win everyone will be gunning to topple the Cavs. And with a slightly less deep bench I think they'll slide just one spot down the Eastern Conference rankings 

3.Raptors-They replaced Bismack with Sully and that's about it. They'll like us after a great season for their city be scouted an drop a spot or 2 which is normal. But I still got them as a top 4 team in the East.

4.Pistons-I love what they got over there and how Stan uses those pieces. I think all their young guns make a huge leap. They're my sleeper team in the East.

5.Celtics-This is solely based on their roster now. If they pull off getting Westbrook then I slide them up the ranks to a top 3 team. But as of right now they haven't moved a spot. They're the same team just with a better PF and a worse bench. 

6.Hawks-Now now don't overreact. I think we'll be good. But a lot of other Eastern conference teams have gotten better too. I think we'll stumble a little out the gate with all the new pieces on the bench and in the starting lineup, but we'll hit our stride in the 2nd half of the season and get close to a top 4 seed, but all in all the 6 seed seems right for us.

7.Bulls-I have to see how they play. Their spacing is gonna suck nuts, but they should be a good defensive team. Either way I'd put my chips on them over NYK all day every day if I had to pick one who will leap into the postseason. 

8.Magic-With Vogel at the helm I think they'll excel, and find themselves back into the playoffs. I like Vucevic who I think will be an all star this season, and they got some nice pieces who I think will step up in Payton,Hezonja,Green,etc. 

And with those rankings it'll shake out like this...

1.Pacers vs 8.Magic=Pacers 4-1

2.Cavs vs 7.Bulls=Cavs 4-2

3.Raptors vs 6.Hawks=Hawks 4-2

4.Pistons vs 5.Celtics=Pistons 4-2

1.Pacers vs 4.Pistons=Pistons 4-2

2.Cavs vs 6.Hawks=Cavs 4-2

2.Cavs vs 4.Pistons=Cavs 4-3

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can't say exactly where the Hawks are but I know where Boston isn't - and that is better challengers to the Cavs than us.  All everyone talks about is they added Al and a rookie.  No one talks about what they have lost in Sully (rebounding, yes even though he's fat) and especially Evan Turner - he was their secondary ball handler with SIZE which allowed IT to play off ball a lot and who ran point for the 2nd unit.

I'm not surprised though, just like how suddenly Al is a 'Superstar' just by wearing green.

That team  wont be able to rebound for sh!t.  As is the Cavs would sweep them.`
Plus, Those guys don't  know that Tristan Thompson owns Al.  But Cleveland knows it, and they will exploit that match up as must as they can, no matter if  it's at center or PF.

A message to Celtic fans

giphy.gif

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, pimp said:

That team  wont be able to rebound for sh!t.  As is the Cavs would sweep them.`
Plus, Those guys don't  know that Tristan Thompson owns Al.  But Cleveland knows it, and they will exploit that match up as must as they can, no matter if  it's at center or PF.

A message to Celtic fans

giphy.gif

Post of the day lol

• Moderators
4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Agreed.  I just wish you could bet the reverse side of those odds.  Flip them around an let me take the action on them not finishing as a top 2 seed.  I know you can get those odds but suddenly they won't be nearly so lopsided as they are when vegas is knowing it can set crappy odds and still get tons of action on the Celtics.