• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Real Hawks GM...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Grant Hill. 

I find it interesting that Both the Suns and the Pistons sought to make Grant a GM and never could.  I found it equally interesting that Grant HIll received some credit from Dwight Howard for his deciding on Atlanta. 

“Grant Hill was a big part of the process. For somebody like [Hill] to believe in me, [Hawks general] Wes Wilcox and Bud (Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer) — for all of these guys to have that belief in me just gave me more confidence.

“After the season, I was a little bit down for a couple days,” Howard admitted. He credits the Hawks’ interest when free agency began July 1 to help him start feeling “really good about myself again.”

I say all that to say.. why wouldn't you want Hill as Part Owner and GM?  Or maybe GM behind the scenes?  I used to Hope that Nique had the ability to bring in free agents.  BUT in Grant Hill, I think we got one better.   He might not take the position in Name... but I believe that he's an architect in the building of this new Atlanta. 

You know that means:

chris-paul-of-the-los-angeles-clippers-a

topstory_mediaday11_670.jpgj.j.-redick-nba-los-angeles-clippers-min

Targets...

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I just think the guy doesn't want the spotlight.  Being a part owner gives him the ability to work behind the scenes.

Watch him when they announce Dwight, the guy just looks like he doesn't want to soak it up.

Well, I'm a guy who pays attention to messages...

DWIGHT_1468449083430_1619571_ver1.0.jpg

Look closely at the message here. 

We've seen how this is supposed to be done:

atlanta-hawks-general-manager-billy-knig

MW10912.jpg

head-coach-bud-budenholzer-lucas-noguier

2Q==

There's a message that is given when a guy inserts himself in the middle...

lebron-james-heatjpg-f363b2c2767cf838_la

alg-celtics-oneal-jpg.jpg

hi-res-9c2e6499c9c4f470311dc9ee94f08e96_

The fact that Grant Hill jumps into the middle of this...  Mentally suggests that he's responsible. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Well, I'm a guy who pays attention to messages...

DWIGHT_1468449083430_1619571_ver1.0.jpg

Look closely at the message here. 

We've seen how this is supposed to be done:

atlanta-hawks-general-manager-billy-knig

MW10912.jpg

head-coach-bud-budenholzer-lucas-noguier

2Q==

There's a message that is given when a guy inserts himself in the middle...

lebron-james-heatjpg-f363b2c2767cf838_la

alg-celtics-oneal-jpg.jpg

hi-res-9c2e6499c9c4f470311dc9ee94f08e96_

The fact that Grant Hill jumps into the middle of this...  Mentally suggests that he's responsible. 

Interesting. I know him and Dwight played together in ORL. I just found this today:

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/grant-hill-dwight-howard-is-too-worried-about-not-getting-touches-the-herd-121715

Grant Hill actually played with some of these guys. Dominique is a fossil that really doesn't offer much for player recruiting.

He got his statue. He's happy with that.

Edited by Duff_Man
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Grant Hill. 

I find it interesting that Both the Suns and the Pistons sought to make Grant a GM and never could.  I found it equally interesting that Grant HIll received some credit from Dwight Howard for his deciding on Atlanta. 

I say all that to say.. why wouldn't you want Hill as Part Owner and GM?  Or maybe GM behind the scenes?  I used to Hope that Nique had the ability to bring in free agents.  BUT in Grant Hill, I think we got one better.   He might not take the position in Name... but I believe that he's an architect in the building of this new Atlanta. 

You know that means:

chris-paul-of-the-los-angeles-clippers-a

topstory_mediaday11_670.jpgj.j.-redick-nba-los-angeles-clippers-min

Targets...

If JJ can forgive Dwight for saying he played with a bunch of nobodies in the Finals in ORL, he'd be a nice fit. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

If JJ can forgive Dwight for saying he played with a bunch of nobodies in the Finals in ORL, he'd be a nice fit. 

I think everybody in that class is ring chasing so I think he can.. Especially if his boy CP3 comes with him. 

Honestly:  IF Hill could bring in:  M. Morris, JJ Redick, CP3, and Robin Lopez to play with  Sap and Dw8... I think we'd better get Peachtree street all clean and pretty so that we can have a parade. 

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think everybody in that class is ring chasing so I think he can.. Especially if his boy CP3 comes with him. 

Honestly:  IF Hill could bring in:  M. Morris, JJ Redick, CP3, and Robin Lopez to play with  Sap and Dw8... I think we'd better get Peachtree street all clean and pretty so that we can have a parade. 

Eh, ring chasing and Hawks? I don't ATL is that type of destination yet. TOR has been the biggest threat to LeBron since CLE and no FAs went there. ATL would have to be in the Finals to get FAs attention.

GS is the only ring chasing destination.

Morris and Lopez (he's a starter not backup) got 3 more years left on his deal.

Maybe Hawks draft the 4 of the future next year, only game changing PF available next summer is Blake Griffin.

I could see Dennis being a future All-Star, Hardaway being a 6th man of the year candidate, Prince could be like a rich man's JYD, Dwight is Dwight.

Hopefully Bremby and Tavares develops as a solid guys and Baze stay getting better.

Edited by BigDog90

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Eh, ring chasing and Hawks? I don't ATL is that type of destination yet. TOR has been the biggest threat to LeBron since CLE and no FAs went there. ATL would have to be in the Finals to get FAs attention.

GS is the only ring chasing destination.

Morris and Lopez (he's a starter not backup) got 3 more years left on his deal.

Maybe Hawks draft the 4 of the future next year, only game changing PF available next summer is Blake Griffin.

I could see Dennis being a future All-Star, Hardaway being a 6th man of the year candidate, Prince could be like a rich man's JYD, Dwight is Dwight.

Hopefully Bremby and Tavares develops as a solid guys and Baze stay getting better.

Sorry BD... You have to open your mind. 

This is the issue in Atlanta.  We think that somehow we're  going to take Late Lottery and Midround Picks and develop them so well that we become Finals contenders.  This is why I don't have the supergreat Loyalty to our draft picks that most of you do.  I realize where they come from and I realize that they are just pieces that can be traded until Bud and Company finds a use for them. 

Lord.  Bembry and Prince were midrounders in a weak draft.   Tavares was a second round pick that was to be a stash.   However, we have made these guys the GOAT.

I would trade All Three and Dennis for a 1 year rental of CP3 and a shot at the championship...

Where is our hunger to win a championship???  Have we not learned anything from Lebron???  KD?  You have to cease the moment...  Right now, we have bonafide allstars at PF and C.  We have possibilities everywhere else.  IF we can find somebody else who is ring chasing  who fits what we want to do... we can be the next destination...

The Raptors window has just closed because they stood still while everybody else was getting better.   The good news is that Cleveland stood still too. 

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry BD... You have to open your mind. 

This is the issue in Atlanta.  We think that somehow we're  going to take Late Lottery and Midround Picks and develop them so well that we become Finals contenders.  This is why I don't have the supergreat Loyalty to our draft picks that most of you do.  I realize where they come from and I realize that they are just pieces that can be traded until Bud and Company finds a use for them. 

Lord.  Bembry and Prince were midrounders in a weak draft.   Tavares was a second round pick that was to be a stash.   However, we have made these guys the GOAT.

I would trade All Three and Dennis for a 1 year rental of CP3 and a shot at the championship...

Where is our hunger to win a championship???  Have we not learned anything from Lebron???  KD?  You have to cease the moment...  Right now, we have bonafide allstars at PF and C.  We have possibilities everywhere else.  IF we can find somebody else who is ring chasing  who fits what we want to do... we can be the next destination...

The Raptors window has just closed because they stood still while everybody else was getting better.   The good news is that Cleveland stood still too. 

Trust me, I'm open minded. I'm just realistic at the same time.

I don't have super loyalty to the picks at all. I don't care who gets traded as long as it either gets the Hawks some legit assets for the future or upgrades the talent on the floor.

Doc wouldn't take that trade from ATL, especially when he can get better deals elsewhere. The fact it's been known for years CP3 wants to play with his friends (Melo, Wade, LeBron) I wouldn't even go after him.

I'd definitely love to see ATL win a championship but the only game changing player available was KD and he didn't look at ATL at all and getting guys like Harrison Barnes, Parsons makes ATL no better than the Nets under Billy King, chasing names. It'll take time to establish ATL to be a ring chasing destination. They got to win a title first. I don't think it's impossible and I think Bud did the best he could with what he had. ATL will have plenty of cap space next summer. Hopefully, Dwight and Dennis do their thing next season so a Dennis/Baze/Dwight core could be attractive to FAs. Free agency showed it's all about relationships and ties. 

The Raptors got better. Championships aren't won in free agency. They kept DeRozan. Carroll and Jonas should be 100 percent. They got a lottery pick without having to give up nothing to replace Biyumbo (Poetl).

CLE still got a young TT, Love, LeBron and young Kyrie, no need to always make moves. You don't want to mess up a good thing like ORL when they didn't bring back their Finals team.

• Premium Member

Here it is...

Grant Hills message to all free agents before the beginning of Next offseason.  

(Optimist Prime voice)

I have found myself part of a legacy at Duke,  part of a bad boy legacy in Detroit, and even part of a legacy with the upstart Magic and Clippers.   For me, fate has yielded its reward: a new city to call... home. We live in Atlanta now, hiding in plain sight... but building a championship team.. waiting... winning. We have built a team with grit and determination.   One that we can call true to Atlanta.  I am Grant Hill, and I send this message to any free agents with grit and determination that want to win: We are here... we are waiting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Trust me, I'm open minded. I'm just realistic at the same time.

I don't have super loyalty to the picks at all. I don't care who gets traded as long as it either gets the Hawks some legit assets for the future or upgrades the talent on the floor.

Doc wouldn't take that trade from ATL, especially when he can get better deals elsewhere. The fact it's been known for years CP3 wants to play with his friends (Melo, Wade, LeBron) I wouldn't even go after him.

I'd definitely love to see ATL win a championship but the only game changing player available was KD and he didn't look at ATL at all and getting guys like Harrison Barnes, Parsons makes ATL no better than the Nets under Billy King, chasing names. It'll take time to establish ATL to be a ring chasing destination. They got to win a title first. I don't think it's impossible and I think Bud did the best he could with what he had. ATL will have plenty of cap space next summer. Hopefully, Dwight and Dennis do their thing next season so a Dennis/Baze/Dwight core could be attractive to FAs. Free agency showed it's all about relationships and ties. 

The Raptors got better. Championships aren't won in free agency. They kept DeRozan. Carroll and Jonas should be 100 percent. They got a lottery pick without having to give up nothing to replace Biyumbo (Poetl).

CLE still got a young TT, Love, LeBron and young Kyrie, no need to always make moves. You don't want to mess up a good thing like ORL when they didn't bring back their Finals team.

I like what you're saying.   However, don't disqualify what we do have.  Part of building a winning team is finding good pieces that fit and will make an impact.  We say that the rapts didn't lose much.  Losing Biyumbo will prove to be a lot.  I don't know what Sullinger will look like but we shall see. 

Cleveland on the other hand lost JR Smith and with the uncertainty surrounding the play of Love... I think it's going to be hard for them. 

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I like what you're saying.   However, don't disqualify what we do have.  Part of building a winning team is finding good pieces that fit and will make an impact.  We say that the rapts didn't lose much.  Losing Biyumbo will prove to be a lot.  I don't know what Sullinger will look like but we shall see. 

Cleveland on the other hand lost JR Smith and with the uncertainty surrounding the play of Love... I think it's going to be hard for them. 

That's not true - he's still unsigned. Cavs can exceed the cap to sign him, question is - will they.  He's asking $15 million.

Cavs did lose Dirty Delly and Mozgov.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is the failure of your argument though.    You accuse everyone here of overrating our guys saying they really aren't that great and then you think someone will trade CP3 for them?   If they aren't very good then why would the Clippers do that?   I think you're way overrating what these guys would bring us in a trade.    

In addition, CP3+Sap+Dwight isn't going to win a championship anyway.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

This is the failure of your argument though.    You accuse everyone here of overrating our guys saying they really aren't that great and then you think someone will trade CP3 for them?   If they aren't very good then why would the Clippers do that?   I think you're way overrating what these guys would bring us in a trade.    

In addition, CP3+Sap+Dwight isn't going to win a championship anyway.

I'm really glad Diesel and Supes aren't our GM....:-| Trade everyone for a limpin a$$ cp1 huh?...smh